IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge April 2017

Note: This thread is 2566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4/26/17:

Hit some 7i shots, mostly focusing on good contact, and in-line impact. Hopefully... I can straighten out the mess of an iron game I had on Monday before I play again.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 minutes ago, Mico said:

5 min wall drill while making breakfast, pretty half-ass.

:-D  Love an honest man.

4/26:  Thought I'd play today, but decided against...resting the sprain another 2 days (next play opportunity is Friday); so...
5 mins. putting; focus on same stroke keys from last weekend (tempo from tempo thread) and down line feel instead of blocked (across) feel.
5 mins. simulated swings in front of mirror, focusing on axis tilt again, and turns, not upward sways.

• Upvote 1

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

4/26: reviewed lesson from instructor. Continued backswing pieces, but primarily right elbow tonight.  Also spent 5min on stronger grip. Really trying to grasp why my tendency is to get weaker over time. That darn V in left hand feels aligned to right shoulder but apparently isn't!! Gotta get this down 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

4/26: Played 18 this afternoon and shot 92. I had a pretty good round but had to go and mix a quad and a triple in there to mess things up. Short game really let me down today on a few holes. :mellow:

Edited by roamin

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

April 26th:- Travelling today. Got 10 mins of full swing mirror practice in the hotel room.

Chris.:roll:

8 hours ago, Mico said:

5 min wall drill while making breakfast, pretty half-ass.

I do it during long conference calls at my desk! 

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4/27/16:

Working on rebuilding my confidence. Today I started with just 1/4 and 1/2 swings with my 9i, 7i, and 5i. My foci were: Make good contact, Get my weight forward, in-line impact, and keeping my balance. The goal is to be able to do all of that with a full swing eventually, but not really ever have to with an iron.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

April 27 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on transition.

Scott

My Swing Thread

26 and 27/4/17 - Forgot to post yesterday after a long day. Yesterday my Edel wedges and new hybrid arrived, so I did a short range session with those, just getting the feel. Massively different and managed to shank both wedges (fortunately no idiot marks!). 

This evening, I've just done some more putting on the mat to keep that in the groove - playing a round at the weekend in what looks like really windy conditions, so I'm hoping that changes!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/27: hit bucket at range to get a swing for the round.  Felt like shots were decent for 90% of them.  And I felt the swing was using the elements I've been working on in this thread  

Played a round but did not have same success, so the range swing isn't ingrained enough yet perhaps.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

4/27:  Began ramping things back up today...
5 mins. wall drill (this afternoon in my office, shhhhh....); no club, focus on centered pivot and not coming out of tilt through impact
15 mins. position work w/Momentus (back at home); focus on proper takeaway to A2 and stop, then some slow swings back to top and proper transition w/centered pivot, then weight shift through impact
10 mins. pitches in the yard w/wedge and balls (~20); focus on relaxed hands, weight forward and body pulling club through
10 mins. (4 sets of 20) continuous full swing conditioning drills w/OW; focus on centered pivot, body pulling club through w/lag and full turn through to face target

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

So i was first up in my sister-in-law's house so I did my half-ass 5 minute wall drill while I made coffee for everybody. So I'm thinking you guys are gonna give me some grief--1 day ok, two days in a row is just lazy. Then in the afternoon, I agree to help my bro-in-law dig a ditch in the yard and he hands me a "chuzo," which is a heavy long metal rod used to loosen the dirt (photo below). Well after we finished digging, I put it across my shoulders and practiced making turns. It was perfect and I did it for an honest 10 minutes.

Chuzo

4/27: Just 10 minutes of wall drill while I watched the Matthew McConaughey Feherty episode.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

April 27th:- Played 9 holes, focusing on the backswing drills I've been working on this month. There were enough good shots to be encouraging about the progress.

Chris.:roll:

4/28/17:

After hitting 6 or 7 very solid feeling three-quarter feeling 7-irons in a row, I may never hit a full iron shot with 7-iron down through the wedges again. Longer clubs I hit solid, with a three-quartery swing, but I feel I need more speed build-up to hit them where I want to. I will continue to work on it.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

April 28 - Mirror work at the gym. I hope to start playing on Sunday. I will test it out with a 9 hole round.

Scott

My Swing Thread

28/4/17 - 5 minutes of really slow motion takeaway work in front of the mirror, focusing on keeping the club head from getting inside my hands in the takeaway 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 2566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!