IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 121:

Lesson this morning. I've kind of managed to quiet my flip at impact with better palmar flexion, but still have have to improve delivery/impact.

First thing was my instructor had me try were some stance adjustments to help with hip motion; a slightly open stance and/or opening my feet a bit (more bowlegged), which felt a little odd at first, but pretty quick adaption after a few balls. I will experiment with different degrees of both and see what works best.

One of the feels we worked on in the lesson was a super exaggerated move toward the target with the lead side (but not head), kind of like the Smooth Criminal music video dance but to the side. In slow rehearsals this made me feel like I was going to fall over, but when putting this feel into a moderate speed swing, it improved delivery/impact position. Over the duration of the lesson I got pretty good at doing this with 7-iron.

I really struggled executing this with hybrid. When I get hybrid, 3W, or driver in my hands, I often rush transition and overswing, so I need to work on smoothing the motion out with the longer clubs. I'll definitely spend some time working on longer clubs this time around.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 158 (16 May 22) - More wedge work in the backyard today with the 52 and 58.  Worked on swing speed, focusing on not "giving up" or "slowing down".  Kept the swing lengths to 1/4 to 1/2.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 197, May 16, 2022

Hit about 30 balls downtown before lessons. DIdn't hit the new PXGs. I'll try those outside first. I don't like "breaking in" a club by hitting it off a mat. 😉 (There's no such thing, I'm just saying… I'd rather chunk it off grass than a mat for my first shots, ha ha.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 201 - Spent about 2 hours at the North Kingstown range and practice green.

1) Range - Practiced with the primary clubs which I use for approach shots: PW, 9i, 7i, 6H, 11W, 9W and HW. Today's challenge was a strong headwind blowing slightly left to right. The final 5 balls I hit with driver with a face powdered with spray on foot powder. Strikes were very consistent, but in front of the sweet spot.

2) Putting - Played Broadie's 5' game, scoring 12 points in 10 holes.

3) Played 9-holes of chip and putt, scoring a 3-under 24. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day - 04 - Went to the range today at lunch. Worked on backswing axis tilt, and swing length. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 159 (17 May 22) -played 18 at Minnesott from the whites.  Focus was on iron play after tee shots.  Made some good shots, some not so good.  Seeing more consistency from shot to shot, hole to hole.  Making progress as GIR percentage is moving up.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 72.  At lunch break today, I spent 20 minutes hitting clubs;  6-iron, 9-iron, 3-H, and LW.  Real balls, off a mat, into a net, indoors.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

day 72: was an hour on the range, practicing driver and then bunker shots with a friend of mine.. 

cheers Chris

Day 577: Played in a scramble today in comical winds. Had a lot of fun with friends I hadn’t seen since last fall. I was a little hooky at the start with the driver, but worked it out after a few holes. Made a few really nice approach shots and short game chipping was very good. Had a couple of chunky shots too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 36 & 37

Forgot to post an update yesterday, but did practice. Worked on rotation mostly yesterday. Nothing crazy. Played today. Driver swing is back. Struck the ball well. Putted just fine. But the greens just weren't rolling nicely. Bumpy. They apparently had treated them and didn't cut them. Shot +3 this week. Will take it. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

• Administrator

Day 198, May 17, 2022

Slow motion while watching TV to get the early takeaway down better. Feeling good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 122:

Worked on my new-old piece from last lesson, half swings, trying to go slow, really exaggerating the weight forward. 

-Peter

Day 578: Worked on my priority pieces again with a slow swing practice. Getting used to the setup feel with more bend in the knees and weight over toes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 202 - Did Day 1 of the 30 day practice plan today. I am really trying to ingrain the feeling of beginning the swing with my palm and club face pointing down as I feel like my not consistently doing so is causing inconsistent shots.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

day 73: couldn't go to the range, as I picked up my mom and her partner from the airport (they flew over to visit me).. so I practiced putting during the day on my mat

cheers Chris

Day 73.  Between times at the office today, I snuck home to spend a dozen minutes between my 6-iron and 3-hybrid in my indoors practice room.  The usual.

(I'm actually going to sneak to the practice green between now and when I go back to the office later today, but we can't count later events on this challenge)

(I also came home for totally-real work-related reasons today, not just to spend some time practicing golf)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 160 (18 May 22) - Worked on the swing today with the 7i.  This is based on the pushes I was seeing yesterday on the course.  Brought out the little plastic goal post to give a good target point.  Set up to where it was about 30 ft away.  Worked on getting the shot shape to start right of the right most arm of the goal post and draw back to where it came down in the center line "view" looking through the goal posts.  Using the hard foam balls, they give a good shot shape, it started with pushes that slowly started drawing.  Took my time working through each shot.  End of the session had the ball making baby draws.  Now to repeat the same again tomorrow....

Practice target .jpg

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 123:

Worked on feel from recent lesson with 4-iron and PW, hitting balls 1/2 swings. Teacher suggested to alternate between long club and mid/short club when practicing since she observed I overswing with longer club in hand and thought that might help tame it. Used LVP camera to replay swings during practice but video quality was grainy in low light.

-Peter