IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5/26: I started to practice this evening but after about 10 minutes, I started getting sloppy and realized I wasn't in the mood to slow down and practice properly, so I stopped. :mellow: 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

May 26th:- Played 18 today. 45 out, 46 in = 91. Light rain started falling through the back nine. Enjoyable day.

Chris.:roll:

5/27/17:

Continued to work on my 75% effort swing. I'm trying to feel relaxed as I swing the club, it's definitely working. The bottom point of my swing is right where it's supposed to be. I haven't hit the ball this solidly and on line in a long time.

For my short game work, again focusing on keeping it relaxed and simple. Not "jabbing" at the ball. Just a nice fluid motion..  Putting very similar. Keeping the motion relaxed and fluid.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5-27

No range time today like I had planned. I did some hip stretching and mirror work. The weather looks like I'll be doing the same tomorrow. 

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5/27:  Short game work in the yard.
15 mins. pitching...~35 yards; focus on keeping lead shoulder down to strike down through ball
5 mins. wall drill tonight; super-slo-mo; worked on pivot around axis and keeping lead shoulder driving down and through as long as possible (to promote downward strike through impact).

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

5/27: Played two rounds today, shot 89 (48/41) and 90 (46/44). Felt 'out of sorts' and inconsistent all day. I had a real bad blow-up hole early in the first round which was hard to shake mentally, but I still managed spurts of decent golf and had 8 and 7 pars, respectively.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

May 27th:- 10 mins full swing practice (Driver). Moved the tee further forward in the stance, and concentrated on sliding the hips to initiate the through swing.  

5/28/17:

Continued work on my smooth tempo swing. I think that this is going to help me with my GIR and nGIR problem. But we'll see once I go play on Tuesday.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5-28

Bare minimum today. Slow mo swings in the living room. 

Bryan A

5/28: 20 minutes out front with my sand wedge. Hit about 15 shots total, with slow motion swings in between each shot. Focus was on good hip turn and easy swing.

Jake

Bucket of balls at range before play. Felt swing was coming from inside with lag--a lot of effort, tho. Was tired when I finished the warm up session

5/28:  Lotta golf and other activities today...wore myself out.

15 mins. pitching in yard, misc. distances; focus on inline impact, lagging down into a drive down through the ball
10 mins. conditioning and warmup drills w/OW; focus on swinging down through line to finish facing target
10 mins. hitting foam balls in yard; focus on starting grip w/right hand, then left onto club (saw all pros doing this on Champions Tour today) - helped me
25 mins. range session at club, worked middle irons; focus on same as foam ball session, but lagging into a thump down through ball
Walked 24 holes today (quit close to sunset); focused on pretty much just playing, but definitely incorporating work from past week
Most obvious improvement is in short game; wedges all the way down into chipping and putting.  Consistency in strikes all round, felt nice.

Also, conditioning via multiple walks w/daughter tonight (before and after dinner).  All in all, FitBit says 31757 steps walked today, 50 floors climbed, 14.6+ miles walked, somewhere north of 5,000 calories burned (FitBit has no idea of calorie burn during golf, carrying bag, etc.).  Whew...about to crash hard!

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

May 28th:- 5 mins full swing practice, Driver, outside. 5 mins half- 3/4 swing practice with Wedge, outside. Tried to keep both clubs at the same tempo, while focusing on Key#1 - steady head.

May 29 - Shoulder turn work today in a rainy day. Left knee is real sore after playing 9 yesterday with my wife. Feels like where my meniscus tear is back. :pound:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/29/17:

Continued work with my 75% swing today.... I'm interested in seeing how this works out on the course after work tomorrow.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

40 min

sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (3x) and full swings

week 2 of eradicate the slice practice. Repeat a set when I whiff. My takeaway when I get tired begins to feel like Jim Furyk. That can't be good..,repititions hopefully are building strength so that I don't crap out on course

chpping

First round was a dud. One hopped a few balls into the bucket so repeated round 1. Hit 7/11 and tried to match it. Complete disaster. Had to settle for getting all the balls back in the bucket and even then I almost gave up. 

5-29

Slow mo swings in the living room. i didn't have much time today

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!