IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge April 2017

Note: This thread is 2566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4/28: neck is hurting when I turn it to the left. Hurts in my right shoulder. Hmmm. Just worked on grip to get it consistently stronger per my instructor recommendation.  I felt like it was strong already!!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4/28:  Got my playing day hijacked by the wife, so kept it to simple drills after a late dinner...
5 mins. some typical golf stretches to keep things limber since I haven't been doing much along the line of play or extended periods of full swings
5 mins. wall drill, no club, focusing on the centered pivot concept and working to keep my head from swaying
10 mins. w/Momentus, swinging slowly back into A2 and checking, then pauses at each position for checks, then exaggerating (or was it just proper?) weight shift through

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

April 28th:- Full swing practice, 20 mins, outdoors. Got my youngest daughter to video DTL. Other than the hilarity of her deliberately videoing me upside down, was actually pleased with the progress. A2 is starting to look somewhat competent.

Chris.:roll:

4/29/17:

Watched some Lee Trevino videos on wedge play. There were a couple drills I took to heart. So I did them for five minutes each this morning. First, I rehearsed my backswing to belt high. It basically is a drill to keep you from taking the club back too steep, if you take your right hand off of the club at belt high and can reach out without changing anything else and can touch your clubhead, you are too steep. I worked on that. Then I worked on my full wedge backswing focusing on keeping my middle, ring, and little fingers on my left hand firm.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

April 29 - worked on the flop shot challenge and pitching from deep rough. I guess the lawn needs to be mowed. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

April 29th:- Very wet here today. Had 10 mins of full swing practice in the workshop. Worked on maintaining the A2 picture from yesterday, while making several slow full swings.

Chris.:roll:

4/29:  Finally got to the course, today!
10 mins. conditioning work with OW, full swings, focus on full turn back and centered pivot
10 mins. pitching work in yard; focus on relaxed hands and weight forward, pull through w/body
Walked 9; tried to get practice thoughts out of my head and just play, though I did focus on soft hands and downward strike w/irons a little more than normal
Didn't come away with any birdies (missed my two good opportunities (~10'), but hit some real gooders today; seem to be hitting more good shots per round

29/4/17 - Short range session working on the feel of a more stable lower body by not allowing the right knee to fall back as much in the backswing. Worked on that with some 50% swings through to 100%.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/30/17:

Chipping practice in the back yard with the focus of taking the club back outside the line...

As there are 30 days in April, I have completed the April Practice Challenge.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

30/4/17 - Played a round in very windy (21mph) conditions. Was -2 through 2 before a stupid swing on the 6th tee threw me off a little. The back nine was brutal and I wasn't driving it particularly well, so I'm pretty pleased with +11, even if I'd have hoped for better after the front nine. 

Back home and working on 5 minute stop and start drills for Preston.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1546088

Challenge completed for April!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/30: Neck still hurting from my last round- but nearing the point where Advil can knock it down to barely noticeable. Gonna rest it another couple days to make sure I can play at the TST gathering here. Worked on grip for 5 mins, as the most recent feedback from my instructor indicates I'm getting that weaker again as I go along. Not sure why I can't aim that V on my left hand toward my right shoulder correctly- feels like I am doing it right, but is seems my eye is off or something. Parallax error??

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Hit a bucket before and after I played today

During the first practice session, I was a bit scattered and started to tire. Probably should have stopped short of full bucket

second bucket was much more focused. All 7 iron and worked to come from inside and not fall out of the shot. I am slashing the ball, my divots looked straight out of a horror movie.

perhaps it was my focused practice or the divots, but felt like people in practice range were giving me a lot of room. red-rum red-rum...here's johnny

i did NOT complete the practice challenge. Missed two days because of travel...

Edited by Mico
Symbols did not show

April 30 -Shoulder turn work and putting. 

this completes my daily practice  challenge for April. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4/30: 15 minutes of pitching practice in the front yard. Nothing special, just hitting to different targets and enjoying the weather.

April Challenge Complete

• Upvote 1

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

4/30:  Lots of short game practice today
10 mins. conditioning w/OW; 4 sets 20 full swings
45 mins. in my shop (firm, low pile carpet with little margin for error) working on chipping contact; recorded slo-mo video, saw that I was flipping just a little into impact, so worked on maintaining wrist angle and forward lean through chip
60 mins. pitching work in yard w/wedge, various distances 20y-45y (had flag); focus on trailing clubhead into impact and downward strike; played dispersion zone games where I'd hit 16, then take my worst 4 and have goal of getting all 4 inside other outer ones, continued in rounds

April Challenge Complete

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!