IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 83.  Went to a nearby (to where I'm staying this extended weekend) course with a great short game and practice putting green (their range looks nice too, but I didn't use it today).  I hit quarter shots (primarily focusing on technique, I really should have done a drill or something, I had a great chipping green to myself) with my 58 and 54.  I also hit some pitch shots with the 58 and some sand shots with the same.  I also did some of the really short chip shots (the ones that go maybe 8-12 yards) with both.  I then went over to the putting green for 4' and 6' 12-coin drills, using 15 and 20 putts respectively (I'm very happy with both scores). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 209, May 28, 2022

Hit balls for 10 or 12 minutes waiting for a lesson to arrive. Shorter, wider, still just as far.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 132:

Short game practice and maybe 10 balls with full swing working on priority piece. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 134:

Played 16 holes. Only intended to play 9, but two guys in my regular group bailed, so as a twosome we moved quickly. Only brought 5 clubs (D, 4i, 8i, SW, P). Worked on focus piece on the course. Hit some nice, piercing irons. Miss was a push.

-Peter

It's too windy for me to practice outside here today -- 30 mph winds, gusts up to 55 mph.  Or maybe I should, I dunno.  Fortunately we know how to practice indoors, even if I don't have my home setup to use here.

If it seems that I am cramming short game, it's because I am.  A week from today is my first match-play round of my club's match play tournament.  I am going to hit it well that day, and I'll still do some practice there of course (and there are two days between now and then I'm unlikely to be able to practice anything except a few minutes hitting full swings). 

Day 84.  Indoor putting off the ruler.  23/25 straight, missed two just right (stayed on the ruler but were clearly not in the middle).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 213 - More putting work today. Did the PuttOUT perfect putt ladder drill (putts of 1' to 6') going through my pre-shot routine for each putt. Focus was to keep a steady tempo throughout the entire process.

Also tested several of my 58* wedges on chips from the rough. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 586: Took today off. I did do a little setup feel getting on my toes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 210, May 29, 2022

Played 18 holes and then went to the range for 45 minutes or so after that. Stuff is pretty close.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11 

Played 18 holes today. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 170 (29 May 22) - Worked on loading the lead foot in the setup position.  Then rotating back to the full backswing focusing on staying as centered (no swaying) as possible.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 214 - Practiced the motion for the "9 to 3" drill without a ball today, paying close attention to positions and in particular shaft lean at impact. Did this similar to the 5SK Key #2 "weight forward - hips preset drill". I plan to take this to the range tomorrow afternoon. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 587: Too hot to practice outside today. I did do some backswing work inside.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

yesterday I didn't practice as I spent the day at the Dutch open.. what an amazing round, and the 4-hole playoff was really exciting (even if the youtube coverage doesn't really reflect it properly).. so today was day 84 and I got informed this weekend that I could pick up my new Mizuno iron set that I had ordered a few months ago.. picked it up and went to the range and then even played 9 holes with them. the difference in lie angle (they're 3 up) really makes a difference and I can swing freely now. I have the feeling that I lost a little bit of distance over my old ones, but directional control seems much better, which to me is more important. I just need to go figure out now what distances my clubs go. Shouldn't take too long with Arccos. 

cheers Chris

Day 135:

Played 18 today at Harding Park. My group decided to play the blue (back) tees, but I didn't feel like it was too long. Second time I've played there, kind of a "meh" course, but interesting to play where tour pros have played major championship.

Drove the ball poorly (with driver, 3W, and hybrid), but irons off the tee/approach shots were crisp today. Short game was not good, and putting was not good. Think I need to put a little more work in on both these, especially putting bead.

Got around pretty well on the front 9, but then 2 beers and a hotdog at the turn definitely had an effect on my play on the back-9...that, and the wind picked up. I hit two really flush irons on the 18th; 4-iron off the tee, and then a 7-iron into the green that flew the green, hit a cart path, and landed on the first tee, leaving a 60 yard pitch back to the green.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

Day 85.  I spent over an hour at a practice facility today.  Half of it was spent hitting wedges at a practice green, working on form, both the mechanics of the shot and the direction.  I holed out twice, which felt great.  I hit quarter and half swings with my 58 and 54, and also some shorter shots with those and the PW (I didn't bring my UW this weekend for some reason). 

I then went to the putting green.  I did some miscellaneous warming up, and then set up at a hole to do a 4' clock drill, making 8 the first time and all 4 the next trick, for a 75% -- not bad, not great (far better than I used to do).  I did various putting for distance, and then moved to another hole and set up a 3' drill.  I made 12/12.  While I am pretty sure I've made 12+ from 3' in the past (I obsessively practiced them in 2008, hilariously convinced that after breaking 90, getting excellent at 3' putts was the key to breaking 80.  If anyone reading this has similar delusions, let me tell you, 3' putts aren't the trick to that barrier), this was the first time since I've been making notes about it.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Day 211, May 30, 2022

Practiced for an hour downtown, then played 18 holes at Cranberry Highlands with @NatalieB.

Day 171 (30 May 22) - Did one arm sling blade style swings today with both the lead arm and trail arm.  Worked as well on getting weight onto the lead foot, rehearsing getting the weight forward as I come to the top of the backswing. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 86.  I had a range session this morning.  I warmed up with some chipping, then hit 6-iron, hybrid, 4-wood, driver, and some 8-iron and wedges.  All of this was off the grass.  I also did some putting but this course's putting greens felt a lot slower than the other ones I am used to (perhaps they hadn't prepared them yet for the day?  I went at 730 this morning). 

-- Michael | My swing!