IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 441:

Played 18 today. Not a good day, necking the ball almost every swing, and a few shanks mixed in. Need to get some video to see what has changed. Been hitting the ball off the center during all my practice sessions. I did add a birdie to the TST 2021 birdie challenge at least.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 52 - rehearsed backswings in the kitchen with 7i with focus on getting the Right elbow straight and off my side early.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 54 (Feb 28 2021) - full swings with the 7i in the backyard (limited flight foam balls) along with some chips.   Short and sweet practice as day was busy with a ton of other things to be done.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 427 - February 28, 2021

Hit about 40 balls today. I think I'm overdoing the shift.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11!

After dinner,  

1. Backswing work A1 to A2 feeling the weight shift to my right foot. Did ball drill, pushing the ball back after weight shift. 
2. Make backswing with left wrist facing away from me. Feels facing down at the ground from A1 to A2.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 56 - Reviewed some video of my recent swings, still not getting enough hip turn in the backswing. So I took some swing with an alignment rod through my belt loops, really getting as open as I can. 

Day 7.  Spent ten minutes hitting about as many balls with a 6-iron.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.  Even though my ball striking is pretty good lately, I don't want to let it falter.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 137: Rainy day so I went to the covered range. I hit what appeared to be replicas of asteroids from the Kuiper Belt. There were mostly spherical or oblong and had marks from recent meter hits. The really didn’t resemble golf balls which is unfortunate because that is what I wanted to hit. Needless to say I worked mostly on my drill and aim. Short irons and wedges weren’t affected by the out of round balls as much as the driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 53 - range day. Working on straighter right elbow off the side early in BS. I haven’t hit this well in a LONG time. It was nice. Actually enjoyed it unlike last couple of range trips 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 12!

Some mirror work with my windows. Working on weight shift right. Having the swing slow down into A4, and re-centering the weight at A4

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 428 - March 1, 2021

Hit balls for about 45 minutes (and talked for about 30 minutes) this morning. I simplified and shortened. Liked what I was able to do.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 442:

Seems like the little strain around the left side of my collarbone is gone, so started superspeed again today. First I warmed up by alternating 30 balls of COVID-19 day-5 drill and full swings with a 6-iron. Then did superspeed workout, followed by about 15 balls with Driver/Mevo.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 8.  Spent ten minutes hitting 8-iron and 6-iron indoors, off a mat, into a net.  Took about as many minutes.  Then, I wandered out back to do Speed Sticks.  I haven't read the rules of that encouragement role, but I should:  my last time (before a few minutes ago) using speed sticks, or at least measuring it, was October 25.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 138: Wicked frickin’ cold and windy today so I work on chips, pitches and alignment inside.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 55 (Mar 02 2021) took yesterday off - went back to Day 3 of the 30 Day Covid-19 plan.  Know I still keep trying to collapse the trail arm - this is a good revisit to the drills from last April.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 53 - Blast putting in office for rhythm 

-Jonny