IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 53. Range today. First I worked on my MP drill then moved onto target work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 8 (14 Feb) - Worked on choked down chips today with the 8i - varied distances 5 to 50yds.  Worked in sets of 3 ball positions - fwd-mid-back.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 75: 2/14/2023

Today was only slow motion swings in the mirror for me. No live golf balls... well, except I did spend about 10 minutes on the office practice putting mat working on bead work. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 106, February 14, 2023

Played nine holes. Woo.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 45: Mirror work. Still on backswing stuff. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 54 - Practiced setup and takeaway today.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 54. Started re-ripping my clubs with Pure DTX midsize and did a few drills inside to see how they felt. I didn’t build them up to GP MCC +4 on the bottom to match what I was playing. I hit the range with them and see how they feel stock with full swings. Also did Fit for Golf workout.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 107, February 15, 2023

Played nine holes after hitting balls for a little bit downtown. It was quite windy. I hit some good shots, some blah. I think the backswing stuff is good. Which is right on schedule.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 76: 2/15/2023

Overspeed training today. Slow motion 7 irons in front of the mirror. Plus Day 15 of the Covid-19 30 day practice challenge. 

Day 9 (15 Feb23) - Rinse, repeat of yesterday- choked down pitches with the PW in lieu of 8i. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 46: More mirror work. Still backswing stuff. 

-- Daniel

Day 55 - Played 9-holes at East Greenwich CC today. First 3 were pretty rough, but then I hit some good shots. While I did not always execute on the shot, I also did not make any bad decisions. Needless to say, it is great to get a chance to play in February in NE. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 55. Filmed my swing today in my driveway for an Evolvr submission. On another note, I got braces today, the Invisalign type so there’s that.😬

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 77: 2/16/2023

I was able to get a several different 5 minute putting sessions in on the office putting mat.
I did the mirror stuff, I did the putter gate stuff, I did the hit the ball through the gate stuff, I did Putt-Out perfect putt stuff, I even did the devil-ball stuff. 

On a side note, I'm not sure how much I'm getting out of the devil balls? Firstly they take forever to set up. Unless you can plop it down and then set up to the ball and just roll it in what ever direction the ball is pointing. Which is probably a better way to use it. What I do is I try to roll it toward a target and it takes me forever to get the damned thing pointed in the right direction. ... Maybe that's why it's called a devil ball? 

Anyway, I haven't given up on them yet. I promised myself I'd keep trying them and try to get some benefit from them. 

Day 10 (16 Feb 23) - Played 18 at Minnesott today.  Not the best ball striking day,  was a struggle through the round.  Made for a let go and just enjoy the moment round. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 108, February 16, 2023

Short day. Going to put in a good hour+ tomorrow, though.

Almost exclusively backswing. Last day.

Day 47: Did some putting on my mat while watching Full Swing. Checking set up and working on being more straight back and through with the putter.

-- Daniel

Day 56 - Putting practice today: mirror with putter gate, devil ball and Putt-out perfect putt challenge.