IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 04 (05 Jan 22) -  Played a solo front 9 at Minnesott this morning.  Was my first round of the year where I was walking (plan to walk at least one round per month).  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 21 - Did some putting pre-shot routine development work and short wedge shots indoors today. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 67, January 6, 2023

Messed around with my SuperSpeed Squeeze today. I'm exploring whether it can be used to help people understand wrist conditions in addition to understanding squeeze/grip "strength."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 37: 01/06/2023

Hit balls in the garage on 3 different occasions. Each session was about 15 minutes long and I worked on a different priority piece each time. 

I also spent time putting the devil ball. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 6 - did mirror work. Checking my position at A2 and making sure my grip is correct. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 22 - Nice enough day today to practice some pitch shots in the yard....so I did, with my 54* wedge. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 21. Chipping indoors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5 (07 Jan 23) - Spent some time working on the takeaway with the putter by setting up a ball about 18” behind to help focus one taking the club straight back, barely tapping the back ball and coming smoothly thru the ball.  Then went totally opposite with some full swings with the 7i in the backyard.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 68, January 7, 2023

Mostly did full-speed swings today as a sort of check-in. Still felt a little bit "hold off-y" but contact was decent. Backswing is likely decent. Going to give it another week and then focus mostly on the downswing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 38: 1/7/2023

Worked in the garage on my priority pieces. I kind of have 3 that I'm working on. Today I experimented with trying to incorporate all three at once. It didn't go that well. To be honest it wasn't terrible. But I'm still much better off working them one at a time. I'll spend the next few days continuing to work on them one at a time. Late next week or next weekend I'll get to the indoor range and get some video. 

Right now I'm going to get up and do my speed swing training. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
Forgot to make it red

Day 23 - Worked on putter face angle today with the PuttOUT Devil ball. 

Day 8: Did a superspeed session.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 6 (8 Jan 23) -  pitches and chips in the backyard this afternoon.  Used it to setup the club with the ball on the outside line of the grooves.  Then purposed to swing to strike with the center of the club face.  Ended with working the other side by aligning the ball to the inner line on the club face. 

Edited by WillieT

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 22. Worked more on my PP in the basement for about 20 minutes. Wrist is feeling better.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 69, January 8, 2023

Good slow-mo stuff today on the backswing. Maintaining the wrist cup on the backswing is big for me.

Day 39: 1/8/2023

Today I worked on my backswing in the mirror and hit some balls in the garage working on my priority pieces. 

Pretty busy day today so that was all I could get in. 

Day 7 (9 Jan 23) - Worked on hitting the club face consistently with the driver, 3w, 4h and 6i today.  Went the foot spray route (see pics) in the backyard using the hard foam balls. End results - was getting too high on the driver face, but was happy that all 4 swings were in the same general spot.  With the 3w and 4h I was staying more in the face center. No horrible slices or pushes.  The recent work on setup looks to be helping me have some of the most consistent contact in terms of hitting the same area of the club face to date.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 24 - Worked on some short wedge shots in the yard today with my 54* and 59* wedges. Set an alignment rod 5 paces from where I was hitting from to represent the edge of the green and a towel 2-paces from the alignment rod to represent my landing spot. Hit short shots aimed at the landing spot, but in no event shorter than the alignment rod. Will be working on lots of shots of this sort as I had a problem with leaving these shots short in 2022.