IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge February 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2/3: 20 minutes hitting foam balls in my yard, focusing on finishing the backswing with my trailing elbow in the position I rehearsed yesterday. It feels like my elbow it pointing straight into the air at the top, which indicates how far behind my body I've been getting stuck with how I had been playing lately.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2/3 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on key 3 and finishing shoulder turn.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2/3: 10 minutes backswing focusing on right elbow position. Keeping in front- feels very connected not to retract elbow

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Since my arm is in a sling for 6 more weeks--I'm practicing mental focus in my preshot. Today I set up for a 40 yard pitch with 20 feet of roll. Went thru my routine, imagined the shot, stepped up and made the swing--with only my right arm. Designed to keep the routine fresh.

26 min

sklz swing trainer

7 iron swings. Brush, Y, L and pump drill full swing and full swing

driver swings. Brush, Y, L and pump drill and full swing 

did these drills after a couple of glasés o wine. My lag didn't improve. Lol

44 minutes ago, golfintheworld said:

Since my arm is in a sling for 6 more weeks--I'm practicing mental focus in my preshot. Today I set up for a 40 yard pitch with 20 feet of roll. Went thru my routine, imagined the shot, stepped up and made the swing--with only my right arm. Designed to keep the routine fresh.

Welcome! Good luck on the recovery. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

On 2/2/2017 at 4:06 PM, iacas said:

It's an unwritten rule, but I let you take one day off now for special circumstances.

Awesome!  Thanks man.  

2/3/2017 - I spent 45 minutes on the range working on letting the loft of the club do the work.  I focused on taking a divot after contact with the ball during that time.  

I then went and played 18 holes.  I was nGIR on 17 of 18 holes.  The only one I wasn't was a hole where I pulled a tee shot into a hazard and had to take a penalty.  It didn't equate to good scoring since I found myself in a lot of bunkers today, but... that just means I have something different to work on next week.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

13 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

minipitches with wiffle balls in house going from rug to rug.

Genius! :beer:

2/3: Played 18 today, shot 89 (45/44) with 6 pars. Thought about my hip turn and the new arm piece a little here and there, but really tried to focus on making sure I was setting up and aiming properly, and then just playing golf. The 3/4 "flighted" swing is working great and getting me on greens, but I still have a lot of distance work to do to get closer to the hole. I hit 7 GIRs, but 4 of my 6 pars came from scrambles and a sand save. Much more confident with pitching, the practice has certainly helped there as I tend to get excited when it's time to pull out my sand wedge. :ninja:

I ended up joining 3 college students around the 5th hole, only one of whom really knew what he was doing. They were nice guys and I had fun playing with them, but they were bad and slow. Made me really appreciate my own swing. 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

2/4: 10 minutes. Grip. Left wrist. Right elbow. Ball position. Hit squishy balls from foyer to bathroom at slow speed. 

My Swing

2/4 - 10 minutes in the backyard working on my new Evolvr lesson suggestions. I used my shadow instead of a mirror. If it gets higher than 30F, I may set up the net later. Also did some putting in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2/04 - pitching outside...short distance. After re-watching the quickie pitch video, I focussed on early wrist hinge and downward pull. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Hit a balls at the range and spent time putting. I ran into the @ClayB on the range. Nice guy.

Since I've been doing the work to fix Key 1, my iron shots are mostly dead on line with my target with a higher trajectory. Loving it. That's the good news. The bad is that my driver is producing a lot push fades. 

- Shane

20 min

sklz swing trainer, 7 iron, driver.

feet together swings, Y, L and full swing w/pump drill and w/o

maintain lag and deliver club to same spot were ideas. Still feels like heavy banging on floor with swing thru

Concept of weight on right heel and push off crept into session

tomorrow i get to try routine at range hitting golf balls and on course with el Alemán!

Edited by Mico
Typo

2/4: Played two rounds today, shot 91 and 95. Lots of bogeys (23), five pars, way to many doubles (7) and a triple. Putting felt off but ended up being a little better than average as far as counts go, just seemed like every single par putt missed by an inch and stopped 3 inches passed the hole. I appreciate tap-in bogeys, but it was nerve-racking. :cry: 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

2/4: Early extension drill, rehearsing swings indoors while keeping my butt in contact with a dining room chair. Still keeping a bit of thought on my left elbow position during these rehearsals, even though it isn't the focus of this drill.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2/4/2017 - I spent my morning practice session working on ball position in my stance.  I've had a tough time recently finding the 'right' position for me.  I thought I had it figured out on the range, but... once I got on the course, I had a heck of a time making solid enough contact to get the ball around the course.

I also spent a good 15 minutes on left-to-right breaking putts from 6 feet.  I pull those often and wanted to gain some confidence with them.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Note: This thread is 2574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!