IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5/24/17:

Worked with my smoother tempo swing today... 75%-80% is better than swing out your shoes... Your mishits are manageable.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5-24

Worked on some feels with the hips and torso during lunch at work. Pretty much the same as yesterday....about 10-15 minutes. It was no major work, but I have got to get the feel down.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

25 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (3x) and full swings 

eradicate the slice is the spice of the week, with pump drill. As I got tired, felt tomahawkung start. Maybe this is what happens on course

15 min chipping

4/11 and took two tries to get to 5/11 before could finish the rest. As swing would improve, mental portion would lead to duffs or shanks 

5/24: Wednesdays have been busy lately, but managed to get a little putting practice in (using the rug in the hallway). Focus on start line and centered strike.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/24:  Another rainy day (and my yard is soaked), so kept it light, and indoors.  Looks good to play tomorrow, finally, though.
5 mins. wall drill indoors, no club; focus on keeping backside into wall through impact
A couple of mins. in front of mirror; focused on checkups for setup position, then at each position through impact

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

24th May:- 10 mins full swing practice. Still focusing on completing the backswing by "pausing" at A4, before initiating the through swing with the hips "sliding" toward the target.

Chris.:roll:

5/25/17:

Mother nature didn't cooperate this morning. So I couldn't practice outside... Damn. So I worked on the 75-80% effort swing, stopping at each position in the backswing..  It works better I've found with hitting balls with a slightly more than three-quarter backswing, though it does work to parallel with longer clubs. It's different to me, still getting used to the feeling... But I believe it will be better for my game in the future.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

May 25 - Shoulder turn work during conference calls. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5-25

Random pitches in the yard. Couldn't make it to the range for drills.

Bryan A

25 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (3X) and full swings

set fight the slice week to mambo on headphones. Helped a lot with focus on form and keeping energy up

20 min chipping

increased distance and much better practice session

2/11 on first go, so restarted and 4/11. Followed with 6/11 and finished off remainder

5/25:  Life continues pounding me with obstacles from getting out to play.  Now at 17 days since I was last able to get on the course; I usually get out 3-5 times a week.  Today?  Exchange365 hybridization project went wrong.  Had planned on leaving ~4pm to hit the course; left work ~8pm, and majorly stressed. :-(

Did go out in the yard and work out the stress with some practice:  15 mins. intense conditioning drills (to exhaustion) with OW; 5 sets of 20 at high intensity w/a little recovery time between each.  Of course I focused on keeping correct form, but main purpose was strength & conditioning.

Now in the house putting into my trusty electric tray thingy.  Taking the occasional break to watch this hockey game (hey...Sens just scored to tie it 2-2 as I type...good game).  Putting focus on maintaining the good momentum and feel from what had been working pretty well recently...feeling over top of ball and putting down line instead of feeling like I'm setup closed and hitting form the side.

Whoa...what a sequence...nice saves by Anderson.  Okay, OT.  I digress.  Goodnight.

5/25: 45 minutes at the range after work. 5 minutes of slow-motion "warm-up" swings after stretching for a bit. Then hit 4-8 shots with PW, 8i, 6i, 4i, and 3W, aiming at different targets on the range. Focus was just smooth tempo and no sway on the backswing.

After that I hit 5 more shots with my 6-iron using an impact sticker to see how ball striking is coming along (spoiler: not too shabby). Then I hit 3 shots with my 9-iron at a flag that's about 122yds away from the stall I was in...I dropped all three, perfectly, just a few yards beyond the flag and decided to stop there and call it a day. ;-)

Spoiler

6-iron-impact-2017-05-25.jpg.fb7420a2727028eca073ccbda989f5cf.jpg

Edited by roamin

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

May 25th:- 5 mins full swing practice, aiming to feel that slight pause at A4 before moving the hips toward the target.

Chris.:roll:

5/26/17:

Mother nature didn't cooperate this morning. So I couldn't practice outside... Damn. So I worked on the 75-80% effort swing, stopping at each position in the backswing..  It works better I've found with hitting balls with a slightly more than three-quarter backswing, though it does work to parallel with longer clubs. It's different to me, still getting used to the feeling... 

Alina and I putted for a little bit today as well... I focused on solid contact and keeping the putts straight.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

May 26 - Shoulder turn work. Rainy day. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5-26

Mirror work. Hopefully getting to the range tomorrow to see if this mirror and slow mo work is getting me anywhere

Bryan A

30 min sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (3x) and full swings

fight the slice week continues. One more day and we play on Sunday

20 min chipping

5/11 and then 7/11. Took a while to finish because someone decided to help. Some people have shag bags and others have shaggy dog stories. I have a shag dogIMG_4952.thumb.JPG.76d2cf68d1535e30cc290a36ee210499.JPG

• Upvote 1

5/26:  Finally made it out to the club today.  Take that, life.

25 mins. range session, working middle irons; focus on not rushing/flipping, and thumping into the ball.  Got a compliment on my swing/flight from an older guy.  Not sure if he was serious, or making fun. :-P

10 mins. putting session; worked 5 footers for most of it, focusing on stroke, and working to get rid of the little push that's cropped up; then worked lags...good session.

Walked 18 holes.  Just tried to incorporate focus from recent sessions into everything without overthinking it.  No birdies, unfortunately.  Had a chip-in that somehow hit the pin - not moving quickly at all - and still bounced out.  Baffled me.  Had a ~30 footer on 18 for birdie that I was just trying to lag over a ridge for an easy par.  Kept trickling right at it, then slid right and curled around the edge to 2" behind the cup.  Cruel.  Still - great to get back out there.

Note: This thread is 2480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!