IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 164: Played 18 holes of mini golf (yep, really...)

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 416 - March 26, 2019 - Full swing work in the mirror before a lesson (and before lunch). 🙂 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Day 164: Played 18 holes of mini golf (yep, really...)

Did you use your own putter? I admit to doing that! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 447

Played pretty well yesterday, carding a 80. So, today's practice was not to involved.  One of those " if it ain't broke, don't fix it" scenarios.

Just some pitches, lobs, and chips. The chip shots also included some putts. Some of the lobs were full swings. Pitches were 3/4 or less swings. Chips were using my putting stroke per Paul  Runyon's method. 

Just easy swings, while paying attention to my set up, targeted landing areas, club face aim, landing spot reads for the chips, and putt reads. 

Might walk on later today to play 9, or 18. Great playing weather is finally here, and should last for a while. Might as well take advantage of it. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 170, March 26

Mirror work at they gym focusing on setup and hip turn to A4. Also worked on a drill for swinging up with the driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 1: 

Starting over here. Played an abbreviated game of short game 50 (30 instead). Took me far too many balls to get to what I needed to. Hit mostly good shots, but had a 5-6 ball period where I was useless and missed the green two or three times with my pitches. That hurt my score significantly. 

DAY 493     Spent a couple of hours on the range working on more sidebend on the backswing (versus having too flat of a backswing) and initiating my downswing from the ground up.  Making progress... still do not have my full energy, as I come back from the flu.

Then spent a solid hour on the putting green working exclusively with the Pelz Putting Tutor focusing on starting the putt on line.  My tendency is a slight push... so trying to get more on plane.

11 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Did you use your own putter? I admit to doing that! :-P

I brought a real putter ... :whistle:

Day 165: Played 18 today. Shot an 82 with a solid 39 on the back. If I could just warm up before a round...

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 417 - March 27, 2019 - Birthday dinner tonight and a lot of work during the day cut short my available practice time, so I putted while watching TV tonight. Mostly focused on feeling like the putter face stays shut on the backswing. It's about the only thing I ever really work on.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 258:

40 shots only using my driver (Ping G5).  Perhaps the only day fully focused on that club. 12º, so when I hit it well I do get significant rise. And, at least for today, that was not a concern.  

Nor was distance, for the most part a I was achieving a solid 200 yards for the majority of the shots.

What I need to focus on was keeping the shot from not developing a hook. About 80% went well, usually finishing with an acceptable draw, even if they were a tad wider than I would have liked. They all landed within the fairway I set up in the range, They would have been in good position for a second shot.

About 15% were too far to the left.  But they were usually the result of my thinking, or rather, non thinking. to get myself ready for the shot. Most the shot was drawn across my body as I made contact.  I videoed a number of shots.  I saw such things as a bad out to in path and turning way too early in the process. In short, not sliding the hip before the finishing turn.  It was very easy to see that the path the ball took was the one I sent it on.

Much work to do with my coach tomorrow.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 1.  While on a work trip neglected practice.  I'm home now and was able to do my club-across-chest drills tonight.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 448

Did a little bit of (almost) everything this morning. 

Started out at the short game practice area hitting my 9i-lw. Focuses were on set up and club face aim. Used 1/2-3/4 swings. 

While at the short game area, a guy left a basket of range balls scattered all over the area. (range balls are not allowed in the short game practice area) I picked them all up, walked over to the driving range, went through the rest of my bag. Same focuses, only using full swings this time.

After, since my walk back to the truck took me by the practice green, I putted a few balls to the 6 practice pins. 10' to 25'+ footers.  

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 494     Grinding away today working on more sidebend at the top of my backswing AND initiating my downswing with my pelvis.   Spent almost 3 hours on the range working on this over and over and over and over.....   some days you make progress, ... today did not feel like one of those days.  A lot to absorb....   when it does come together I hit it very well, long on target, nice flight...  

Day 259:

As I said yesterday, my coach and I worked on the hook.  We used both a 6i and a driver to make sure I had a good since o using the whole body from backswing to finish.  Focus was on making sure I slid the hips prior to rotating the hips.

Then we looked at weapon path. While I sensed I was hitting outside in, it did not appear so today.  Perhaps the concentration helped.  The swing was not a "cast".

Then the finish. I was somehow bringing the swing across  my body as opposed to finishing towards the target.  I was given an exercise to practice that allowed for both my foot injury and questionable balance.

Results were good. We spent most of the time with the Driver, as that is where the big hook is mainly from. But I felt more unsure after today. I guess I will need to practice it AND concentrate for a while to make it seem normal.

Ah, golf is such a simple game!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 171, March 27

Mirror work and SS training at lunch then some PP work hitting into my net after work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 418 - March 28, 2019 - Worked with the new Orange Whip Lightspeed lighter weight trainer to feel the piece I'm working on in transition. I liked it for this - it provided enough "whippiness" that I could feel it moving in the direction I wanted, and the orange ball was bright enough that I could see the path it traced through impact.

BTW if you buy any Orange Whip products, please use the discount code "thesandtrap" to save about $10. That makes the Lightspeed only $69 (with free shipping).

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 166: Worked on my putting today. Focusing mainly on my bead and a good stroke. I think it’s coming around, actually. 

-- Daniel