IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 22. Played 18 at NKGC. Shot an 83 but really didn’t play that well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 213, June 1, 2023

Played 18 holes today. Kinda farted around a little on the first five trying to "do" the things. On about six I started to add the legs back in there… and hit some bombs and really saw some good shots coming out of some good windows.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3: 6/1/2023:

Okay so I "feel" like I'm hitting it pretty well. But I'm not scoring well just yet. So, today I decided to take a step back and do some slow-motion mirror stuff. Trying to get the swing perfect in slow mo. 

I also spent some time on the take-away in the mirror. Both with a piece of PVC pipe, with a 7-iron on my collar-bone and while actually swinging a 7 iron. I'm still working to translate what I'm doing in the mirror to on the range and then onto the course. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 96 (01 Jun 23) played 18 at RiverBend.  Since it was a snail pace round, had plenty of time to setup for each shot.  Focused on the pieces I’ve been working on - paid off - no recovery shots, no penalty strokes, etc. Still hit some heavy, but a solid “for me” round of 83 (par 71).  Even kept track of all the stuff happening…IMG_7255.thumb.jpeg.9b33d85329698be20705cd0e868f3698.jpeg

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 10, June 1st, 2023

Played 9 holes after work. Was hitting it meh the first few holes, then got the idea of feeling like my hands come to a very slow stop at the top of the swing, and still try the hands down stuff. That creeping to a stop really helped synch up the swing. Hit some much better shots, but also some bad ones, but nothing thin or fat. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 70: 6/1/23

Working with my swing instructor he mentioned my backswing was getting narrow after reviewing two videos. Worked on slow motion swings extending my arms backward, initiating a pressure shift to the front foot and swinging without scooping. Need to get some range time!

Day 38 - Indoor putting at home working on takeaway being more inside. Really like where my putting is at right now.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Day 13:

Did  backswing rehearsals with a ball until I went 15 in a row without “losing” the ball.

Then hit 10 balls working on same thing as yesterday. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 11, June 2nd, 2023

Worked on some short game at lunch. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 39 - Just more indoor putting today, didn't really feel like going to the range midday when it was 90+ degrees.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Day 4, 6/2/2023:

Went to the outdoor range. 
Worked first on my priority pieces with a 5-iron. (Block Practice) Then I worked on priority pieces with the driver. (Block Practice) Then priority pieces with a 9 iron. (Block Practice)

Then I picked targets at random on the range and tried to hit them. (Random Practice)

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 22. Worked on the push feel with my left leg at the gym.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 97 (02 Jun 23) - Full day of things to be done.  Took some time this afternoon to work a few moments on the setup-tempo drill I’ve been working.  Left foot was throbbing so I kept it to easy swings, staying the tempo.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 71: 6/2/23

Stack Neural trading at max speed.  Good session but fell just short of my personal best. Headed to the range to work on the upper core swing. The ball flight has more curve than I am used to. Was happy to see my swing speed with the driver hit 111 a few times. My max Stack speed has been 114, so we are getting close.

• Administrator

Day 214, June 2, 2023

Played (most of) 18 holes at Avalon Field Club (formerly New Castle Country Club). Wasn't focused on me, but tried to focus on a few shots here and there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 14:

Same as yesterday, except did backswing practice with driver. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 1

Clubs arrived last night so I can finally start my journey. Whilst I've done some chipping/putting I set myself a clear focus for today.

Get comfortable with a grip, position of the club across the palm - tried different finger positions found the interlock felt more comfortable for me. Also some early stage swing work trying to understand and be more aware of the wrist movement.

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)