IGNORED

Arccos 360 vs GameGolf Live

Note: This thread is 2360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, and feel free to point me to some threads that. 

It seems like they are both good options and very similar, even most of the pros and cons are similar; That's why I am curious if anyone has used both and has a simple recommendation.

Few things that did stand out;

With Arccos you have to keep your phone in your pocket and apparently the Android app is horrendous.

It sounds like Arccos is a little more progressive with updates and adding new features (Caddie App), and their stat analysis being a little better?

The GameGolf sensors have a tendency to break easier.

GameGolf GPS and functionality can be a little quirky/buggy.

Not sure if that stuff holds true, but some of the things I have seen. Oh and also Arccos is twice the price, $250 compared to $125 for GameGolf.

Driver: :tmade: SLDR

Woods: :ping: Rapture 3 Wood

Hybrid: :tmade: R7 Rescue 3H

Irons: :mizuno: JPX900 HM 4-GW

Putter: :odyssey: OG White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'm a bit biased because I'm working with the folks at GAME GOLF, but I've never really had a problem with any of the tags or GG hardware once I silicone glued them in (and some grips don't need that - my PURE grips are softer than many as they're pure rubber, so they can use the help).

GG tags don't affect the swingweight like the Arccos tags. That's a big one IMO.

There are other reasons but you listed a lot of them. The stats and whatnot in GG will be getting better, too. They HAVE the data, after all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I didn't find the weight of the Arccos 360 sensors was noticeable at all.  I also don't have enough experience with the system to comment on it yet.

Thanks for the info guys. @iacas so I'm guessing you enjoyed the use of Game Golf, have you noticed any issues with the use, glitchy, or anything that disrupts the round? I'm leaving towards GG over Arccos simply because I kind of like how the whole system is self contained in a way; tapping the device before a shot and not needing to have a phone in your pocket. 

@inthecup thoughts on Arccos?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, byrne092 said:

Thanks for the info guys. @iacas so I'm guessing you enjoyed the use of Game Golf, have you noticed any issues with the use, glitchy, or anything that disrupts the round? I'm leaving towards GG over Arccos simply because I kind of like how the whole system is self contained in a way; tapping the device before a shot and not needing to have a phone in your pocket.

Their system was down and not accepting new rounds in early March this year for about four or five days. The rounds eventually showed up. That's been about the only real glitch I've seen.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have 6 full rounds and 2 nines under my belt with Arccos.  Does it catch every shot? No.  If you pull more than one club and drop one on the ground it may think you hit the wrong one.

It did have trouble when I was wearing rain pants with deep pockets missing shots.  The interface is well thought out but it takes time to understand how to navigate it.  I have pretty much figured out how to use it and edit on the course if needed very quickly.  My regular golf partners did not know I was using it until I showed them it after a few rounds.  I look at the result after every hole and fix anything wrong on the spot.  Usually the thing that is incorrect is penalty shots and putts.  Both of which are easy to add.   Other than that it is a very useful tool and I believe it will help me score lower. 

My advise would be get one or the other it is worth it.   The depth of the stats it keeps is very useful.

I have the GameGolf Live and like it a lot. I did initially have issues with the tags breaking but I contacted them and they sent me a new set. The other issue I had was it marking some fairways as missed when they were actually hit (due to shading on the hole maps they use). Overall it has been great.

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking about getting one or the other of these and was discussing it with a friend the other day.  He came straight out and said Arccos was way better which was a surprise to me as I have been using the GameGolf app and thought it was pretty good.

I think the fact that Arccos detects the shot automatically is a big plus, but equally I can see if it fails to do this consistently and makes the occasional error it would get very frustrating.  I also think that tapping a club with GG as part of a pre shot routine might actually be beneficial in terms of getting you into the zone.

I don't really use the app while I'm playing - I mainly analyse my game at home and then feed that back into my yardages and club selections.  I can see that an AI caddy might be useful but I feel like it would need to take into account a lot of the information that you only get by standing behind the ball and playing golf.  Ok I might have 150 to the green which is an 8 iron but what about my lie and the length of the grass and the slope of the ground and that tree I need to get over and the softness of the green and the hump I can bounce it off etc.  The AI and the course data are going to need to be a lot better before it can make those kind of decisions.

