IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5-21

Chipping in the yard. Just general stuff, nothing targeted in particular today

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5/21: Played 18 this afternoon, shot an 86. Nine pars, five bogeys, and four doubles. Driver, irons, and putting were great, but a couple flubbed chips, two bad sand shots, and bam...four doubles. :-(

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/21:  15 mins. (over 2 sessions) of light stretching conditioning work with the Orange Whip; focus on stretching out back, but also full turn to target
45 mins. pitching in yard, moving around to different locations, 16 balls per location, between 20-45 yards; focus on tempo, and pressure to left, hips, then thump down through
5 mins. light full swings w/iron, no ball; focus on pressure to left, hips, then thump down and through; kept the swings gentle to minimize stress to back

Turns out I coulda played today, as the big rain event from the cold front never materialized.  But the daughter talked me into taking her to the pool at the club instead.  Maybe Tuesday.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

May 21st:- 10 mins full swing practice, outdoors, no ball. Carrying on from yesterday, working on fully completing the backswing, then a pause before sliding the hips to initiate the through swing.

Chris.:roll:

May 22 - Mirror work at the gym. May hit the range later if it stops raining.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/22/17:

Some work on wedges with less lower body movement. I'm feeling as if I'm "cheating" my weight to the left side and not shifting as much to the right in my backswing. It works.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5-22

Played the back 9 at our home course to get some playing time in and get away from the range drills. Played pretty bad. Descent shots here and there enough to score half way descent. Back to the drills I go..

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5/22:  Soaking wet day here today, but still got some light work in....

5 mins. chipping indoors w/ball (into recliner ;-) ); focus on keeping my left shoulder from rising up through impact (which moves my impact point back slightly behind ball).  I find that pre-setting my shoulders and hips open at setup helps accomplish this goal.

15 mins. pitching in yard (in light rain); shorter pitches today--probably more like very long chips--around 15-20yds. max; focus on same concept from above

10 mins. putting work in house w/ball while I watch the Preds-Ducks game; focus on feel of stroke being less from the side and blocked-feeling, and more vertical and through to target (very hard for me to put that feeling into words, but I know it when I feel it...almost feels more "open", even though I'm square.  My back hand pushes through from the slot and down the line when I'm doing it well.)

Edited by BamaWade

30 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (2x set to improve lag) and full swings

game on to get rid of my slice again and start swinging from inside w/lag

my new coach is really driving me hard too--meet Batuco

IMG_4940.thumb.JPG.2ba869e8fea100fedcef6e1e2f4ef4c6.JPG

• Upvote 1

5/22: Bad weather, putting inside this evening. Just working on setup and starting the ball on line.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

May 22nd:- 10 mins mirror work, focused on a centered hip turn, and sliding the hips to initiate the through swing.

May 23 - shoulder turn stretches at my desk to loosen up. I'm playing 18 today.

Scott

My Swing Thread

5/23/17:

Again worked on restricting lower body movement with full wedges. The new movement I'm working on is delaying my wrist hinge as long as I can in my backswing.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

30 min More or less. Chipping practice with Batuco. He won't let me hit a ball unless my posture exactly right, which generally means focusing on him and not the ball. I tried tucking him under my arm like a golf glove to help improve the connection between arm and body, but it proved to be a challenge b/c he insisted on attacking my arm position. I think he wanted less extension but then he would bite me for bringing it too close to my body. He is worse than Hank Haney!

5/23: 5-10 minutes in the front yard, slow motion backswings with my PW, focus on hip turn/not sliding back, and then hit a few shots before dinner.

Jake

5/23:  10 mins. full swing drills w/OW, alternated w/Momentus for a couple of sets; focus on smooth transition and tempo through the swing
15 mins. chipping work in shop w/ball & wedge; focus on muting my wrist action and making crisp, consistent contact--finished drill by not stopping until I hit 10 consecutive chips with perfect contact...had resets after 6, then 5, then 6 (all 3 misses slightly behind-ball contact)...then I got my 10 straight.  27/30 is 90%, and a large improvement over the couple of weeks I've been doing this, but I want to get it higher.

23rd May:- 10 mins full swing practice. Working on the complete swing, seeing if I could tie in all the back swing work I've been doing with the transition "pause". Encouraging results.

May 24 - Mirror work at the gym. Left knee is really sore for some unknown reason. It was fine playing 18 yesterday.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!