IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge July 2017

Note: This thread is 2471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

July 5 - About an hours of practice using mostly foam balls, with occasional reals balls. Focused on my feels for eliminating casting. Filmed the last few to check progress. Also, took breaks to do some pitching work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mirror work.  At home, foam ball, no hitting it though (the mat I want isn't even in stock...).

Focused on:  left arm straight at address and not letting my right elbow out the wrong way from A1 to A3.  Still get the face to look at the ball in that range, then hands up to complete backswing.

This is the easy parts of my latest evolvr lesson (came in last night) and I think I can work on these without them interfering with my upcoming rounds (3 in the next 4 days).

July status:  5 for 5.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

July 5

Rainy day. Practiced short putts indoors for 10 minutes.

More reinforcement of last putting session: Keep left wrist flat and firm - but not rigid. Be deliberate on putt finish.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Went to the club to pick up my clubs and spent 10 minutes on short pitches and 10 minutes pitching over a sand trap to a green.  Success was measure by hitting the green anywhere... still put 3/15 in the trap.  

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

7-6-17

Playing 9 holes after work today.  Last week I couldn't hit a fairway and shot 47 with at least 6 punchouts/recovery shots.  Going to club down and work on hitting more fairways. 

Edited by socialputts

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

July 6

Practiced 8i chip-and-run shots for 20 minutes on way to work.

Recently I've gone to a more upright chipping stance, and I'm using an engage the bounce stroke with minimal forward shaft lean. This has increased the amount of run-out, and made distance more predictable.

Rain coming, glad I finished early.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

July 6 - Played 9 holes today without any pain in my wrist at impact. It was a par three course. I parred 4 holes too! The knee held up fine with my robobrace. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

7/6/17:

Missed yesterday posting because my internet is down (until Tomorrow). But played 27 holes yesterday (7/5), shot 44, 42, 41... Had a couple of nice up and downs in their... Too many 3 putts though, my speed was just a hair off on the longer ones. Gotta work on that before the Club Championship next weekend.

Today I worked on putting from 30 feet and out focusing on getting my speed correct.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7/06 - first centered turns with steady head sans club, then with 8i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

July 6:

Playing 9 holes in our Thursday night league.  Posting now because I won't get home until late. 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

July 6.  Played 18 holes with two friends.  I shot an 83 (ESC 82), so the practice is showing up.  I did a bit of my work on two arms straight at address at the range before the round, as I got to the course a bit early and wanted to try a few instances of doing that for 2-3 backswing practices and then hitting the ball.  I pulled my tee shots a lot less today than last round.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

7-7-17  This morning I did a golf-specific workout, focusing on back, shoulders, legs and core.  The workout included rowing and exercise band rotations to strengthen muscles used during a golf swing.

Update to 7-6, in addition to playing 9 holes, I hit a bucket of balls focusing on clean contact.  The practice is starting to pay off.  I am hitting irons cleaner and farther.  Putting is sill letting me down and I practiced lag putting fro 15 mins 

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

7/7/17:

Played a few holes 90 yards and in with Alina... To get practice with my fuller 56° shot... It's hilarious when my 3 1/2 year old daughter is closer to the hole, with a driver, than I am with a sand wedge. So I need to work on it some more for sure.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7/07 - wall drills x 5 mins (not much time today:unsure:)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

7/7: First range day where I can say I feel like I'm back near 100%. I've reviewed my latest lessons and worked on the last list from the instructor:

-crank left hip around (perhaps straighter left let to help) at impact. Feel someone tugging on left pocket.

-stronger grip than I'm used to (have been working with this through the injury, so it's hopefully improved)

-used video and tried to review a decent number of swings. 

Will post video to My Swing thread next week. And try to play a round finally! I hit the last 10 or 15 balls as full swings, and it was a mess at first. Found the ball by the end, but no video of that to see if I was just compensating back to my old swing. I just wanted to get some good contact again, and it felt good.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

July 7 - rainy day. Went to the gym and did golf specific workout. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

July 7

Did stretches and hit a small bucket of balls, and then played 18 holes with our Senior group at the golf club.

A hit-and-miss day - shot a 97.

• Had 32 putts - six one-putts and two three-putts.
  • Hinge and hold pitches working well from close in - including one for birdie; 8i chips decent also.
  • Bad day in the sand - wet and crusty, neither SW blast nor PW pick worked.
  • For driver shots - half solid, other half pulls or high pop ups.
  • 3W thin but straight, 5W more solid.
  • Irons terrible: three double bogies after solid drives which hit fairway.

Don't know if it was allergies or what - I just didn't feel steady over ball for most shots.

7/7 -- ruler drill with a putter.  I didn't pull any.  Of 25 putts, 10 made it safely 36" while 15 fell off right (push) at various intervals, the worst of which was one that made it one foot before veering :-(

I'm not sure what this information means, so I won't account for it.

Coming up:  two day outing / tournament with my club.  I won't have much in the way of internet tomorrow, and I'm not bringing a computer (other than my mobile phone) anyway.  I hope it's okay to declare that I will be playing both days.  I know pre-dating practices is out of the question, though, so I'm going to try to get reception or something to check in briefly.  Otherwise, tomorrow (July 8) may have to be my one "lost" day for the month (which I'm fine with if that's the rule).

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!