IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals Break 80
In my Hoofer Extreme

DriverBurner Stock Shaft 9.5

1 Iron Hybrid Idea Pro3 Iron HybridIdea ProIronsX-Forged 4-PWWedgesSpin Milled Vokey PutterStudio Select Newport 2BallPro V1

My goals:

Shoot lower than 82 (Best ever 86).

How:

1. Continue working on drills my pro had me working on last year to improve my long game.

2. Improve my putting. Want to get under 30 putts per round.

Putting is my focus area for the year. Chipping/Pitching is my secondary focus area for the year, althought I'm in a situation where I can't practice in these areas as much.

Here's what I'm doing in the putting area: Bought an indoor putting mat with a hole. I actually bought it last year, which is good because the apartment I moved into has a crappy shag carpet so the putting mat helps me tremendously.

I found a practice area near my new apartment that has an OK putting area. They have the posts that stick into the ground that you hit vs. having actual holes to putt to, which I don't like 100%. The range there is good so I'll continue to go there, but if I can find a better putting area I will go there. Until then I will continue to work on putting 50% of the time.

One big area of putting that I'm really focusing on is making sure I start my putts on the correct line. I bought a cheap metal ruler from Lowe's that is three ft. long and just over an inch wide. It has a hole at one end used for hanging up if needed. I lay it on the ground and put the ball over the hole to keep it in the middle. I then putt, focusing on making the ball roll off the end of the putter. I figure if I can make the ball roll for three feet on line I can aim correctly an make more putts. It's a great drill I can practice without going outside of the apartment.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1) Just get back out there and start swinging the sticks again... Last summer I broke my hand and pretty much put me out of commision for the rest of the year.

2) Get my oficial GHIN established finally. After a few years of using the Golf Channel's website to get a handicap, I wanted to get one that will be accepted to play in local tourneys.

3)... actually play in some local tourneys

4) practice, practice and more practice

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

My goal in 2008.

Lower handicap to under 10.

Hit more greens (about 40% would be nice).
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10° I-Mix 5w: Callaway X Hybrid: 21º Open CT
4-5: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 6-PW: Alpha C1 Pro
52º, 56º,60º Callaway X-Tour
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4

1.) Get an official handicap (will be done when the next revision date rolls around)

2.) Get involved in some competitive golf (I'm signed up for the GCAT)

3.) Get the handicap down into single digits (this one is going to take more work on my side)

In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

My goal is real simple. honestly, I just want to break 80...

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

My goal is real simple also...to break 100. Don't laugh, I have only golfed 4 times in my life, all last year and I really want to get into it this year. I am ready to purchase my own clubs and start learning the fundamentals, hence one of the reasons why I joined this website.

I really wish I started this years ago but I am a late bloomer.

Edit: Looking at other responses I will add a bit more.

Play More Golf - As mentioned, I only begun in June 07 and never saved my score cards but I know I shot over 100 each time. Suprisingly, my first time playing was my best score which leads to my next goal...

Consistency I know this will come with time and practice but in my first time playing, it was very frustraiting until the 17th hole, par 3. Hit a solid shot off the tee about 10 feet away from the pin. That made it all worthwhile and got me hooked. Sadly, I could never duplicate that shot.

Practice/lessons I am not sure if any courses around here offer lessons, there are about 3-4 courses so I am sure one of them does. I would like to have someone show me the basic grip, stance, swing, etc. The friends that I went out with showed me but they aren't really that much more experienced than me so I would like to get a few tips on somebody who knows what they are doing.

To get progressively better I am going to save my score cards or at least track my play in a spreadsheet. Nothing advanced right now but just enough to give me a snapshot of my current progress and play. I imagine I am going to be ugly in the beginning but hopefully near the end of summer, I will see some progress.

Well to start off I have a carry over goal from 2007, to break 90. On one of the last days of 2007, I shot a 90 at my local track, not a difficult course but still. On the first hole, I lost my ball, in the open and was pretty miffed because it should have been very easy to find in the position it landed, over a slight rise 15 yards short of the green. Anyway, I couldn't find it and took a penalty stroke.

On the sixth hole, I pull one of my playing parters (on the other team as we were playing best ball 2 v 2) ball out of the cup after he made a good put. I notice that the ball is mine. He claims that he has been playing that ball all round and that he got it from me previously. I didn't really call him out on it, cause we were killing them at the time, but when I ended up at 90 at the end of the day with a penalty stroke on the first hole I was pissed.

Back to 2008--

Gain consistency
gain distance
Improve my short game
Find time to play, now that I have two little ones it is going to be tough.
Lower my handicap to under 20.
Take my son to the practice green to play...I just got him the Nike Par Red putter for players under 50" and will give it to him later this month for his birthday (3)

Here's hoping for a good year.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

100 yards and in....

my short game is pathetic

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Reduce my putts per round from 29 to 27
Increase my fairways in regulation from 11 to 13
Increase my GIRs from 9 to 13
Gain 20-30 yards per average drive
Increase my up and down % from under 50 to 55%

Reduce my handicap to 2.

Lotta work!!

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I have a few:

1. Settle my life down some to be able to get back to golf. I will need some help with this from the people that are currectly making me crazy.
2. Play in some bigger tournaments around the state.
3. Get my scoring average to at or below par. My scoring average right now on GHIN is 73.8.
4. Repeat as Club Champion

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My number one goal is to improve consistency with all of my clubs. Mainly my short irons. I scramble pretty well in my opinion, but i feel like I could start scoring in the 70's if I kept my balls in the shortgrass.

I would also like to improve my confidence.

And last but not least, win some tournaments. I just played in my first tournament for 2008, and I won by one shot over a guy from my rival school. I would like to place in the top four in my High School conference(Super Six) as a freshman, and place well in the NC state high school tourney in May.

I would also like to play in some junior tournaments put on by TYGA this summer, to gain some good experience.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

1. Keep the driver in the fairway--last season was a mess due to me hitting the driver crooked.
2. Spend more time on the putting green. I averaged 30.5 putts per round last year, that's about two too many.

Ping Rapture 12* Aldila Stiff
Ping Hybrid 19* Aldila Stiff
Power Bilt "Scotch Blades" Steel Stiff 3-PW
Ping Eye-2 SW
Ping Anser Putter

Get back to 4, and stay on it! Going out to 6 in the space of 4 months kinda sucks...
In My Bag:
Driver: 905R 9.5°, UST ProForce v2 Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2, 15°, UST ProForce V2 Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 735CM, 3-PW, DG S300Gap Wedge: CG12 52Sand Wedge: CG12 56Lob Wedge: Spin-Milled Vokey Oil Can 60.04Putter: 35"/330g Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!