IGNORED

I've created a way to build a golf swing!!!!!

Note: This thread is 1860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, zipazoid said:

I think there's a difference between 'what works for you' versus 'what works.'

Absolutely right. And I would also add that 'what works for you' changes over time, so it's dubious to try and teach it to others.

There was a brilliant thread here sometime back where they talked about how the 'feels' change over time. I also took this to mean, the same feel may not fix a recurring swing flaw more than once. That was a revolutionary idea for me to understand. The fundamentals of the golf swing never change: our brains and our bodies change all the time.

• Upvote 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In looking back over this thread, it occurs to me that the OP is not looking for advice or instruction. He had an "epiphany". He found something that appears to work for him regardless of how flawed others might think it is.  He made a few videos on you tube and from what I've seen, mostly words with little demonstration.  He is passionate about what he discovered and deserves kudos for that. Now that I've seen the videos, I will only say that I will not be looking again. That being said, if this works for the OP, great.  I would agree that sometimes "discoveries" are short lived.  I have had a few of these myself that proved to be beneficial, others not so much.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

19 hours ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

JoeB again. Here are some things I've used to BUILD my swing and can use to build a swing.  Centrifugal and centripetal force. I rely on stabilizing and controlling where I release the club. I use a visual I call stack man but a few tees and shafts and anyone can do it. I've studied Trackman and use stabilizing and counterforce to achieve what good shots on Trackman call for. I'll post videos I post. None are commercial, just answering questions I get.

God bless 

I guess this's is where I put new posts. Just did a reply with more information. 

Thanks 

Just so we're all in the same place with regards to science, I have to point out that centrifugal force does not actually exist. 

It is important to note that the centrifugal force does not actually exist. We feel it, because we are in a non-inertial coordinate system. Nevertheless, it appears quite real to the object being rotated. This is because the object believes that it is in a non-accelerating situation, when in fact it is not.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

18 hours ago, iacas said:

That's the opposite of stable there, IMO.

Maybe with the ball well back in your stance, and about a 10-11° launch angle with your 4-iron.

You're an 8 index…?

Nobody's being negative. I've seen people asking you questions. People asking you to demonstrate or explain some things.

Read along. 1 or 2 have asked. The rest just want to tell me why I can't do what I say I can. 

Just now, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Read along. 1 or 2 have asked. The rest just want to tell me why I can't do what I say I can. 

I'll spend rest of time explaining. If you have a legitimate question by all means ask. If it a question that's trying to demean what I'm doing, keep it to yourself. At impact I couldn't be rocked or swayed. Shoulder stacked on torso on hips on knees on ankles. I'm not sure what u consider stable., many unorthodox swings succeed, sorry I didn't make a way to develop a "pretty" swing. I am an 8 and plan on going lower. Looks can be deceiving.  

As far as Trackman, I've studied how the data is found and used to make good shots. Then I made stackman and use it to get good attack angle, face path and so on. Never been on Trackman, all I need is stackman.

3 hours ago, Joeyvee said:

Just so we're all in the same place with regards to science, I have to point out that centrifugal force does not actually exist. 

It is important to note that the centrifugal force does not actually exist. We feel it, because we are in a non-inertial coordinate system. Nevertheless, it appears quite real to the object being rotated. This is because the object believes that it is in a non-accelerating situation, when in fact it is not.

Yes it's the absence of force. Force wants to go in a straight line as I'm sure you know. True it's not, not accelerating. In a golf swing it's stabilizing, allowing me to push down my eyeline with ease and release the club. It does seem real but I've determined that that feeling is stability. Our bodies get ready for motion and to stop it as well. In this moment of stabilization (that stackman helps decide where that is) you can send the club down you eyeline, that can be changed every shot. 

3 hours ago, Hacker James said:

In looking back over this thread, it occurs to me that the OP is not looking for advice or instruction. He had an "epiphany". He found something that appears to work for him regardless of how flawed others might think it is.  He made a few videos on you tube and from what I've seen, mostly words with little demonstration.  He is passionate about what he discovered and deserves kudos for that. Now that I've seen the videos, I will only say that I will not be looking again. That being said, if this works for the OP, great.  I would agree that sometimes "discoveries" are short lived.  I have had a few of these myself that proved to be beneficial, others not so much.

Thanks I'm bringing more details and visual.  The exact way I do it isn't important but it's a map. 

4 hours ago, Kalnoky said:

Absolutely right. And I would also add that 'what works for you' changes over time, so it's dubious to try and teach it to others.

There was a brilliant thread here sometime back where they talked about how the 'feels' change over time. I also took this to mean, the same feel may not fix a recurring swing flaw more than once. That was a revolutionary idea for me to understand. The fundamentals of the golf swing never change: our brains and our bodies change all the time.