I have gained some benefit from just using the app on its own so I think I will probably give the GameGolf tags a go to see if it is technology I can get into the habit of using.  I wouldn't be surprised if the app on its own is enough for me as I have a pretty good memory for the shots I hit during a round anyway.

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ZappyAd said:

I also think that tapping a club with GG as part of a pre shot routine might actually be beneficial in terms of getting you into the zone.

That's actually part of their design choice because they wanted that "tap" to be a sort of "trigger" to put you into your pre-shot routine or whatever.

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's actually part of their design choice because they wanted that "tap" to be a sort of "trigger" to put you into your pre-shot routine or whatever.

Oh.  I've been tapping afterward.  I don't think it matters for data collection.  Any opinion on whether I should aim to tap it before instead?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Shindig said:

Oh.  I've been tapping afterward.  I don't think it matters for data collection.  Any opinion on whether I should aim to tap it before instead?

It doesn't matter when. If you don't like to do it before, do it after.

I have played a few rounds with Arccos now, 14 full rounds and a bunch of 9's.  I have seen two problems.  It does not sense a lot of putts and they must be added manually.  If you bring multiple clubs to a shot and drop the ones you are not going to use sometimes it records the wrong club as the one that took the shot or in the case of wedges around the green it might record multiple erroneous shots.

There are guys that remember every shot they took and every detail.  I am not that guy.  I edit as I go.  It is not that difficult, it does not bother me.  No one knows I am using Arcos except a game golf or Arccos user.  

I find the number useful.  I'll continue to use it.  I can't speak to the difference between Arccos and Game golf but either is better than not keeping stats.

(edited)

Thanks for all of the info guys. Sounds like both are solid products. I think thats why it makes it a tough choice. Not sure what brings the premium price tag of Arccos? I think its because every club sensor has technology in it compared to GameGolf just having it in the belt clip. Probably just go with GameGolf to test the waters of shot tracking, the price point is very reasonable. 

Edited by byrne092

2 hours ago, byrne092 said:

Thanks for all of the info guys. Sounds like both are solid products. I think thats why it makes it a tough choice. Not sure what brings the premium price tag of Arccos? I think its because every club sensor has technology in it compared to GameGolf just having it in the belt clip. Probably just go with GameGolf to test the waters of shot tracking, the price point is very reasonable. 

I think I saw one of the models for GameGolf on Amazon recently for very cheap -- like, "I would have been willing to spend that for this, even when I was in graduate school" low price. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I used the Game Golf App, well twice anyways, but got tired of messing with my phone.  On the tee box or with approach shots it wasn't that bad, but it got very annoying when it came time to chip and putt.  I got an email a couple days ago from Game Golf giving me 33% off, which brings it under $100 so think I will finally pull the trigger and order one.

The one reason I haven't done it up to this point is I thought there was a rumor at one time that hinted to them going to a subscription based service. I could be totally wrong and haven't seen anything about it so I probably am.

Gus
---------------

GameGolf live at Costo $150

https://m.costco.com/Game-Golf-Live-Digital-Shot-Tracking-Bundle-with-Extra-Tag-Set.product.100341386.html

5 hours ago, JGus said:

I used the Game Golf App, well twice anyways, but got tired of messing with my phone.  On the tee box or with approach shots it wasn't that bad, but it got very annoying when it came time to chip and putt.  I got an email a couple days ago from Game Golf giving me 33% off, which brings it under $100 so think I will finally pull the trigger and order one.

The one reason I haven't done it up to this point is I thought there was a rumor at one time that hinted to them going to a subscription based service. I could be totally wrong and haven't seen anything about it so I probably am.

I don't like messing with my phone and that is why I haven't upgraded to GameGolf live.  I'm still using GameGolf classic.  I don't even notice that I'm using it during a round.  It's just a tap which is ingrained into my pre-shot routine.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, JGus said:

I think I've said that it should have been a subscription service.

The company, though, has NEVER said anything about that.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

I think I've said that it should have been a subscription service.

The company, though, has NEVER said anything about that.

Thanks, not sure where I heard it, could have been a discussion here or I'm just thinking of another tool.

Gus
---------------

Note: This thread is 2360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!