IGNORED

I've created a way to build a golf swing!!!!!

Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In the last year or do I've put together a model for building an individual golf swing. Don't worry I'm not on here to ask for $$. I'm giving the blue print to whoever wants to have their own swing and improve. When you build it, you can fix it. You know it inside and out. All great golfers do a few common things but all swings should be individual. I built it using a system I call stack man, a play on words but very effective. I built my swing by having a way to control where the shot is released. Not controlling the release but where it takes place alongside a few other basic things to know a swing can be built in a few weeks. Not years. Each shot on video is a different type of shot. This isn't a way to be a good range ball striker, it's a way to own your swing and get better. Every club in the bag!!

God bless,

JoeB from Tennessee 

Hi @JoeB from Tennessee. Welcome to TST!

Do you want us to ask questions, or were you planning to give us more details?

You say you've got a "model" and a "system." Can you tell us how the video above relates to this system. 

I just see more questions than answers. There's not much for us to go on. 

Also, we mods discussed a bit before approving, and we are taking you at your word that you are not promoting anything. We have policies against that, so we are ready to shut this down if you try to push a business opportunity. 

(See FAQ for guidance on linking to personal blog or business: https://thesandtrap.com/a/faq/)

But if you are here for feedback on your ideas, great! I suspect you'll get plenty of those. 

• Upvote 2

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome!

Based on your brief video, the swing doesn't strike me as particularly powerful.  It looks flippy, with a lot of head movement and poor weight transfer.  

Given that, I guess my first question is what is it about that swing that you like so much, and why would it be an improvement over what we'd normally consider to be a more technically sound swing?

Not trying to pick, I'm genuinely interested in your thought process here.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

So, how does it work?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

First, welcome to TheSandTrap, its always interesting to read and watch new ideas.  But so far, I don't see much of anything to discuss.  Will you be providing more information sometime soon?

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, tristanhilton85 said:

So, how does it work?

I just started here today. I'll be putting more information. Thanks 

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

First, welcome to TheSandTrap, its always interesting to read and watch new ideas.  But so far, I don't see much of anything to discuss.  Will you be providing more information sometime soon?

Yes new to forum.

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Welcome!

Based on your brief video, the swing doesn't strike me as particularly powerful.  It looks flippy, with a lot of head movement and poor weight transfer.  

Given that, I guess my first question is what is it about that swing that you like so much, and why would it be an improvement over what we'd normally consider to be a more technically sound swing?

Not trying to pick, I'm genuinely interested in your thought process here.

It's looks floppy because I don't strike more to my trail side. It has plenty of power. The video is a 4 iron flight around 205 which isn't what everyone thinks they want (200 yd 7 irons) but it's very repeatable. I control the place I release on every shot so I control every shot. (Not all but 95%) this is why I'm pointing in the video. I didn't remake a swing, I built a model to build ones own swing. They all look different. Jordan Spieth has a chicken wing but I bet if you ask, most would take it. The concept is mostly stabilizing and my eyeline. I'll bring more soon. At work.Thanks 

2 hours ago, RandallT said:

You say you've got a "model" and a "system." Can you tell us how the video above relates to this system. 

Also, we mods discussed a bit before approving, and we are taking you at your word that you are not promoting anything. We have policies against that, so we are ready to shut this down if you try to push a business opportunity. 

(See FAQ for guidance on linking to personal blog or business: https://thesandtrap.com/a/faq/)

But if you are here for feedback on your ideas, great! I suspect you'll get plenty of those. 

All I'm promoting is a way to build your own swing. No charge.

1 hour ago, tristanhilton85 said:

So, how does it work?

I'm working on a way to communicate it for easy adaptation. New to forum thanks 

2 hours ago, RandallT said:

Will put more. I'm at work but wanted to share. No business 

Welcome to the site @JoeB from Tennessee

Your video is not very informative. Looking forward to more info. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

JoeB again. Here are some things I've used to BUILD my swing and can use to build a swing.  Centrifugal and centripetal force. I rely on stabilizing and controlling where I release the club. I use a visual I call stack man but a few tees and shafts and anyone can do it. I've studied Trackman and use stabilizing and counterforce to achieve what good shots on Trackman call for. I'll post videos I post. None are commercial, just answering questions I get.

God bless 

I guess this's is where I put new posts. Just did a reply with more information. 

Thanks 

What's unique about your method? What makes it better / easier to understand than conventional teaching?

All I'm seeing in your post is release point and swing plane, which isn't new to instruction and is very broad.  There's a lot of details we're missing from this way to build a golf swing.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

In stabilizing I'm referring to me not the club, release is everything. If I control where I release I control (as much as possible, my game). There's nothing new under the sun, I've just developed a method that teaches how to develop a swing you know and can fix but then there's no reason for lessons...oops. I may be stepping on toes. 

• Administrator

Hmmm.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree with David, the backswing looks more like a 3/4 shot, or a flighted shot, and the weight transfer doesn't seem right to me.  Just doesn't look like a very powerful swing overall.  If it works for you that is great though!  I, myself, wouldn't be particularly happy with a 205 4i...I know that if I want to hit a draw, I need to swing out to the right a little, if I want to hit a cut, I need to swing to the left a little.  Again, if it works for you that is great, but just doesn't seem powerful.

Edited by Grinde6

I am pretty far from knowing and executing a technically sound golf swing. But, just from looking at the video, this looks a lot like my own 3/4 swing that I use when I am having problems with my own swing. Something to salvage a round with, so to speak. That, and my knock down shot when playing in the wind.  Both are very controlled swings for me.

I like to think I know my own golf swing, but in reality, Some days I just swing the club better than other days. I do know what to look for when I hit a poor shot, so maybe that's my way of owning the swing I have. 

To me,  impact position is one of the more important aspects of a golf swing. I associate a good impact position with a consistant release. Develope a good impact postion, and what ever was done in the golf swing prior to that good impact position worked out well. 

Distance is a problem with my abbreviated, 3/4 swing,  but that's just part of my own old geezer, some what accurate,  golf game I have now, partly due to poor flexibility. If I used a 4i, I am looking some wheres around 170 yards....on a good day.

It will be interesting to see how this new swing thread developes. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I think I'll stick with trying to emulate the pros.

Stackman: (If the Stackman's carry distance with a 4 iron is 204 yards, he must have extremely strong and quick arms.  It just doesn't look possible from the video.)

stack man 1.PNG

Stack man.PNG

PGA pro:

Temp 3.PNG

Temp 4.PNG

Edited by No Mulligans

Note: This thread is 1832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!