IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 22, June 14th, 2023

Range session at lunch working on backswing length and hands down faster. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 51 - Range work mainly focusing on driver and partial 50 degree still, although I did spend some time with 4 and 5 iron today and hit them better than expected. Having a feeling of making a half swing with irons is helping with strike right now.

Driver is starting to get quite good on the range with these new feels, need to keep working on it and see how it fares on the course.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 4: Jun 14

A short indoor putting session on a mat, focusing on a more consistent (and slightly shorter) backswing to help develop better distance control. Seems to encourage a more positive stroke.

Day 12

Continuation following new grip, more control work on part 1 of backswing and seeing more consistency with path going both ways. 

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

Day 4: 6/14/23

Putting through 50 mm gates for 30 minutes. Stack neural training session 16/24. E-speed of 110, which is 4 mph less than my high. Busy day and needed to squeeze in training prior to meeting tonight.

Day 10 - did a super speed session and some rehearsal swings, primarily focused on transition. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 13

Full backswing, specifically trying to reduce trail arm pulling behind causing lead arm to bed. Focusing on reducing the hip twist.

(Swing Thread)

Day 5: Jun 15

Short game lesson, looking at ensuring I have the correct technique for a standard chip (also spent time discussing and experimenting with different shot types; what’s good, what’s not, what to consider, etc). Then switched to putting: a more relaxed stance needed, square my shoulders, allow my right shoulder to drop. Feels quite different but I can see the logic in what my coach is doing - it seems to be creating a more consistent roll.

But enough typing: time to go practise this new method on my putting mat!

Day 31. Worked on my priority piece with a 6 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 23, June 15th, 2023

Played 9 holes. Focused on shorter swings and staying wide. Hit some ok shots. Hit some shots where I felt more of the swing feels I want.  I was always up near the green. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

Day 227, June 15, 2023

Played 18 holes with @billchao. Putted well… with my 60° wedge.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5: 6/15/23

Hoped to practice full swing in preparation for a lesson tomorrow but the range I went to closed when it started raining. Practiced chipping with my 50* wedge and focused on using the bounce of the club. Very successful for my first attempt. Chips and pitches were higher and had more spin than I usually have. When I executed the shot properly I never made a divot!

Day 52 - Few minutes of indoor putting working on the backswing.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 11 - did the ruler drill putting. Checking that my weight is in my heels in addition to the start line. Looked good overall. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 14

Shoulder rotation and finding a different swing length for Driver/Iron. Range tomorrow so video review upcoming to see progress.

(Swing Thread)

Day 32. Worked on driver this morning.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 6: Jun 16

Played 18 holes at home course. Some decent golf played, hampered by a number of bad lies (some caused by me, but others were just how things ended up after a sensible shot). Then started to flag during the last few holes and my form eroded away somewhat. 

Lessons learned: preserve my energy levels (so bring some food with me, no matter how friendly the game is). Also, really think about the shot when I’m in a sticky lie; don’t force a solution or try to do too much. As I play more I’ll better understand what I can really do in certain situations. 

Day 24, June 16th, 2023

Went to the range today, worked on backswing length and hands down stuff. Timing is getting much better. Contact is improving.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag