IGNORED

Bushnell customer service

todgot
Note: This thread is 2539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wanted to pass along my recent experience with Bushnell customer service.  I have a Tour V2 which is about 5 to 7 years old over the winter I lost the battery cover which turns it into an expensive paper weight.  I was mopping and looking at dropping 4 to $500 on a new rangefinder when I decided to email the company to see if I could get a replacement.  Within the day I had a reply and a number to call to order the part.  $11 and 8 days later I had a new battery cover and a functional range finder again.  I thought that was great customer service for a product I purchased 7 years ago and wanted to pass the experience along.  I also found out I could trade in my old range finder for a new one and they'd give me $60... but I decided to keep it. 

• Upvote 1

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to know as I also have an old Tour V2. I love it and would buy another one again. 

Keep it up Bushnell!

I use a Bushnell neo x. The usb cable failed. One call, no cost, cable got to me in three or 4 days. Great service. Have to shout out to Garmin-they did the same thing on a S1 that failed. Got a new one through their repair sub contractor no questions asked.

It's a sad commentary on customer service these days, when being able to call a company, order a replacement part that can't cost $1 to make, pay $11 for it, wait 8 days to get it, and people not only find it acceptable, but laudable!

Just sayin'...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

(edited)
1 hour ago, David in FL said:

It's a sad commentary on customer service these days, when being able to call a company, order a replacement part that can't cost $1 to make, pay $11 for it, wait 8 days to get it, and people not only find it acceptable, but laudable!

Just sayin'...

Could have been worse. They could have told him it was discontinued and he would have to drop the 400 on a new one.

But I do see what you're saying. Getting it for free would have been a better representation of great customer service.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

Just sayin'...

First, I would say the value of something has little to do with how much it costs to manufacture and everything to do with how much someone is willing to pay for it.  Otherwise a six pack of Coors light would not cost $20 on a golf course.  If the rangefinder had malfunctioned or it was some design problem which resulted in me losing the battery cover I would not be as happy with paying for a replacement.  But I lost the cover due to my own carelessness and was happy they had a replacement available for a product I purchased 7 years ago.  I emailed them and that would have been the end of it but they can't take credit card information over email... so I had to speak to an actual person.  The bottom line for customer service is to end up with a happy customer... and I was completely satisfied and happy with the outcome.  They #1 answered my email in less than 24 hours... actually emailed them at 11 PM and the next morning I had a reply when I woke up,  and #2 solved my problem, and #3 did exactly what they said they would do at a fair price.  I was so happy with the outcome I thought I would share my experience on a golf site I visit often but rarely comment on because I thought it might help someone else out there with a similar problem.  When I'm in the market for another range finger I will likely buy another Bushnell due to my positive experience with their company. 

Also, to understand my satisfaction you also have to understand my personality.  It was driving me nuts not knowing where that cover was.  I searched my car multiple times (I'm sure it's in there somewhere and when I eventually find it will have a spare).  I searched my golf bag multiple times.  I searched my office multiple times.  I opened and closed the same drawers and cabinets multiple times.  rinse, repeat, rinse repeat.  So to have a solution and not have to search anymore is a relief in itself.... Although I still wonder where it went.  (maybe if I remove the seats of my car?).

1 hour ago, todgot said:

Although I still wonder where it went.

Have you checked the inner lining of your golf bag's pockets to make sure seams haven't come apart (sending small items into the secret innards of your golf bag)?  I had that happen this Spring--noticed the lip balm I always have in my smaller zipper pocket was gone, then my lens cloth (for glasses)...weird.  But then, I went to get my phone out of that zipper post-round, and it was gone!  That zipper is my #1 and only spot for the phone.  Upon impassioned inspection, I found the seams at the bottom had pulled apart slightly for a few inches--just enough for a phone to slide through.  Unfortunately, it was barely large enough for a hand and wrist to fit through...one way!! :doh:

I forced my hand through the opening and found a small treasure trove of little missing items (green repair tool, lip balm, eye drops, lens cloth(s), and of course, my phone).  And then for the next 3-4 minutes I got to look like a dumb-ss, straining and tugging, and completely unable to pull my wrist back through the opening to retrieve any of it.  :8)

So...check that in your bag, if applicable, just don't go plunging body parts into any opening you find without a little forethought!

Wade

Edited by BamaWade
grammar
  • Upvote 1

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

I think OP is what I would call a necessary amount (not above and beyond and is rare) of competent customer service.

You lost a part, they gave you a part number and you bought a replacement. Fairly routine service replacement practice. And yes, $11 is a huge mark up which is fine but they are not exactly doing you a favor. They are making additional money from the original sale. Aftermarket service is a good market for them as the price is much more profit 'heavy' than the OE part.

Yes, I will agree that in comparison to some retailers it makes them look good when they respond within 24 hours. Certainly a good thing both for their own sake for knowing what butters their bread and taking care of it and of course, for leaving a good taste in the customer's mouth building loyalty.   

Vishal S.

39 minutes ago, BamaWade said:

Have you checked the inner lining of your golf bag's pockets to make sure seams haven't come apart (sending small items into the secret innards of your golf bag)? 

I did find a very small hole on the bottom of one of the pockets... I doubt its down there but now I will have to look. 

My point remains.  We set the bar awfully low for what we consider to be outstanding customer service these days.

I guess we get what we expect though.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

28 minutes ago, David in FL said:

My point remains.  We set the bar awfully low for what we consider to be outstanding customer service these days.

I guess we get what we expect though.

Solid companies that used to go the extra mile to do it right are very few..The cost of top costumer service is almost cost prohibited for companies nowdays. Service is now mostly automated..that is technology and with that, we all become desensitized.

Oh someone on the other end of the phone line picked up the phone?...woooow....I was expecting to send an e-mail..

With that said...any effort from a company to service existing buyers is worth noting. 

Note: This thread is 2539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!