iacas

Day 140 (29 May 21) - concerted work on putter tempo today using metronome app on phone.  Realized that I am more comfortable at 63bpm versus 68bpm.  Once settled on tempo - worked distances at 3’, 4’ and 5’ distances on the indoor putting mat....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 4- May 29, 2021

Played 27 holes today. 45⁰ and cold. Shot about 5 over for the 27 holes. Couldn't get a gauge on the distance on how much the cold and damp was effecting the distance... I think I finally figured it out with about 3 holes left. 125 yard 9-irons and Nutting a wedge on 3 and knocking it the water, normally on a 70⁰ day the wedge makes it no problem... I learned my lesson on 8 and hit a stock 9-iron into a cold northeast breeze 123 yards to 15 feet. 5 bogeys, 1 double, 1 birdie, no sixes in 27 holes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 528:

Worked on downswing with foam balls using LVP camera face on. Pretty happy with progress. Impact looks a little flippy when club face piece isn’t executed well, but getting better. Play 18 in the morning so we’ll see how it goes with real balls. 

Day 529:

Played 18. Hit a bunch of really flush approach (iron) shots...after terrible tee shots. Putting/short game pretty good today. Need to work on clubface/downswing.

Day 56 (5/30/21) - Second rainy day in a row.  Did slow motion, partial swings inside focusing on moving the club with my footwork, rather than my hands, focusing on getting a pendulum like motion back and forth with a good rhythm.

Day 141 (30 May 21) - worked on line drill with the 9i...focusing on making contact with the ground 1-2” after the line “mowing the grass” so to speak.  Much improved over a year ago when such drills were more about digging holes behind the line.  

Day 5, May 30, 2021.

Indoor waist high to waist high swings, mainly focused on weight shift and balance. Hit some foam balls, which my cats enjoyed.

Day 96.  The medal play portion of my club's match play championship was today.  I played okay... 7 GIR, but a really bad stretch 9-10-11 (+8 total over that realm).  Qualified for the match play portion on the number.   Parred the first hole, something I did not do yet this year or in 2020 (about ten rounds total in that time, so this isn't as bad as it sounds).  Still no birdies at the home course this year, but I gave a few some good looks :-)  

Day 1 - after not touching a club (literally) for 2 weeks, I hit yesterday and give myself a B+ with irons, A w/driver.  This morning did a two ball drill (one ball 1/2” to outside of object ball) to reinforce and inside-out path as I’ve been coming more outside-in lately. 

Day 6, May 31, 2021

Practiced the shorter feeling swing, with the focus of still getting the weight forward.

Day 142 (31 May 21) -  Came across some video/article stuff by Peter Croker and his swing method.  Figured I would try his process on chipping - focusing on the takeaway process, very similar to the Covid 30 Day challenge. 

Day 57 (5/31/21) - Some chipping practice in the yard; slow full swings in the house earlier today.

Day 97.  I spent half an hour putting (on a real green).  6' drill first, took 45 putts to sink from the 12 positions -- this is awful (and indicative of my putting this past weekend).  I then took 16 to sink from 4', which is better but I need to work on that.

I also need to establish a plan for the rest of my putting.  GG tells me I can save something like three strokes a round if I improve my "10 to 33 foot" putts... not quite sure what to do for that :-)  I'll probably break it into 10-15' and also 25-33'. 

• Administrator

Day 520 - May 31, 2021

Stack System work and a bunch of mirror work re-emphasizing acceleration/deceleration points and overall tempo.

Day 230: Played 18 this morning with another player for a change. Played ok, but driver was squirrelly again. Went to the range after and worked on set up again.