IGNORED

How to Improve Health With the Help of Exercise

Mikecoulson
Note: This thread is 2025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lots of walking. I have been walking 5k (that's about 3 miles to you Americans) pretty much every day that I'm at home. When on the road I'll hit the hotel gym and do 15-20 minutes on the bike and another 15-20 on the treadmill at a slight incline. Mix in some easy free weights and I'm good. Been doing that for about 3 months  

I look and feel better than I have in years. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, Yukari said:

Cut out all that processed food, especially simple carbohydrates.  That alone should improve your health significantly.

That is what you said. I read what you wrote and interpreted it as the words you wrote. I stated that there are other ways to improve your health and lose weight that dont involve cutting out all processed food. I dont think cutting out all processed food and simple carbohydrates is a realistic or sustainable approach for most people.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Read the first part.  You can't take parts of it and take it out of context.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Hi guys I am new to this forum, but have been in fitness for many many years. Health is my passion and I look forward to learning from others on this forum about what works for them. I work with golf teams and individuals and have found everyone is a little different. The main ingredient to health is having passion for what you do. As I tell my classes a little bit of commitment over a long period of time will reap more benefits that a big commitment over a short period of time. I could talk a lot about Golf shape and full body strength without weights, but I will save that for some other post. Thanks and may the golf Gods smile down on you

Being healthy, and weight loss, are not always one in the same.  Eating too many processed foods, is not good for ones overall health.  Overly processed foods (most of which have way too much sugar... or food crack) are also a reason why over 70% of us are overweight.  So when it comes to health and weight loss, there is a strong correlation when it comes to the impact of overly processed foods.

But what do I know, I'm not ACSM certified, anymore.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:03 PM, Denny Bang Bang said:

Being healthy, and weight loss, are not always one in the same.  Eating too many processed foods, is not good for ones overall health.  Overly processed foods (most of which have way too much sugar... or food crack) are also a reason why over 70% of us are overweight.  So when it comes to health and weight loss, there is a strong correlation when it comes to the impact of overly processed foods.

But what do I know, I'm not ACSM certified, anymore.

Right on -- did you ever notice that on all nutritional labels in the U.S. that the only ingredient that doesn't have a % daily recommended value is.... sugar.

Does this mean that sugar doesn't affect your health and it doesn't matter how much you consume?

Absolutely not -- just means that the sugar industry lobbyists have lots of money to throw around to keep that percentage off of nutritional labels.

I believe that I read somewhere that the WHO at one time was recommending consuming only 10g of sugar per day and the American Heart Association recommends consuming 36g/25g M/F per day -- next time you go to the grocery store, turn over the box of your favorite processed snack and do the math :~(

Hidden-Sugar-Bombs-Infographic.png

• Upvote 1

Chris - Single Length Irons Guy

No Driver (yep)
Pinhawk Single Length Fairway Woods ( 3, 5, 7 )
Pinhawk SL Single Length Irons ( 4 thru PW ) 
Pinhawk SL Single Length Wedges ( A, S, L )
Happy Putter

9 hours ago, Single Length Irons Guy said:

Right on -- did you ever notice that on all nutritional labels in the U.S. that the only ingredient that doesn't have a % daily recommended value is.... sugar.

Absolutely not -- just means that the sugar industry lobbyists have lots of money to throw around to keep that percentage off of nutritional labels.

I believe that I read somewhere that the WHO at one time was recommending consuming only 10g of sugar per day and the American Heart Association recommends consuming 36g/25g M/F per day -- ...

Yea, I think it was in the 70s or 80s.  The WHO and some senator were trying to publish some health recommendations, one that suggested limiting sugar intake to 10% of daily calories.  The food industry threw out a ton of money to have several of the recommendations deleted (including the sugar intake).

And it's mind boggling just how many foods have High Fructose Corn syrup in them! They have that crap stuffed in absolutely everything! So much so that some products are trying to set themselves apart by NOT using it.

• 3 weeks later...

My suggestion is through education and listening to your body. I am 67 years young and what I do now is much different than what I did at 30. I did weights back then and now I do Power Yoga. I believe fitness is a real personal thing where one size does not fit all. Your must enjoy what you do and approach it with passion and commitment. Diet is something I could write about for pages. Never in our history is diet more important. 40% of all adults in America are on some type of medication. We need to educate ourselves on food labels, ween ourselves off of processed foods, and learn more about natural herbs and other healthy supplements. We need to use food more as fuel, than as entertainment .

On 5/4/2017 at 5:51 AM, klineka said:

That is what you said. I read what you wrote and interpreted it as the words you wrote. I stated that there are other ways to improve your health and lose weight that dont involve cutting out all processed food. I dont think cutting out all processed food and simple carbohydrates is a realistic or sustainable approach for most people.

It is not sustainable because we do not want to give up our addictions and that is what we are talking bout here. years ago I used to brag that I would swim miles and still smoke cigarettes, but I finally kicked the habit Let Food be thy medicine

• 1 year later...

Exercise is very helpful to improve the health. It can help to prevent excess weight gain or maintain to weight loss. If you do regular exercise then it helps to prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome and depression, a number of types of cancer, arthritis and falls. Also when you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. 

Edited by alessiahayden66

13 hours ago, adampaul said:

Below are some exercises that can help to get in shape and reduce the risk of disease:

• Swimming
  • Kegel exercises
  • Yoga
  • Walking
  • Tai Chi

I do them all 

• 3 weeks later...
  • iacas changed the title to How to Improve Health With the Help of Exercise
  • 4 weeks later...

I do exercise on daily basis and getting good positive results. Whatever you do if you don't do exercise or workout then its your fault for your health issues. 

to make your life healthy, you have to do exercise regularly. Join any sports club to burn your calories with fun. 

Note: This thread is 2025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!