IGNORED

Anyone Wear UV/Sun Sleeves?

Shindig
Note: This thread is 1123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Those look very nice.  

I purchased these Aegend 8/2019.   They are a little long but I'm very pleased. I have white and gray

Yep, I've been using that brand too.  I have several pairs at various bags, including my golf bag.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Zippo said:

I usually wear the white sleeves in the summer time, too. As others have noted, I appreciate the UV protection and they seem to me to feel cooler than just a bare arm. And, (I just have to say it), the color matches my belt...   😈

Oh my.

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Those look very nice.  

I purchased these Aegend 8/2019.   They are a little long but I'm very pleased. I have white and gray

Those are the same ones I have. I am 6'2" and I got the XL's. Personally I think they are great. 

I also have a pair that are designed as "Warm Up" sleeves. They are UA brand. I got them years ago at Dicks Sporting goods. They are a little thicker and I like to wear those on mornings when it's cool, but I know by mid-round it will warm up. I used to use the UA long sleeve warm up undershirt. But then to take that off you have to get undressed on the course. With the warm up sleeves if you get warm you can just pull them off. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

You guys talked me into it, I am going to purchase some. Any recommendation on sizing?

21 hours ago, iacas said:

Just added five pair of various colors of these:

https://amzn.to/3dvlsZq

I intend to wear them when I'm wearing short sleeves. I may even wear them when I wear a quarter-zip on days I may take it off.

What colors did you purchase?

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

You guys talked me into it, I am going to purchase some. Any recommendation on sizing?

White, light grey, dark grey, black, dark blue I think?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I should try some of these. I hate sunscreen, but I'm diligent about sun protection so I resort to wearing a lightweight long sleeve undershirt under my golf shirt, but the UV sleeves seem like they would be more comfortable and practical.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

27 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I didn’t find them too tight and I have average arm size and got the large.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

27 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I should try some of these. I hate sunscreen, but I'm diligent about sun protection so I resort to wearing a lightweight long sleeve undershirt under my golf shirt, but the UV sleeves seem like they would be more comfortable and practical.

The thing about sunscreen is it can be a bit messy, difficult to put on, and sometimes unavailable. The sleeves look like you could roll up a couple pair and slip them into a small pocket in the golf bag and just leave them there. I do know this, my forearms looked pretty beat up mid summer. Skin cancer is a threat, especially after getting older.

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

I have white (which are my favorite), black (second favorite), grey (good with almost anything), and neon chartreus .... I rarely wear the neon ones. Not sure why I got those. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Used to wear sun sleeves, but over time gotten fed up of them.  The cheaper ones aren't great because the elastic is either too tight or gets too loose.  The ones that are like spandex are better but a lot more expensive.  I prefer long sleeve t-shirts if I am going to bother with sun protection.  Max I use is sun screen on my face 😟

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

2 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

This is why I got these in the first place.  Now sunscreen on my arms feels weirder than it used to, but I'm getting protection that won't run off.  And, in the summer, especially if I'm playing somewhere where the temperature is north of 100 degrees, I can run cold water on them and it stays for a short bit.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

52 minutes ago, Shindig said:

And, in the summer, especially if I'm playing somewhere where the temperature is north of 100 degrees, I can run cold water on them and it stays for a short bit.

I am wondering if the heat factor you are speaking of (100 degrees) is the main factor in skin protection? This article talks about the 3 waves of energy that comes from the sun. Pretty basic info, but tells the story of the sun's output. Covering up seems to be the best option. Read please:

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/sunburn/en/

Just ordered a pair to try out. The mannequin arm they are modeled on makes me feel a bit inadequate though.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

After a couple of three skin cancers I have become pretty good at protecting my skin from the sun.  I prefer the sun sleeves to long sleeved shirts in summer.  At the high altitude where I spend summers the sun is pretty intense.  Sun Block is good and I use it on my legs, when I am in shorts,  and face/neck/ears areas all the time,  along with a big brim hat.  I do reapply it at the turn like the container tells you to do.  

I would prefer to not have to do this, but I've lost a couple of golfing buddies and an uncle to melanoma cancer.    In my personal case I've had two cancers (one squamous cell and one Basil cell) removed by a surgeon and one squamous cell chemically removed. My advice is to protect your skin as skin cancers are a serious threat to your well being.  If that doesn't influence you, think about what you might look like with half your nose missing.  Plastic surgeons can only do so much.

Butch

14 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

and neon chartreus .... I rarely wear the neon ones. Not sure why I got those. 

Disco Golf Baby!

Scott

My Swing Thread

52 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Disco Golf Baby!

Much like the white belt and the flat brim hat, there are some looks that I am just too old to carry off anymore. 

• Funny 1

For those who wear the sun sleeves, and even for those who do not, how many of you wear a long pant instead of shorts? My legs, especially along the shin bone area, get brutally chaffed and burnt by the sun. How do you protect your legs? Sun sleeves for the arms sounds like a great idea, how about the legs?

5 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

For those who wear the sun sleeves, and even for those who do not, how many of you wear a long pant instead of shorts? My legs, especially along the shin bone area, get brutally chaffed and burnt by the sun. How do you protect your legs? Sun sleeves for the arms sounds like a great idea, how about the legs?

I wear shorts mostly. I will wear golf pants when it’s in the 40s and low 50s.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!