IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 11

1 hour 43 minute range session

I incorporated my sklz tempo grip trainer, sklz gold flex, izzo swing trainer band & alignment sticks.

swing drills used - cross arm, 2 Driver drills; 3/4 wedge drill, 

At my lesson Wednesday night i found out i was bailing out on my shots, swinging from my heals and brining the club back to flat inside.

i cut back on using the weighted clubs. 

I am so happy!  Great range session

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 201 - July 17, 2020

Hit enough pitch and chip shots in teaching short game for three hours.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 9: Went back to the range.  This time, I went with a plan of exactly what I was working on, as well as how I was going to divide up the bucket of balls.  Was a very successful session.  I saw some results, got some good (hopefully) video, and felt like I accomplished something.

Will update my swing thread later this evening.

Day 17 (Thurs): Did a bunch of takeaway drills and some mirror work.

Day 18: Long session on my new home setup. Mostly worked on the connected backswing with a sprinkling of a few drills to begin working on combating the early extension. 

Day 220

Smorgasbord of practice today. Used Mevo a bunch. Hit some 5, 7, and 9 irons off the mat with pre-shot routine before each shot. Then moved to 3h and did the same thing. Finished with driver, same drill.

Switched Mevo to pitching mode and worked on chips/pitches for awhile, mostly just trying to get consistent distance of 10, 15, 20 yards. Mevo didn’t pick up some of the shorter shots.

Finished with a little putting In my living room. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 12:

Played 18.  I sucked horribly bad.  Like horrific 

- Dean

Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

Day 19: Played 18. Might do some connected backswing stuff or work on developing a few feels for my early extension.

Day 31.  Played 18 holes at Hansen Dam with some friends.  Note that I cannot warm up putting at the golf course I played, as they closed their practice greens.  

Shot an 81.  The second nine 39 is, I believe, my first sub-40 nine holes since February.  Hit 9 GIR, not including the two fringes I hit (I don't count them as GIR).  I can think of one approach shot and two short-game shots I'd like back:  topped a 4-wood on hole 5, leading to my first six of the day;  hit just short of the green (putter in hand, not on of the fringes) on hole 6, left the putt 15' short, and had a gap wedge into the short par-4 11th but left it 50 feet short (pin was back right, I hit green front left).   

But overall I'm very happy with how I played, including how balanced it was.  I see I have an Evolvr lesson waiting for me, and I'll continue practicing my putting that really was good today.  

1060399411_Screenshot(27).thumb.png.7ed8bd926f8cafc30de5f0e485cefd77.png

Putting highlights included a 12' par save on #1 and a 12' birdie putt made on #12.   I'm not sure I'd claim that I had short game highlights or approach highlights today;  for the latter, steadily hitting on or near is great (9 GIR + 2 fringes + 5 other near-GIR that weren't fringes, and one of the other two holes is a par-4 I can't typically reach in two anyway, and I pitched to 15' or so on my third shot).  Blasted a great drive on #18 that barely trickled into the rough but was great anyway. 

And here's the round itself:

2922645_5StWiQph.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 140 - Worked on secondary axis tilt at set up for a few minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 33

Played 18 holes at Hidden Lake.

Day 34

Played another 18 there today in a 4 man scramble tournament.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 221

Played 18 in a tournament. Scored 88 (net +5). Best ball striking round in a few months, but was terrible on the greens. Only had one bad hole - par 3, tee shot shanked OB, next ball on the green, 4 putts for 7.

Used LSW strategy on all my tee shots, aimed center of green on all approach shots, and made extensive use of my partial wedge distances taped on the shafts.

If it weren’t for the single OB penalty, multiple 3-putts from inside 15 feet, probably would have at least scored net par. I’ll need some sort of personal best and help from the field in the final round tomorrow, but regardless, I’m pretty satisfied with how I played off the tee, approaching the green, and short game. 

-Peter

Day 12:

Played 18.  I sucked horribly bad.  Like horrific 

Day 13:

Played 18.  Stayed focused on what was on in my lessons. Front 8nwas challenging but the Back 9 it started paying divideds.  Fun round

- Dean

Day 141 - worked secondary axis tilt feel at address for a few minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 222

Played 18 in R2 of a tournament today. Ended up in 6th place (edit: 10th place, forgot there were still 2 groups still on the course when I finished :doh:)

Kept to my LSW game plan off the tee. Had chances to use plenty of partial wedges into greens. Had some putts I’d like do overs on, but aside from that, really satisfied with how I played. 

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter