IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge March 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3/08. Part II - went to range today. I have never hit the ball so well; thank you, @iacas & @GolfLug! I still have a lot of work to do, but that wall drill has been a miracle worker already :banana:

• Upvote 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8/3 - more slow mirror work on takeaway and getting to top of backswing, trying to fit pieces together. Didn't manage much more than 10 minutes, sadly, but enjoying it - quite therapeutic!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/8: putted for 30min with a level and got a feel for breaks at 10ft with two different slopes. 

Then hit a few balls on range to get a swing for the day.  Was pulling left and pushing right, so a bit panicked to start. Didn't know which would show up. 

On course, shot 86 on par 71- not too bad for me. Typically hitting pulls and draws during round but managed to get around with it. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

@RandallT, nice round! Not a bad score for military golf :content:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 min wall drill and structured swings w/o a club. Did not get to indoor range in São Paulo tonight. Tomorrow without fail! Can't waiy!

22 hours ago, roamin said:

3/7: A little bit of everything today...

• 15 minutes of slow motions swings focusing on hip turn, and hitting a ball every few swings
  • 10 minutes of pitching, focus only on consistent setup and hitting start line
  • 20 minutes of putting, focus on hitting start line

3/8: Ditto without the putting.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

3/8 Practiced SW and 3W at lunch. Then worked on putting and chipping after work. 10 and 30 footers up and down hill 3% slope.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

3/09 - wall drill

-Jonny

3/8 - Worked on my transition for about 10 minutes. Working on getting my elbow to stay connected with my body, and my right shoulder to come down in transition. I think I have a decent feel for it. Hopefully, I'll get to the range and take some video of it this weekend.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

9/3/17 - 5 minutes of putting with the metronome again

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/9: range day. Lotsa slow motion swings and video recording.  Learning that a full shoulder turn and good hand depth in slow motion is hard- but is critical for me to get the club shallowing from the top.

I tend to stop short of full turn and hands don't get as deep when I slow swing down- unless I really focus.  Once I do focus on that, however, the other pieces feel more natural and require less manipulation to achieve it seems 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3/9 -Mirror work and impact bag work at the gym. Focused on turning hips more from A4 to A6 and key 3. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3-9 Hit balls at lunch. Slow swings with 3 wood while hitting off a mat. Balls are going about 100 yards total. Same drill I am doing with the short irons, get open with the hips and torso. It was a little better than yesterday.

Man, this one is going to be tough.

Edited by coachjimsc

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Clubhouse in São Paulo. Did 45 minutes practice on launch monitor. They lent me Mizuno irons and Taylormade woods. Swing was average--straight, but inconsistent. Lost lag with frequency so not much power. Didn't feel like wall drill did much. Got tired quickly

had a ton of fun tho!!!! Place was great and got my golf fix!! Highly recommended. Practice plus played 18 holes on St Andrews (the old course, of course), plus two beers for a total of 70 bucks!

3/10 - kettle bell swings for balanced weight shift with focus on centered hip turn; more wall drills.

-Jonny

3/10 - working turn with weighted bar to work on balanced centered turnIMG_4224.thumb.JPG.cc86992d878596cc066c9ab878d429e7.JPGIMG_4223.thumb.JPG.9274f9a754ee2ec6cc9103c41948be06.JPG

-Jonny

10/03/17 - 5 minutes practising takeaway at work. Realised that I've been getting too 'inside' when the shaft is horizontal, so lined up with a table on the line of my feet extending away from me and tried to avoid hitting it. Really useful, but the natural tendency was then to lean more into my toes, so have to work hard to avoid that now!

Note: This thread is 2583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!