nevets88

The Interesting Setups With a Mat and Net Thread

77 posts / 12089 viewsLast Reply

The house is in play, yo. I watched this video, he's not using rubber balls.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 12.52.49 PM.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Why didn't I think of that? PVC as a frame for a net.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.15.18 PM.png

I tried it.  @iacas is correct and if you hit the frame, it will break.   I speak from experience.   That's why I bought a real good net.   I haven't been able to practice lately though..  😦

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

Because it bends and cracks easily.

Mine is a year old, and it's worked out great.  I did use 2 1/2" pipe, so it's really sturdy.  The only things that have broken is the cable ties that I have used to attach the net to it, but I buy them in bags of 1,000 because I use them to attach the desks to each other in my classroom... which obviously isn't happening any more this school year.

Edited by bwdial

5 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

PVC is better for flushing :poo:

Yeah... flushing shots dead center! 😁

Golf Net.jpeg

On 4/6/2020 at 8:24 PM, dennyjones said:

I tried it.  @iacas is correct and if you hit the frame, it will break.   I speak from experience.   That's why I bought a real good net.   I haven't been able to practice lately though..  😦

You should try galvanized iron pipe. I bet it makes a cool sound when you hit it with a ball 😜

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I kind of hate it when you post screenshots of things instead of embedding them and I click on the play button. Every. Single. Time. :pound::-D

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

I kind of hate it when you post screenshots of things instead of embedding them and I click on the play button. Every. Single. Time. :pound::-D

I tried embedding, it wouldn't embed. Something not working.

I got a typical rukket golf net but the important pieces are the split cement block for my stance and the shed for the backstop. I’ve hit a ball through a net before so I figure a shed that I don't care too much about will suffice. The width of the area is spot on. Any shanks will hit the fence so I'm safe there.  I have the block for a stance a) because of the mat being slightly raised and b) to keep me from taking too wide a stance. It’s split because of it smacking the ground after I dug a little spot for it. F611B9F8-6E3C-45CA-BF15-074F89FC9F34.thumb.jpeg.9fd765e28117ad02dd686584e2101b3b.jpeg

On 4/6/2020 at 8:27 PM, bwdial said:

Mine is a year old, and it's worked out great.  I did use 2 1/2" pipe, so it's really sturdy.

When I read this, all I could think of is Chubbs's hand....made of wood...real sturdy.