I agree

18 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I'll spend rest of time explaining. If you have a legitimate question by all means ask. If it a question that's trying to demean what I'm doing, keep it to yourself. At impact I couldn't be rocked or swayed. Shoulder stacked on torso on hips on knees on ankles. I'm not sure what u consider stable., many unorthodox swings succeed, sorry I didn't make a way to develop a "pretty" swing. I am an 8 and plan on going lower. Looks can be deceiving.  

As far as Trackman, I've studied how the data is found and used to make good shots. Then I made stackman and use it to get good attack angle, face path and so on. Never been on Trackman, all I need is stackman.

This picture looks like I could give your left shoulder a nudge and you would fall backward.  It almost looks like a lot of your weight is in your heels, although that might not be the case, maybe on your left foot though.  How do you know if your attack angle or face path are good if you haven't got the data on it?  It seems to me that your body is late getting through the ball based on this picture as well...the picture and your lower body are at where I would think a person would want to be at impact, not half follow through.

594af952200c8_Stackman_PNG_e052eae9c20179b076c3fd93303a2bce.png

5 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

This is more-or-less my thought on the matter. Supposing the 8 HI is legit, it's way better than I do. It's better than the majority of people I play with. Teaching your individual swing to the general populace is another thing altogether. I've had buddies that think they should tell me what to do because they generally card a lower number than I do. Never mind they cheat like hell. What works for them, doesn't work for me.

Didn't watch the video, but the stills above do look funny. 

Hilarious 

10 hours ago, Alx said:

Your butt looks excessively tucked under. Its a weak position for the lower back...

Its not just about reaching positions for the sake of looks. There are obvious mechanical advantages with most "pretty" positions.

. Golfs not how but how many. Aesthetics will never score. I know the data of the results of my shots. Did it do what I wanted? no pictures on the scorecard. See I alot of cliquey golf sayings too.  

3 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

. Golfs not how but how many. Aesthetics will never score. I know the data of the results of my shots. Did it do what I wanted? no pictures on the scorecard. See I alot of cliquey golf sayings too.  

Funny that you posted Furyk's swing. I made a comment about it in this thread earlier. Just because it works for him doesn't mean it works. Show me one instructor who tells someone, 'Swing like Jim Furyk.'

4 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Totally different.

Your back is still in a weak and injury prone position.

Furyks isnt. Furyks downswing is also quite textbook. In the grand scheme of things the backswing isnt that big of a deal if your downswing is fine.

12 minutes ago, Alx said:

Totally different.

Your back is still in a weak and injury prone position.

Furyks isnt. Furyks downswing is also quite textbook. In the grand scheme of things the backswing isnt that big of a deal if your downswing is fine.

All that matters is how you are at impact. You can do anything on the backswing and downswing as long as you are square at impact.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

The scratch paper drawing makes no sense whatsoever to me.

It looks to me like stand flat footed,  ball way back in stance, wack ball with a right hand cast.

That said your impact sounded good.  I definitely don't see this living up to some claim of most repeatable move in golf however.  It's hard to tell but it looks to me like you are using leverage as your means of force.

23 minutes ago, zipazoid said:

Funny that you posted Furyk's swing. I made a comment about it in this thread earlier. Just because it works for him doesn't mean it works. Show me one instructor who tells someone, 'Swing like Jim Furyk.'

They don't but he says it feels normal to him. Watch his rehearsal it looks normal. My deal is building a swing. Steps to find you. Not steps everyone does. We're all different but a way to find your own tendencies is a good thing. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

The scratch paper drawing makes no sense whatsoever to me.

It looks to me like stand flat footed,  ball way back in stance, wack ball with a right hand cast.

That said your impact sounded good.  I definitely don't see this living up to some claim of most repeatable move in golf however.  It's hard to tell but it looks to me like you are using leverage as your means of force.

I do use leverage. That's me. It's called most repeatable because the system helps a person find their tendencies and strengths. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

They don't but he says it feels normal to him. Watch his rehearsal it looks normal. My deal is building a swing. Steps to find you. Not steps everyone does. We're all different but a way to find your own tendencies is a good thing. 

I do use leverage. That's me. It's called most repeatable because the system helps a person find their tendencies and strengths. Thanks.

I'm curious.  Given what you're trying to do here, can you give us some insight to your overall golf experience/resume?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

13 minutes ago, MasonAsher2014 said:

All that matters is how you are at impact. You can do anything on the backswing and downswing as long as you are square at impact.

I agree the backswing is getting ready. To the contrary on my back. My flexion in my glutes is supporting my lower spine because I'm not torquing or trying to twist or spin my hips. 

9 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I'm curious.  Given what you're trying to do here, can you give us some insight to your overall golf experience/resume?

ha ha...not sure either, but so far I am beginning to think he is succeeding. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Out of curiosity, what part of TN are you from JoeB?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 1860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!