IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 15:

Mirror work on backswing and indoor putting on the rugs in my vacation rental.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 258: Played 18 again this morning, a real muggy, buggy, sweat fest. Played poorly and GG acted up not syncing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 93(7/08/21) - To NKGC putting green for chipping and putting practice. Practiced with 3 balls chipping from different lies to each target hole, then putted out. Finished by sinking 3 x 4' putts in a row from around a hole on a slopped part of the green. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 16:

Got out for a morning 9, played poorly, but I’ll chalk it up to being at 6500 ft and not really knowing my distances, and then spent a little time on the range working on downswing stuff and trying to get a sense of 7-iron carry at this elevation. 

-Peter

Day 12 (08 Jul 21) - Elsa came a calling - so I opted to stay in for the day.  Picked up the putter and worked on rolling the ball along the white line of the putting matt.  Can go up to 9', so this can get interesting.  To mix it up a little - I hit 12 with the Odyssey DF992 and then 12 with the Odyssey White Steel #5.  Kept rotating back and forth between the two clubs.  Very different feel for sure.  Final part of the drill was on lag control by using the ramp and top deck of the matt to get the ball to either stop or just roll off the back into the return.  I judged it a success if it "plopped" into the track.  If I was too easy on the stroke the ball would roll up and then roll back down the hill.  Figured this will help with my speed control as I have had a number of lip outs in recent rounds and figured controlled speed into the cup is a major key.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 134.  Two separate ten-minute practice sessions (indoors, off a mat, into the net, real balls) with a 6-iron;  same focus as yesterday (full swing, retaining gains).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 558 - July 8, 2021

Did my Stack System stuff, plus a lot of swings with my 1/2" PVC pipe. Will focus on the backswing, length, and transition for the next 8 or 9 days. Woooooo!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 44. July 8, 2021

Foam balls practice with the feet closer together, then a little further apart and so on… probably 20 minutes of this today. Still not worried about some online badge I’m doing this for me.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 17:

Got out for a morning 9 again. Big improvement in ball striking but still misjudging distances at elevation. Two meltdown holes cost me a decent score, but happy with improvement. Hit the range afterward and worked on downswing and observed trajectory. 

-Peter

Day 94(7/09/21) - It has rained hard for most of today, so no 9-hole league tonight. Instead, I did PuttOut mat practice and some chipping motion practice.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 259: Worked on tempo today. When I get nervous or agitated because I’m sweating buckets and gnats are flying in my face, I rush things. So today I worked on slowing the backswing down with an even tempo three count. Started with chips with the 54, then 8 iron and 6 iron. Moved to longer backswings with 6 iron and driver. Filmed them. For the full swings, I tried to really reach high and then let my weight land on my left leg before starting my downswing or that ‘feel’.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 559 - July 9, 2021

Short wide backswings with my backswing and transition feels. Good 45 minutes of practice today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 135.  More indoor maintenance practice;  6-iron, etc. Same as the past few days. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 45, July 9, 2021

I guess putting is a glaring weakness for me because I hit 9/18 GIR and shot 78. Not one birdie. I think I’m gonna hit the practice green and range a little more in the next week.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 13 (09 Jul 21) - Work on the swing motion today without a club in hand.  Focused on the hands and coming through the swing.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 18:

Played another morning 9. Still can’t grasp the distance/spin change at ~6500 ft, especially on partial wedges. But struck the ball really crisply today after some range work the previous two days focusing on recentering/flow and clubface control. Birdied both par-5 holes after having eagle putts on both, and finished +1.

-Peter

Day 136.  Before heading out for the day, I found ten minutes to continue the rehearsal of the short backswing and hit a few balls indoors at home. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 95 (7/10/21) - A short one today, working on ways to hit a high chip shot (like a flop chip). Its an interesting, and learning, experience to experiment to see what can be done with a wedge to hit a variety of shots.