IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

23/1/18 - 5 minutes on indoor work on full swing positions, trying to get as much width as possible targeting a straight left arm at A4 and 5 minutes on setup work for putting, trying to keep left shoulder level with right, feeling like my left shoulder is trying to get into my ear (thanks to Preston for that awesome feel)! Will hopefully get a bit more done tomorrow, but we'll see...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 23  January 23    Continued with the 10,000 putt challenge -- made 100 from both 3 and 5 feet.  The hit 144 balls on the range trying out the Swing Caddie SC200... and drills working on staying in my posture during the swing.   Played the front nine at Twisted Oaks and was even par (8 pars).

13 hours ago, Lihu said:

15 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated.

Got a couple swings to really “kick” and am trying to reproduce them with as little effort as possible.

Went to the range, but left my Mevo charging in the kitchen.

Hit quite a few balls using the new setup and slower feeling swing. Then did some short game work.

My coach is quitting the business, so I’ll have to adapt to a new one. :angry:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On 1/23/2018 at 6:21 AM, Lihu said:

15 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated.

Got a couple swings to really “kick” and am trying to reproduce them with as little effort as possible.

20 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated.

Taking clinics again starting tonight. Probably sign up my daughter since her coed Golf season is about to begin.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 23.

Just did an old fashion swing drill for several minutes to day.

From my adress position I would swing back half way, making sure the toe of the club was pointing some what straight up. From there I would swing back down, and through, stopping half way up again, while seeing the club toe, again pointing some what straight up .

I would repeat this swing motion, back, and forth 6 times with out stopping. After 6 times, I would start over again from my address position. 

The idea is to keep all my swing body parts working well with each other. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 24

I see my yesterday post didn't post for some reason. Pretty sure I hit the submit button. Anyway, it posted today. 

Today I was able to do some chipping practice on a decent green, in decent weather. I made it my "one putt chip practice" day.

Once warmed up, the idea was to chip balls  from various distances/spots, to different flags. No chips were hit back to back from the same spot. Target flags were rotated after each shot. Each chip involved my preshot/address routines. Some had breaks that I needed to read, just like I would for a putt. Others were straight, uphill, down hill, shorter, and longer. Each chip was a new shot. 

Once I chipped 14 balls, the focus then became to 1 putt a ball into the targeted hole. I did this with 56 balls. 4 of those were chip ins. 28 were one putts. The rest were 2 putts. 

It was a good practice session. 

In My Bag:

24/1/18 - 5 minutes only today but spent the time working on more slow motion positions and feeling the width - also checked wrist angles in the mirror and they’re completely the opposite to what I thought at A4. Learn something new every day!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1/24/18:

More work with my path drill with the soda bottles today. Did the longer club version with a 5-iron. Didn't hit the bottles at all in my 10 minutes of practice today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 24-1

i missed yesterday

10 minutes today working on 3-6 foot putts. Working on aim and stroke. (Bead and speed)

My goal is to eliminate 3 putts. When weather permits more chipping practice, my goal is to get everything within 3 feet, whether on or near the green.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, dbuck said:

Day 24-1

i missed yesterday

You do get to miss some…

On 12/31/2017 at 6:25 PM, iacas said:
  • When you've gone four weeks (28 calendar days) in a row, missing at most two days, make your post in bold, red text to let everyone know that you're on a streak.

26 out of 28 is what's required. Two days every four weeks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/24/2018 at 6:29 AM, Lihu said:

20 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated.

Taking clinics again starting tonight. Probably sign up my daughter since her coed Golf season is about to begin.

15 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Finally put the Mevo back into my bag for a planned range session with my new setup.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Day 25.

Did something a little different today. I did my pump drill using all my clubs. Well almost all of them, since I didn't use my putter. 

All the way to the top. Then halfway down maintaining wrist cock. Then back to the top again. Then all the way down, through the impact, and on into my follow through. No ball was used. I did this 5 times with each (13) club in a slow manner. 

Now here's the different part. After I swung each club, I cleaned the club head, and the grip. After the cleaning, I grabbed another club, and started over with the drill. The old two birds with one stone scenario. 

In My Bag:

Day 24  January 24.    I practiced on the range for 30 minutes trying to continue to turn into my right side versus sway.  Then play 18 holes at World Woods Pine Barren course.   I hit the ball like a hack!!  Shot 79.   Today all my intense practice did not pay off with good ball striking.  However, I putted well, so my participation in the 10,000 putting challenge is paying off.

I did not post this yesterday as I fell asleep very early.   If this means I miss a day I understand.

Day 25  January 25.   I attended the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, as a guest.   Spent some high quality time with the folks at Game Golf, KVest and DECADE.   Then I came home and practiced my putting on a ruler for about 15 minutes.   BTW, looking forward to getting the new version of Game Golf to replace my existing one when it comes out in mid April.  It is a fantastic improvement.

1/25/18:

300 Days in a row.

I worked on the path drill today with a 7-iron with the soda bottles today for a bit before I switched to the wedge version. Didn't hit the bottles at all in 20 minutes between the two drills. Spring can't come fast enough. I wonder how this will go out on the golf course.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 25

Ten minutes putting, working on aim and stroke, I did some work at 3 feet with the ruler, then fort her back withou.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

15 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Finally put the Mevo back into my bag for a planned range session with my new setup.

15 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Took the Mevo to the range, but the balls were wet and Srixon 1pc at 60F, and I was kind of too lazy to dry off each one. :-P

So, the new setup seemed to make no difference. My carry distances were more reasonable. There were some misreads and funny spin numbers that I “verified” as funny watching identical ball flights giving very different spins. I didn’t use the stickers yesterday.

Here’s my 9i for reference

18EF294C-2304-4CD2-9B39-2763E749CDC4.thumb.png.7f07acafaa98c0074916042313545cf0.png

PW:

Note that the first and last readings had identical flights.

4A2421E7-49F0-413F-AFA0-CC49096F6C95.thumb.png.61dfc2cb8f89f3c6ab28cc27f6c0495b.png

Just looked at previous data I took, and the SF numbers look the same. Just some no reads...

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Day 26

Took an early morning walk on an Oregon beach this morning. Weather was breezy, with intermittent rain. Very relaxing. 

Had my 6i with me,  and a few balls. Basically chased  balls  I hit off the firm, and soft sand, down the beach, a mile or so, and then back. 

Focus was just hitting balls with extra clothing on. My next few rounds will probably be in this type of weather. Nice easy, in balance swings is all I was looking for. That, and giving the Seagulls something to squawk at. 

In My Bag:

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Patch said:

Day 26

Remember you can start making them red after 26 out of last 28 days are completed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets