IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge April 2017

Note: This thread is 2566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

April 23rd:- Further 20 mins of full swing practice. Again working on the backswing, making slow centered hip turns, checking the position, then swinging through.

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4/24: Got some video done at range for submission to instructor- will post to my swing thread later hopefully. Focus was to review latest two lessons and try to incorporate much of that into it. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

April 24 -  went to practice green and practiced chipping and putting.  Then I played one ball around the green. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

24/4/17 - slow motion swings at work, still grinding that takeaway feel of left arm not fanning at speed.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/24/17:

Played 27 holes today... Shot 42-45-42... Trash... Can't hit the ball. Walking 27 holes, I am tired... 6 more days in April...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

April 24th:- 15 mins full swing, outdoors, with a ball (for once). The most critical part of the swing for me remains the initial movement from address to A2. Was working on this today, making SLOW swings, keeping the lower body as quiet as possible. When I got it right, ball contact improved noticably. 

40 min sklz, 7i and driver swings. Stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings.

for some reason, no matter how slow I went, driver swings would not adhere to form. Tore it down to the ground basics of swing and believe it had to do with not lag in the turn, instead turning and lifting on swing thru. Very frustrating

chipping: only 2/11 on first go thru. That said, managed to clean up pretty quickly, except shanking crept into the practice and I couldn't get it out!

more practice required

4/24: Took the night off from any real "practice", and reviewed gamegolf stats. Only have 5 rounds in so far, and I had to spend some time remembering putts and a shots I forgot to tag.

Funny note: At the start of my latest round, I wrote a "T" on the top of my right thumb to remind me to tag shots, and an "80" on top of my left thumb (on my glove) to remind me to swing at 80%. Four shots later I realized I never look at my hands before a shot. :doh: 

Edited by roamin

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

4/24:  10 mins. wall drills w/club; foci:  stops at A2 to check for parallel, maintaining axis tilt throughout, maintaining hinge & pulling butt of shaft through plane to impact.
Took it easy as I seemed to have sprained my right foot a little in yesterday's work (or 9)...pretty painful when torqued--hoping it heals up for play on Wednesday

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

4/25/17:

Putted inside for about 10 minutes this morning. Focusing on speed.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

4/25: Rainy day. Worked on centered pivot and transition. Get the club to the right spot as I turn back, allow hips to bump forward and turn-  feeling the club drop as transition happens. 10 minutes.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

April 25 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on body turning from the top.

Scott

My Swing Thread

25/4/17 - Worked on takeaway for a bit and spent 5mins rolling putts on the mat from 8 feet. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

25th April:- Further full swing practice, outdoors. After reviewing my swing thread I noticed that one of my bad habits (standing too close to the ball) had re-appeared. Adjusted the stance so that my arms hung straight down. This helped to flatten out the backswing from A2 to A4.

5 min Sklz swing trainer. Best I could do.

tomorrow is travel day to visit family until Saturday. Looks like I am going to hold up in the bathroom to get my practice sessions in...

4/25: 5 minutes of wall drill and a few minutes doing one-handed swings -- no ball, just smooth swings, feeling weight transfer, turn, and in-to-out path.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

4/25:  Light sprain still evident, so kept it light again; 5 mins. in front of mirror, no club, making full turn back, inspecting posture at address, then axis tilt through turn back, and turn through to finish

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

April 26 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on getting the body to turn from the top, arms to swing out more. Light swings. I also used the Impact Snap training aid.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!