IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 388

Started working on my priority piece, but I was hitting the ball really terribly and decided to just do some pitching practice instead, so did that for about 20 minutes.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 6 - Not my best day.  Some early drills turned into mostly mindless swinging with limited returns.  Hopefully will come back tomorrow after a good night's sleep with a better mindset.

Day 35  January 7th.    Started with hitting chips shots for 90 minutes working mostly on Tempo, the did some speed training, then putting for an hour all focused on 4 footers and then a couple of lag putt assessments.  Then to the range for 3 hours.  Spent most of the time with drills from the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge, then 30 plus minutes of wedges to targets at 55 and 75 yards,...then fished by blasting 15 drivers.  Now for dinner!!

Day 85: Worked on my drill for about 10 minutes, then collected MEVO data for 8, 9 and PW. In the afternoon, worked on rhythm hitting partial wedge and short iron shots.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 4 - more backyard drills today.  Focusing with "real" golf balls (grandson at the course with his dad while I had to hang tight for a conference call with work) on chips/pitches with the PW.   Goal today - to land the balls within a 10' circle (5' in all directions) of the flag.  Overall - worked on consistent motion, setting balls at different distances to amend the swing length.  Of the 30 or so shots taken, approx 75% were within the circle.  The main misses were either short from flipping or long from sculling the ball slightly.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 5 - more Blast putting work at work. Also, started working on taking club back with right elbow leaving body sooner so as to not have it hinge early. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 374 - January 7, 2021

Full swing SuperSpeed stuff (posted in that topic), and then 15 balls with a 6-iron just working on the backswing, as usual. I think I might stick with the backswing until the middle of the month, then do transition/downswing work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 389

Did a superspeed workout today and documented in TST superspeedsters google sheet.

Also did some work on my priority piece with 6-iron. My goal right now for this piece is to hit the ball to the right since I have been shutting the clubface and hitting pulls and pull hooks. I have a target hanging from my net with a line down the center which is a dead straight start line from where the ball sits on the mat. Started off struggling to make good contact, but then recalled my lesson note where instructor told me to not worry about guiding the clubhead so much, and just to trust the swing. This thought relaxed me a bit, and hit the ball pretty well after that with 18 out of 20 balls starting off the to the right.

Picked up my new LAB Golf putter today, so did a little goofing around in the living room as well.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 7 - More swinging. Really starting to be able to feel starting the downswing with the left hip back. Also need more focused practice habits. Make sure there is an achievable goal before each session starts. 

Day 6 - taking the club back & up with focus on detaching the right elbow from my side (which causes a premature hinge)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 86: Worked on my drill, then on rhythm with the Blast Golf device with 7 iron and driver. Then did SuperSpeed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8 - Worked on backswing.  Trying to keep the club head outside of my hands on the takeaway, and then use body and forearm rotation to bring club to the top of the backswing.  Also limited myself to 20 minutes.  Kept the session focused on the one skill.

DAY 36   January 8th.    Went to the range eventhough the weather was cold and windy (well for Florida).  I spent a couple of hours working through positions in the swing doing drills and then hitting balls. Too chilly to continue so now home, and will work on my swing in the garage for a while... specifically on the backswing turn, and also balance.

Day 5 - Continued focus on the backyard drills between the rain this morning and the rain this evening.   Also worked on "putting" with a wedge - i.e. hitting low runners at mid ball from rough areas at distances from a couple yards out to about 5 yards out.  Tomorrow - if all holds, I may actually get to play a practice round with full swings.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Well Day 1 again 😎

Started out with a Gold Flex warm up session, back and forth full swinging, core and standard swing

Worked on clubs from 9 iron thru Driver.  Hit each of them with this pattern 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 swing hitting the ball.  Once this was done I focused on my 2 Utility Iron, 5 Wood and Driver all with a 3/4 swing.

I really enjoy practicing, now I need to get back into a consistent flow

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

Day 375 - January 8, 2021

Backswing stuff, though I had to remember to flow forward again a bit today, so I might switch to transition/downswing stuff earlier than the 20th. Maybe next week.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets