IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 73.  More wall drill at breaks.  It feels weird to be back to practicing without a club in my hands, and the position I move to is definitely feeling weird ... which is probably a good sign, I need to remind myself. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 207: Played 18 solo this am. I’m really surprised the course wasn’t crowded at all. Caught up to a twosome, but they were playing fast. Had a rough front 9, but excellent back 9 for a 45/37=82. Played a lot of 3/4 approach shots with everything up to a 5 iron. Also used a 3/4 5 iron on two really down hill par 3 holes that were about 150-155 to the center.

Had one great up and down on a tough par 4. My drive was dead center of the fairway when it landed, but roll hard left. I had to punch out to about 95 out but very uphill. Pitched a 3/4 gap wedge to 3 feet.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 121 (7 May 21) - Different style of wedge drill today as I worked all three holes in my backyard from different distances.  The holes (constructed from boat cup holders with a driveway marker as the flagstick) form a triangle that is 24 paces on one side, 27 paces on the 2nd and 30 paces on the last.  I also mow the area around them extra close to "simulate" natural grass greens - definitely not the bent grasses of a regular course, but a good simulation.   Taking the shag bag, the 50, the 54 and the 58 I worked all three holes from one side of the triangle with each wedge - roughly 35 shots to each hole with each wedge.  Worked on feeling the bounce, stance and ball placement.  Thankfully the grass in my yard offers the gamut from hardpan/tight lies to lush rough lies.  The distances worked was anywhere from about 10yards up to 30-35 yards depending on where I was from the hole directly away.  Combine this with the tulip tree that offers a real obstacle and you have the makings for a good time.  Took about an hour and a half to work through the shots.  It was all about getting the ball up and down, stopping at or near the hole. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 35 (5/7/21) - 9-hole league tonight. I can't seem to translate good drives on the range to good drives on the course and threw away a number of shots tonight. It didn't help that I had had a really busy day which included cutting the lawn. Like they say......golf is hard.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 496 - May 7, 2021

Putting while packing for the NCAA National Championship.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 74.  More wall drill.  Hopefully the picture is changing because I want to get back to hitting actual golf balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 507:

More work on backswing priority piece, “Justin Rose” rehearsals, hitting foam balls with slow swings. Tomorrow will be video check day. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 208: Worked on my priority piece with 6 iron and driver. Did a lot of slow reps trying to get the feel of keeping in my primary axis tilt through impact. Used my left foot pushing my left hip back to keep my ‘butt against the wall’. Need to dial that feel in for the course when things go awry.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 35 (5/8/21) - PuttOut challenge - took 47 tries to make 6 perfect putts. Even though they are short putts (1'-6') I focused on speed (making sure my back swing and through swing distances were the same), tempo and strike.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 1 (because I didn't get at least 5 minutes of practice in and I'm not counting going to the gym at practice, haha).

Listening to some Tara Brooks while working on my stance and my new device for the backswing.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 122 (8 May 21) - played 18 today by myself, as it was late in the day decided to mix things up.  On the approach shots of less than 280, I purposed to go in with the irons.  Too many rounds I “default” to the long sticks -fairways and hybrids.  Today was about making the most of my iron play...this was a valuable lesson in working the shots with the most separation value. Shot a 95, decent for me.  Nothing like - 3w off the tee, 7i approach and an 8i to chip on from about 15 yards out that rolled about 20’ past...of course I still 3 putted for a double, greens were super fast...today was definitely a LSW day of application. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 508:

Indoor putting bead drill, and some backswing work outdoors, slow swings hitting foam balls. 

-Peter

Day 75.  More wall drill, plus I set up to a ball with my 6-iron (on a mat, but I didn't downswing and hit the ball at any point).  I set up, took the backswing, incorporating what I was getting out of the wall drill.  The thing I really noticed when I got to the top is that my club isn't as far over-extended (seriously, some of those face-on videos looked like I was trying to be John Daly). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 509:

Played 18 today, solid round overall. Tried to not have any technical thoughts in my swing, but did use pre-shot rehearsal to reinforce certain feels.

-Peter

Day 209: Mother’s Day so I stayed home and repeated yesterday’s work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 123 (9 May 21) - took it easy today with just some chip shots in the back yard.  Took about 40 swings in groups of five back and forth across the yard.  Focused on keeping movements to a minimum (not handsy, flippy, super weight shifty).  It was a good relaxing 1/2hr to 45min.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 76.  Wall drill and I also hit some balls.  Foam balls, off a mat, and a few real ones, focusing on my backswing (SLOWLY) feeling like the wall drill.  I think I hit some of the balls fat.  Probably because I'm not entirely sure what to do for the downswing.  I'll get some video soon of me doing the wall drill and attempting to swing with it and I'll send it to Evolvr for a checkup. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 36 (5/10/21) - Mothers' Day travel, so I took yesterday off. Today putting practice: 8" back and 8" through to a metronome set at 60 bpm. Then 5' putts on the PuttOut mat with 8" back and through stroke and made 6 perfect putts out of about 20 putts. Note all putts would have been holed.

Also, worked on the basic motion for the "Justin Rose Drill" ( thanks Darkfrog) which I will try on the range tomorrow.