IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

5 hours ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

DAY 135.    Spent 10 minutes on the putting green working on long putts.  After warming up on the range I played 18 holes.     GRRRR.... I hit a lot of good shots, but a few clunkers were mixed in.   Just motivation for more range work. :-)

I had some extra time this evening so I spent 2 1/2 hours on the putting green doing a drill and some assessments.  Tomorrow more range work.    The assessment was from the Elite Golf Improvement Program by the founders of Pro Tour Golf College.  Overall you have to hit 260 putts.   I did a small part of it by hitting 40 putts from 3 feet and 6 feet, counting the number made. The set up is 10 putts from each of four corners around the hole.   I made all 40 from 3 feet (the goal is 100%), and 34/40 from 6 feet (the goal for 6 feet is 32 or 80%).  Tomorrow I will do the same at 9 and 12 feet...where the goals are 60% and 40%.   Then on to the distance control drill involving hitting 100 putts total into a 3 foot circle around the hole from various distances. 

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Between rain squalls I stepped out back and worked on my 3 wood swing, and pitching wedge. Took about ten swings with my 3 then chipped back and forth with my wedge a few times. Went back and forth a few times until the rain came then went back inside until the next break where I went back out and repeated my drills. It happens in the spring sometimes. 

Aloha,

iSank

Edited by iSank
Erased emoji that did not work

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

95 for 95 in 2018. Day 5 of Year Two.

4/5/18:

Day 370:

Did some A4 to A5 work before putting Alina on the bus this morning. Most of the keep the right elbow close to my body stuff, I have been doing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 51 - 6ft putts for bead and speed with new grip. Watching Masters!!!!!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 12 - Mirror work then yoga for golf. Weather is not cooperating for any outdoor work. It poured yesterday, it's freezing today and tomorrow it may snow! :mad:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 95, Perfect weather. 

More putting for me this day. Only difference is I went to another course for practice on greens I am not familiar with. 

Same practice routine. Practicing distance control in 4-12-20 +/- foot increments.

Focus was to make the shorter ones, and get really close on the longer one. I use my head turn to give me an idea on how far back to take my putter. 

Also worked on green reads. I don't use any special technique to read breaks. I just look at what I think I am seeing. If it looks like a 10" break, I add a couple more inches to find my starting line. Even that depends on the amount of break, and the distance the ball has to travel. On a 5' break, I might add as much as 2'. 

On shorter putts, I just putt the ball through the break. No fear. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day eight: lots of medicine ball swings and position/exaggerated feel work in front of the Masters. Probably about half an hour's worth.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

DAY 136    Spent 3 hours on the putting green.. working with the Putting Tutor, then a 100 ball distance control drill from Pro Tour Golf College where I scored 96/100, followed by making 21/40 putts from 9 feet.  Lunch..    Two hours on the range working through my GGGA Motion Drills... specifically trying to getting my thoracic spine to turn more....   Then 10 holes of golf -- playing 2 balls one from the White Tees and the other from the Blue Tees.  Almost 7 hours of work today.   Felt great about the progress.

• Administrator

Day 62 - April 5, 2018 - Continued work on the backswing, and a little on the downswing, as seen here:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2:

Worked on “changing the picture” today. Used a 6 Iron and worked on slow swings/feels that help my elbow positions on the downswing. My Swing thread has the details. 

Day 5 April 5th

did the 9 to 3 Drill emailed from revo golf today, I’ve seen a few pics of my left arm being bent at impact so I’m really trying to practice correct form, then got in a few full swings with my 6I. Then chipped around the back yard without breaking anything but bad habits. 

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Day 52 - 35ft putts for speed with new grip. Watching Masters!!!!!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 96. Out early to beat the heat....lol It might hit 90* today, but I doubt it. 

Just more putting on unfamiliar greens. Focus was on distance control, and reading lines. 

The test was using one ball, and using the 8 practice pins. Made up an 18 hole layout. Clockwise, then counter clock wise. 36 pins, with 5, three putts

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 3

Hit the short game area today for 20-25 minutes on my lunch break. I hit two bags of balls (I bring my own to the SG area) working on proper pitching technique and utilizing the glide of the golf club (used my 60* LW). I hit pitches to various holes on the green, and really liked the results. One of the best pitching/chipping practice sessions I have ever had. 

Day nine: an evolvr response meant tweaks to my putting stance and lots of work getting used to that with the Visio template. Great to get the feedback and probably spent about 30 mins on it over the course of the evening 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

96 for 96 in 2018. Day 6 of Year Two.

4/5/18:

Day 371:

Did some A4 to A5 work before work this morning. Most of the keep the right elbow close to my body stuff, I have been doing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

DAY 137   Spent 3 hours on the range working on downswing sequence and improving my overall motion using drills from my GGGA Workbook.  Then played 9 holes.  The course was crowded so I joined a couple of seniors and played from the senior tees for the last 4 holes.  WOW!  A lot easier to score from 5300 yards... maybe not as I was only 1 under par for those four holes :-)

• Administrator

Day 63 - April 6, 2018 - Continued work on the backswing, and a little on the downswing. Tried to do Brian's feeling without exaggerating it too much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets