IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 452 - April 30, 2019 - Good backswing, move, pump, and downswing day. Lot of good work done in a few minutes. Lower body wasn't doing much at first, but got it going.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 293

An hour at a local course's practice green, mainly to read the green.  This green has a lot of undulation.  Interesting that the actual greens on the course have far less.

Within 6' I did quite well, most dropped and those that did not were simple tap ins.

Beyond 10', the success rate for drops dropped significantly, primarily from misreading the green.  

I do not practice this nearly enough, so more planned for tomorrow.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 12: Full swing mirror work again. Working on my set up and ensuring the club doesn't get too far inside my heads at A1.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

4/30/19 

Day Seven:

I played 18 holes today. I'm pretty sure my index will go down tomorrow. With the 38 and 34 combined from last week, and the 71 I shot today (with a bogey at 18). I'm pretty sure it will. 

5 4 4 4 4 3 3 4 35  4 4 5 4 4 3 3 4 5 36 71

4 birdies, 3 bogeys -1 71

Edited by onthehunt526
didn't finish post

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 483

Worked on uneven lies this morning. Up/down hill lies. Side hill lies with ball above, and below my feet.

The usual focuses. Posture to match the slope as needed. Ball postlition forward or back as needed. Clubing up, or down as needed. Weight distribution on feet as needed. Aiming club face left or right, open/closed of target as needed. Then, just putting a good swing on the ball. Sounds like a lot, but as much as I practice these shots, they are preety much automatic for me.

The goal, like the rest of my specific practices, is to not be surprised when on the course, playing for a score. That, and more shots I have in my bag, the better my scoring. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 528   VERY windy, so my driver fitting was cancelled!! :-(  So I spent a little more than 2 hours on the range working to rotate around my spine rather than sway!!   Many this is taking forever to get right.  I am hitting shots a lot better than 6 months ago, just need to continue to focus on this.  Whenever I get frustrated/depressed.. I remember an article I read about PGA Tour player Tom Pernice, Jr, saying it took him 18 months to make a change in his backswing that he could totally trust.  

5/1/19:

Day Eight:

Index down to 5.9 after revision. I can't possibly keep up this. So today was a take it easy day. Just focusing on that weight shift with arm swings in the mirror. Weight shift is good, no step-through.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

DY 205, May 1

Range work focusing on pre-shot routine and set up. Followed with short game work on pitches and chips. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 453 - May 1, 2019 - Played five holes. Shot 20. 🙂 Misses are balls that over-draw, which is kinda cool…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 13: Still doing full swing mirror work. Working on keeping my head back in transition still.

-- Daniel

Day 294:

Twice around the practice green today, things were a bit better from 10' with a few more dropping, moved the last round back to 12'+ and was about 20%t in on first poke.  So over two days felt good about either sinking them first putt or at least getting them close to tap in range.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 484

Open range practice today for me. Pretty sure this is the way most folks use driving ranges. 

I set up in the middle of the stations, and hit balls using various clubs, to the various flags, located at various yardages. Maybe call it target practice

This gives me the opportunity to use all of the clubs in my bag, with various length back swings.

No real focusing on my part, other than set up, and club face aim. 

I did have a goal, which was land balls near the flags I targeted.  

i also hit a variety of shots. Punches, lobs, full swings, etc.

Just an easy morning practice, prior to round of golf later on today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

5/2/19:

Day Nine:

Chipping, pitching, bunker shots, putting for about 15 or 20 minutes. Then hit full shots with a gap wedge, 8i, 5i, and 5w focusing on my weight shift. Did that for right around 40 minutes. (10 minutes per Club)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 206, May 2

Mirror work at the gym focusing on lower hands at A6. Emphasis on right elbow position. Did some slower swing hitting foam balls with a 6 iron and driver. Hope to get our league 9 in latter, but the weather doesn't look promising.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 529    Only had the chance to spend 90 minutes on the range before the showers!!!  Am feeling better and better about my ball striking.  I am doing a better job rotating my thoraic spine rather than swaying off the ball and swaying forward past the ball on the downswing.  Only a million more reps to go  :-)   Used the step through drill quite a lot today to help me get my weight to the front/left side, and it also really requires me to stay in posture (rotate versus sway) to hit solid shots.

• Administrator

Day 454 - May 2, 2019 -

2576229_UluXS5Xh.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Played 9 holes. Balls just plugged everywhere.

Day 1.  Okay, let's do this again.  I've actually been back for a few days, but I didn't record them here (and those are the rules, no complaints on my part since it's my fault).  

Anyway, today I spent 20 minutes chipping (real grass, real balls, but the green hadn't really been mown or rolled or whatever makes it green-like in a while) and another 20 minutes putting.  If it seems like I'm cramming for a test, I am:  fourball match coming up on Saturday!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 14: Went to the range for about an hour. Spent 30 minutes hitting balls, getting video, and working on translating that feel of my head staying back into live swings. Video looks good on that aspect. Then went and practiced short game for the other half hour. Working on pitching and chipping. Mostly just getting reps to get my feel for speed back to where it should be. I liked what I was doing overall. Need to be a little cleaner when lining up to make sure I'm aiming where I want to.

-- Daniel