IGNORED

Getting into PURE Grips

27 minutes ago, Scipio said:

Not looking to take this off topic, but has anyone here used Star Grips?  I'm asking in this thread because they are also all rubber, suggest installing with compressed air, are made in the USA, and have a three year warranty on them.  

I didn't see much when I did a search, but looks like they may have been around a while.  

Sorry if this should be its own thread, but seemed relevant given some of the similarities...

Hi @Scipio, I am curious about Star Grips as well.  Their grips don't have logos, so I am interested in trying it on my driver.  There's a shop by my job that carries these, but the shop is not the best at all and is mostly a used club and ball shop.  I'll make an effort to visit sometime soon (next week or two) and will pick one up and can report back.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 hours ago, weberd27 said:

Hi @Scipio, I am curious about Star Grips as well.  Their grips don't have logos, so I am interested in trying it on my driver.  There's a shop by my job that carries these, but the shop is not the best at all and is mostly a used club and ball shop.  I'll make an effort to visit sometime soon (next week or two) and will pick one up and can report back.

Thanks!

Im curious about trying a few different grips out to see what might fit me best (especially as I am working to modify my hand position to be less palmy....) and wondering if a wrap style might work better than others.  The lower cost and ability to blow them on/off is appealing, so the Star or the Pure might fit the bill.

38 minutes ago, Scipio said:

Thanks!

Im curious about trying a few different grips out to see what might fit me best (especially as I am working to modify my hand position to be less palmy....) and wondering if a wrap style might work better than others.  The lower cost and ability to blow them on/off is appealing, so the Star or the Pure might fit the bill.

I'm no Alfred Einstein, but I've used many different grips over the years. 

Personally, I like the Pure DTX. But that's a matter of personal preference. In terms of actually improving your game or even your grip. I'm not sure the "style" makes much difference. 

When I got into pure grips I ordered a handful of different ones and literally just tried them out to see which kind I liked best. Since I could blow them on and off, it was super easy to switch them in and out until I decided what I liked best. 

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

In terms of actually improving your game or even your grip. I'm not sure the "style" makes much difference. 

Well, I am working to try and adjust how I'm holding the club, and my current grips seem to be tearing up my hands pretty good.  I'm also not sure if I am giving the club a death grip or if I need to loosen up.  I figure finding the grip on the club that feels right should help me get out of my own head....  I'll have to order a couple different styles and see which one I like best.

5 minutes ago, Scipio said:

Well, I am working to try and adjust how I'm holding the club, and my current grips seem to be tearing up my hands pretty good.  I'm also not sure if I am giving the club a death grip or if I need to loosen up.  I figure finding the grip on the club that feels right should help me get out of my own head....  I'll have to order a couple different styles and see which one I like best.

Can you post a picture of the grips (the physical things, not your hand holding the club) that are there are the moment?  I'd be curious to see what sort of condition they're in, and we might give you better advice from there.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Can you post a picture of the grips (the physical things, not your hand holding the club) that are there are the moment?  I'd be curious to see what sort of condition they're in, and we might give you better advice from there.  

Can we stick to the topic? This sounds like a Member Swing topic discussion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 6 months later...
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, Bigguns 76 said:

What's the thoughts and experiences with pure grips .

In addition to the topic I merged your post into, there are others here if you want to search. Like these two:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/pure_grips_review

We like to get to know our members here on TST and one of the things that helps is when members choose a unique avatar for themselves. Please add one (here's a guide to help if you're not sure how). Thank you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When you take into consideration how durable they are. I think they are the best golf grips on the market. Now that is personal preference. I have been using Pure Grips for the past 8+ years. The only complaint is that in colder weather they do get a bit slicker for me. They are amazing in the summer, they feel a bit more tackier. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

When you take into consideration how durable they are. I think they are the best golf grips on the market. Now that is personal preference. I have been using Pure Grips for the past 8+ years. The only complaint is that in colder weather they do get a bit slicker for me. They are amazing in the summer, they feel a bit more tackier. 

I find the DTX Midsize grips to be great no matter the weather. I've talked to people who don't like the DTX, they say it's like gripping a truck tire. But I think the midsize version of the DTX is far and away the best feeling grip there is. So, it's a matter of taste to some degree. 

One time @iacas made me take a lesson with a Pure wrap standard size and I didn't like that grip at all. DTX Midsize all day and twice on Sunday. 

Lastly, at least when it comes to the DTX, the white doesn't last as long as the other colors. I've used blue, black, red and white and the white is the only version that wears down. I don't know why that is, but I believe it to be true. 

I like the DTX, but they aren’t tacky enough for me to grip in humid weather. I may try again this year but I have sweaty hands and they slip.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

21 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I like the DTX, but they aren’t tacky enough for me to grip in humid weather. I may try again this year but I have sweaty hands and they slip.

That's really interesting. I've never thought of that. 
Here's the thing. My palms don't sweat. I'm not kidding, my entire body sweats but my palms don't. At least not so I'd notice. Even when I'm sweating like a mad man, my palms are dry. 
Maybe because I'm a freak of nature....

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

That's really interesting. I've never thought of that. 
Here's the thing. My palms don't sweat. I'm not kidding, my entire body sweats but my palms don't. At least not so I'd notice. Even when I'm sweating like a mad man, my palms are dry. 
Maybe because I'm a freak of nature....

This is me in July.

DCD22DF8-4B01-414B-AD48-A8C86266A8CC.gif

• Funny 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Pure Grips is having a 30% off sale for the Phoenix Open. Over $75 and you get free shipping. I just ordered a complete set of DTX Midsize.

https://www.puregrips.com/

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

I can buy a few sets and not have to worry for 6 years  😛 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I just ordered a complete set of DTX Midsize.

https://www.puregrips.com/

You are a wise man. 
I'm going to do the same. I love the DTX Midsize. 

Red, White, and Blue grips for me.
What color did you get. 

23 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

You are a wise man. 
I'm going to do the same. I love the DTX Midsize. 

Red, White, and Blue grips for me.
What color did you get. 

Black because they were the least expensive. I’m cheap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What color did you get. 

Neon pink and neon blue, because I feel like these compliment the high-visibility balls I use.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1