IGNORED

I wonder how professional putters would do on real greens?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Interesting seeing all the different setups and styles. Since green reading is part of putting, wonder how these guys would do say at Augusta?

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I don't think they'd do phenomenally. They primarily chart out every angle, and only have to really play from the same place to the same hole locations (obviously) on each hole, etc. There's not much actual reading going on, and most of their putts are from the same distance.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

From the video, it looks like they're exceeding the optimal capture speed? It also looks like they have perfected less than optimal looking strokes, although putting is a very individual thing.

Haven't looked it up but I'm willing to bet there is an organization that holds putting tournaments on real greens? Not that there's anything wrong with miniature golf greens. :-D

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Thanks for posting that, although I never saw the Putt-Putt course, I did stay a the Orange Lake resort sometime in the lake 80's>
And I only glanced at the video for a few moments, but are those guys wearing golf shoes? (if so then LOL)

Players play, tough players win!

Thanks for the interesting tape, which I admit to not watching for more than a few minutes.  Not THAT interesting.  ;-)

An acquaintance once was a "professional putter" several decades ago.  He is still a decent putter although a lousy player overall.  I would never describe him as a great putter.

Brian Kuehn

why on earth do they all bank hole 1? 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

This is extraordinarily entertaining.  The DirecTV commercial is outrageous.  

why are they wearing golf shoes? 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, lastings said:

why on earth do they all bank hole 1? 

It increases their angles slightly and gives them something at which to aim that's within their field of view.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I see higher capture speeds which tells me the holes have chamfered edges compared to real holes. I've seen that at putt-putt courses I've been to a few times. Not sure actual tourneys have that generous holes.

Vishal S.

Crazy, I stayed at Orange Lake Resort back in 2001.  I had unlimited miniature golf for the entire week, I think I played 54 rounds or something during my week stay. I love their full golf attire, shoes included, I wore a bathing suit when I played.

Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!