IGNORED

NFL 2017-2018

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 2271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

It will be interesting to see how much Harrison sees the field for the Pats.

If he sees the field much at all except maybe against that KC guy, the Pats are in really bad shape at OLB.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Funny thing that the most important week for fantasy football ends up the goofiest with teams resting this guy or that guy.

Really, I'm getting my butt kicked in the consolation, so it hardly matters. If I were still in it, the sitting of my big hammers (KC's Hill and Kelce) would be highly upsetting.

27 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Funny thing that the most important week for fantasy football ends up the goofiest with teams resting this guy or that guy.

Really, I'm getting my butt kicked in the consolation, so it hardly matters. If I were still in it, the sitting of my big hammers (KC's Hill and Kelce) would be highly upsetting.

Every fantasy league I've ever been in ends on week 16.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, jamo said:

Every fantasy league I've ever been in ends on week 16.

This one has two-week aggregate playoffs for the four top teams after week 13. Won my conference and then lost round one narrowly. Got lit up in the first game of consolations and any idea of a big comeback to win third is pretty much dusted after this lousy half.

And now the coaching carousel starts - Black Monday, indeed... Very pleased for the Bills making it into the playoffs and could see that game against the Jags being a coin toss. Not sure what to make about us (Rams) keeping the 3rd seed - I'd have preferred Panthers over Falcons and, were we to get past them, I'd have far rather played Eagles than Vikings. Still like our chances though and just delighted we're in the mix for a change!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Well the Lions never seem to disappoint.   I was sorry to see Jim Caldwell go but Detroit football needs some major shakeup.    Rumors are running that the Patriots's coordinators are choices.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Rumors are running that the Patriots's coordinators are choices.   

Always are! Patricia probably the better bet of the two, assuming you can keep Cooter.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4 hours ago, b101 said:

Always are! Patricia probably the better bet of the two, assuming you can keep Cooter.

Stafford is lobbying heavily to keep Cooter.   I hope they do.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6 hours ago, b101 said:

As a Pats fan, I cannot see the allure of Patricia. He's seems to always be playing catch up. They are good in the 4th quarter, but we always expect the other team to march down the field in the first quarter. They seem to play down to their opponent. They've gotten better in the second half, but it's frustrating.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If you just look at the results that New England defense has put up the past few years, Patricia has got to get some credit for that. With the awful start the Patriots had this year, the turnaround suggests strongly that he knows what he's doing and can manage players.

The one reservation in my mind is just the fact that his only NFL employer has been the Patriots under Belichick. It will be a new role and a different environment. It's hard to know how insulated he may have been from the other functions that a head coach would have to deal with.

I'd definitely interview him.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Yay!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/1/2018 at 1:47 PM, b101 said:

And now the coaching carousel starts - Black Monday, indeed... Very pleased for the Bills making it into the playoffs and could see that game against the Jags being a coin toss. Not sure what to make about us (Rams) keeping the 3rd seed - I'd have preferred Panthers over Falcons and, were we to get past them, I'd have far rather played Eagles than Vikings. Still like our chances though and just delighted we're in the mix for a change!

My Falcons are about to go on another run. I love Gurley and grew up with McVay but do not see it being close.

6 hours ago, upndown21 said:

My Falcons are about to go on another run. I love Gurley and grew up with McVay but do not see it being close.

I really hope you’re wrong! Should be a really good game (unlike the horror show last year) - look forward to chewing the fat afterwards. Best of luck!

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Yay!

That reaction out of you doesn't surprise me a whole lot.

Marvin isn't the best, but he isn't the worst either. Us old people remember the lost decade (the 1990s for you kids) and Lewis has gotten a pretty wide berth because of it. 15 years later, semi-competitive mediocrity is a tougher sell. 

In my opinion, Marvin does a pretty good job evaluating talent (especially on the defensive side of the ball). By and large, his players like him and try to play for him. We saw some of this with the two late season wins against Detroit and Baltimore when a lot of guys would have been planning vacations. 

His biggest weakness is his in-game management. Even basic things, like clock-management, become an adventure for the Bengals. A lot of close wins have turned into losses because they flush time away or stop it unnecessarily. On a broader scale, the team repeatedly fails to adjust to what the opposition does. A great first half gives way to a lousy second half. The Pittsburgh MNF game this year is a perfect case in point. You also have a general lack of team discipline that has plagued this franchise for years. 

Polls suggest 80% or more of the Bengal support wanted Lewis gone. Yet again, the owner disregarded what his fans want. It's interesting, but hardly surprising given Mike Brown's track record. But, the truth is any new head coach would be equally likely to do worse than Lewis rather than better.

Edited by mcanadiens

Right, TST crew - any predictions for this weekend's games? I will go with the below in no particular order (lots of hoping with the first!).

Falcons 13 - 27 Rams
Panthers 10 - 24 Saints
Titans 6 - 27 Chiefs
Bills 13 - 10 Jags

Three really interesting games IMO (and the Titans matchup) and will be very excited at 1am Sunday morning UK time.

I don't do very well with predicting exact scores, so I'll give you margins instead.

Rams over Falcons by 3 - This looks like the best game of the bunch to my eyes. Sounds like the Falcons might have health issues on the OL and the game is in LA. Time to see if Goff is playoff ready.

Saints over Panthers by 14 - Saints have a two-headed monster at running back and a surefire hall of fame quarterback. Plus I don't really trust Cam Newton.

Chiefs over Titans by 10 - Kansas City has a so-so defense, but a lot of offensive talent and that talent is pretty well rested after a bunch of them didn't dress in Week 17. Tennessee should be able to move the ball some on offense and keep this game from getting out of hand.

Jaguars over Bills by 7 - McCoy is out and Buffalo gives up a bunch of sacks. Jacksonville's defense eats teams like that for lunch. That should be enough to make up for the Jags' offensive short comings for this week anyway.

2 hours ago, b101 said:

1am Sunday morning UK time.

Yikes. And to think I was bitching about the 8:45 p.m. kickoff to the college playoff game on Monday.

On 04/01/2018 at 6:45 PM, b101 said:

Right, TST crew - any predictions for this weekend's games? I will go with the below in no particular order (lots of hoping with the first!).

Falcons 13 - 27 Rams
Panthers 10 - 24 Saints
Titans 6 - 27 Chiefs
Bills 13 - 10 Jags

Three really interesting games IMO (and the Titans matchup) and will be very excited at 1am Sunday morning UK time.

Three for three so far, and the call on the Titans match not being interesting.

This is why I don't normally do predictions!

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 2271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!