IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

2 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Four months down, eight to go in 2018. And that makes one full year plus one month on the running total for those keeping score at home.

Do you feel you have improved in that timeframe? How has your handicap moved within that time frame? Good job on the dedication. Sorry if the questions are off topic. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Do you feel you have improved in that timeframe? How has your handicap moved within that time frame? Good job on the dedication. Sorry if the questions are off topic. 

Yes. It's lower than when I started. I did post an 88 a couple weeks ago. (Back not doing well). It's slowly getting better. It's also early in the season and with having to compensate for my bad back, it's rough getting the timing right now. But my doctor has my trying to stretch it out a bit (It's a muscle thing)

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 33 - Mirror work at the gym after being rained out for my round today. Focused on my priority piece.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 120

Easy practice today after dropping my Grand Daughters at school. 

Spent some time hitting 5'  foot putts. No noticeable breaks involved. Focus was on my alignment, aim, and stroke/speed. Probably hit around 50 putts once warmed up. 

I missed a few. (12) Some hit the mini pin, and bounced away. Others rolled over top of other balls already in the hole. A few others were pushes, and pulls. 

After that, it was twice around the 6 pins that make up the practice green. These pins are around 10'-12' feet apart from each other. Focus there was to make the first putt, or at least lag the ball close enough for an easy one putt. Did well on 5 (10) of the holes at under par. The 6th pin, is just a tough putt due to where they cut it. 

I am coming back later with my full bag. They are letting us hit off the grass today on the D-range. Going to get some more full swings in. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 25 of 27: 

Range Day. After warming up, I hit 20 shots with my 3-wood off the tee trying to keep as many as possible inside my shot zone. I managed 16 of 20 to land inside my shot zone. 80% on the nose. I did have a few worm burners that finished in my zone, but weren't great shots by any means. I still had balls left over so I hit some partial wedges to various targets to complete my practice. 30+ minutes of total practice. 

DAY 161    Started on the putting green for a little more than an hour.   Used the Pelz Putting Tutor to continue working on starting the ball on line.  Followed this by working on making putts from 6 and 9 feet, choosing one uphill location for the putt and two with lots of sidehill break.  Then to the range for a couple of hours... doing mostly the Feet Together Drill, and then 30 drivers using a drill where you pause completely at the top of the backswing for a count of 3 and then hit -- works on helping synch all the parts on the downswing.    Then 8 holes of golf.... with lots of time spent chipping and pitching around several greens as the course was quite empty this afternoon.

• Administrator

Day 87 - April 30, 2018 - Hit some shots here and there during a playing lesson to demonstrate. Hit some pitches back to the golfers so they could hit or re-hit a shot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 63 - used PW hitting into net tonight after going for a walk with the wife. Focused on steady head (centered turn). Trying to tame my tempo with what feels like a pause at the top of my swing, although I doubt I actually pause. I feel like Matsuyama, but I'm sure it's nothing like that....unfortunately.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 4. Following a 15 hour day (16 if you include commute), I spent exactly 8 minutes carpet rolling putts. I'm not safe auto, even whipped I'm giving more than the minimum. I specifically worked on hitting a penny I placed down from 5-8 feet, without overshooting it by more than 18 inches, and not leaving a single one short. Sounds simple but see if you can do it every time for 8 minutes when you're dead on your feet. This particular rug probably rolls about a bumpy 8, so pretty much like most public Course greens around here. 

Day 64 - lag putting from 30ft down hallway at work for 10-ish mins followed by some 6ft work for 3-4 mins. Playing Sat for my Bday so it should fun! 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 121...

Hit some balls off of uneven lies. Ball below, and above my feet, side hill lies, and uphill, and down hill lies. Focus was on aim, as some of those lies will cause draws and fades. Ball position in my stance was another focus due to the uphill/downhill lies. Wasn't looking for any particular distances, just crisp ball contact.  A-

From there, hit a few ball of the firm sand in the bunker. The course rakes their course bunkers, but tends to neglect their one, and only practice bunker. Perhaps I will bring my own rake next time, and help them out. Using my LW with what I call my "splat" impact position with the sand, was my focus. Knocked all the balls out of the bunker (14) Basically I throw the club at sand, just behind the ball. The club head makes a dull, splat sound as it moves under the ball, and a little into the sand. Open stance, with an open club face works for me. My LW has little, or no bounce. The ball comes out very high. A+

From there, I went to the practice green, where I worked on putts (10'-12') with breaks involved. Using one ball, my focus was on no 3 putts. B+

The whole session took less than hour. Even got hit with some rain drops. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

5/1/18:

Day 396:

Mostly working on my impact drills. Trying to figure out why in the hell I'm hitting these irons very short for me. When I played last Friday, I hit an 8-iron from 146 yards that came up a club short and I flushed it. Silly game. I need to bust through that barrel.

121/121 this year. I wonder where The Committee has my record streak ending.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

DAY 162   Spent two hours plus on the range doing the Feet Together Drill.  Since last Friday I have worked on this drill with either a 5 or 6 iron for 10.5 hours!!! Two more days of this before my next lesson -- where we will gauge progress.

Day 34 - slow swings focusing on my priority piece. Hit about 20 balls total and filmed a few. Will post in My Swing thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 88 - May 1, 2018 - Did a bunch today. Played 14 holes, then coached two nine hole rounds. Practiced downtown after an early lesson. Decent day. Driver wasn't great.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5

Went to the driving range. Worked on hip turn, using the club holder as a reference point. 

Worked on pitching. Good backswing length, then pivoting with out dipping the knees. I also, did some right hand only pitch shots to work on using the bounce better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 5. On the way home from the baseball game for the team I coach, I stopped and worked on short game. Specifically I hit the chipping green and used every club in my current bag that I might possibly use for chipping, 3w, 4h, 5i-9i, PW, GW, 52, and 56*. This year I want to use the absolute best club for the shot, from the one right up against the collar that needs to run (3w) to the ball that's on a downslope with no green to work with (56*). Last year I almost exclusively used PW and GW for everything and I was consistent with it. It wasn't the ideal club setup for every situation though. I spent about a half hour with the goal of just starting to get a feel for runout with each club. 

This will be the first of many sessions doing this as it was a mixed bag.  Courses are just starting to open up around here fully. PTL!