IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 130.  I hit a dozen slow shots with my 6-iron indoors (the usual) as a combination practice and warm-up. 

Why do I say warm-up?  I'm going to head out for a round in a bit but lately, especially at nearby courses without good ranges, I'd rather warm up at home and then take the short drive there and stretch once I'm there and chip and putt, maybe take some swings on the mats without a ball.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 255, July 14, 2022

Really good practice session at Lake View today. Really worked on throwing the club behind me. Familiar feelings, really. Finished with two slow hybrids that were pretty good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2:

Worked on priority piece (weight forward, not lunging) with 7-iron, slow swings. Secodary piece is just making sure I make a full backswing, so I tried to feel like I was overdoing the backswing a bit. Hit about 30 balls slowly, and then did 10 balls full speed with a pre-shot routine.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 31 (15 July 22) - Soggy day, able to get in some work with 8i, small mat and Flatballs.  Worked on making contact with the balls (only 1/4" tall) first.  Ended the session with some lead arm work in front of the mirror. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 1: 7/15/2020

I think I missed more than 2 of the last 30 days. So today I'm starting again at day 1.

I had a lesson today with Yoda. Worked on getting my driver back to where it was supposed to be. Kind of fell into back into some bad habits. 

I have a set-up piece and then 2 priority pieces... I might be able to consider it as 3 priority pieces but 2 of them kind of blend together and when I get one of them right the other kind of goes away on its own. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 259 - 9-hole league tonight, shot 8-over 44 and got my first two sandies of the season!

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 256, July 15, 2022

Little work between GEARS sessions today with different students. Just nice and slow. No SwingStopper today. 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 131.  I went to a nearby course's green to practice putting.  It was busy, so I couldn't do the long speed drills, but short putts are where I'm losing more shots anyway.  I did a 6' "sink everything around the clock twice" drill.  If I took one more putt, it would have taken me 70 to finish, so just shy of a 35% make rate.  If 12:00 is straight downhill, 1:00 and 2:00 gave me the most trouble.  A 90s golfer makes six-footers at a better rate than I did in this drill today (but they also don't face those same 1:00 and 2:00 with such a high proportion).

I got home and, while dinner was in the oven, I did speed sticks out back.   I got the red club to 100 and green part two was at 113.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 3:

Priority piece work with 6-iron. Tried to go slow but wasn’t very good about it today. 

-Peter

Day 260 - Worked on some chips from different lies in the yard today during commercials during the British Open.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 626: Played 18 yesterday with my wife and friends. Took today off hitting balls but  did do so,e work on the feel of bowing my wrist in the downswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 32 (16 Jul 22) - Continued work on lead arm drill today.  Made 1/4 swings with the 6i hitting hard foam balls.  After several series, moved to a full swing with the 6i, spraying a powder line on the ground and hitting hard foam balls off the line.  Focus was to come through, getting ball contact first, divot second.  (Setup in attached photo) 

1005E96A-D4D7-4E4F-BE34-5CFF04CC80BB.jpeg

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 2; 7/16/2022:

I had fun working on my new priority pieces today. (Truthfully, they are kind of old priority pieces that I have to revisit.) 

The set up thing is actually pretty challenging. It's quite a change from where I was. 

I'm already looking forward to working on it again tomorrow. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 4:

Did some full swing work with 7-iron, one ball slow swing with multiple rehearsals, next ball full speed with a pre-shot routine. Then did some practice with static driver stuff, and then hit a few almost golf balls working on the dynamic feel for driver. Finally did some short game drills.

-Peter

Day 132.  Played 18 with some friends.  Shot an 86 (ESC 85).  Played well most of the day... despite that I didn't realize until the 15th tee (before hitting a shot there) that I had been trying to kill driver all day.  Why?  I was getting plenty of distance on normal swings.  sigh.  I was going steady at no-6s (or worse) until hole 13, pulled one O.B., made an 8, next hole, made a 6... then parred home including the #2 handicap hole.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 5:

Played 18. Terrible off the tee, but okay everywhere else. Shanked a few today, so work to do practicing.

-Peter

Day 261 - My distance wedge shots were pretty poor last week, so today I did some slow motion distance wedge swings with my SW and LW. Also hit some short finesse shots with my LW trying to vary trajectory. 

Day 627: Didn’t hit today but did work on my feel in transition.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave