IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 189, May 8, 2023

Right shoulder feeling weird. May have slept on it funny two nights ago. Also, might be related to the shoulder stuff. So, I did slow stuff in the hotel room in the morning, partly to stretch it out a little.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 15 - Quite a bit today.

• Short range session during lunch today trying to feel my Evolvr stuff. Wasn't successful in finding the right position/feeling.
  • Mirror work between sets/exercises at the gym, thought I was onto something related to my priority piece. (Hint, I wasn't)
  • Filmed a short video of dry swings at home, still couldn't get the right movement down.
  • Got a video back from Evolvr and filmed a few more swings at home, FINALLY some things clicked and was able to get a feeling and my body into a better position (on dry swings at least)
  • The Stack session, actually managed a 1mph PR while still keeping my new feeling in mind

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 46: 5/8/23

Upper core balance drills and then putting through a gate. Moved my starting point back to 22” from 11” after missing a couple of four-footers in Saturday’s round.

Day 72 (08 May 23) - Broke away for a solo round today.  They were punching the greens on the front nine so it was a double trip down the back side.  Had some great opportunities to do a reset and stay in the round - for example the first trip around started with a blowup, quad bogie on 10 (the hardest hole of the side).  Followed it with three consecutive pars.  Felt good having a strong reset after a start.  Worked on the set up  - not panicked, even paced in tempo.  Second trip around started par (the same hole that I had a quad on earlier) followed by another par.  Left foot got to really hurting tempo started getting off and wound up with pushes and pulls as body went into protect mode.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 21: Did some mirror work today. Checking that my feels are still good for what I'm working on.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 2:

Did backswing practice, using almost golf balls as a prop. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 1 - Practiced at North Kingstown. Practice green: worked on lag putting, putts from 9-12', chipping from various locations and putting out. Range: pitches, sand shots, alternating 3w off tee with 7i or gap wedge, never hitting same club 2x in a row. All in all good session. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 44: May 9

Range session before my lesson (time constraints meant I couldn’t do this the other way around). Really focused on 3-wood, almost “proving” to myself that I can hit good golf shots with it. Granted, hitting good shots on the range is easy. But it also provides confidence and reassurance.

Spent some time during my lesson looking at alignment, I wanted to make sure what I was doing was correct and that I understood what I was trying to do. My fairway woods/driver has a closed stance, but it’s not excessive and teaching pro is happy with it for now, whilst encouraging me to practice with a more neutral alignment. I’m also continuing to control my clubpath with a 7-iron and it keeps getting better.

Day 3. Some tempo work and a Fit for Golf workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 73 (09 May 23) - Hit pitches with the 9i starting at 30 yds up to 50yds.  Focused on grip at setup and follow thru after impact. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 16 - Hit a small bucket at the public range. Was too crowded to film but strike quality was very solid focusing on my feeling for priority piece.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

Day 190, May 9, 2023

Full swing work in a mirror. Shoulder felt much better today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3:

Continued practicing backswing. Still feeling stuck between A1 and A2

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 2 - Practiced short putts this morning using my PuttOut mat. Mainly looking for end-over-end roll, direction and speed on these shorter putts.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 4. More tempo work with 6 iron and driver. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 74 (10 May 23) - Played an afternoon round with son and grandson.  Worked on hitting to center of greens on approach shots, no matter pin placement (Spent last couple of days reading LSW).  Was interesting as they had punched and sanded the greens this week - balls bounce funny and roll lumpily along at times like these.  Still managed to string 4 pars in a row on the front - all GIR w/good opportunities for birdie.  Of late I have noticed that when I don’t see the ball leave the ground I when I strike it, it typically is a topper.  Got to work on that more.  

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 48: Stack Neural training. Hit 104 which is a little slower than my swing speed on the course. Not sure why that is happening. Did not do Wright Balance drills prior to training which might help next time.