IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 18: Range night. Hit 15 balls, very slowly. Working on my backswing being steeper. Looked good on video. Then putted for a while, focusing on short putts. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 50: Jul 5

Golf lesson. First time (I think) I’ve had a consistently neutral swing path without any physical impediments (such as tees in the ground to create a “gate” to swing through). The worst swing was -3.0. I’ve got the feel that I’m looking for clear in my head - and a fair number of the swings were displaying an in-to-out swing path. Which is awesome!

I do have to watch for a slight overswing in my backswing; it’s causing me to try and correct the problem in the downswing, which is obviously hard to do. Far better to avoid the problem in the first place. So plenty of drills to ensure the correct wrist position and avoid a ‘twitch’ where I lose a little control of the club at the top.

Day 19: Went to the range with both kids. Hit a few balls, working on my priority piece feel. Then we went to the chipping green and I practiced a bunch of different chips while trying not to hit them. 

-- Daniel

Day 6 - Practiced putting indoors with a couple of Phil Kenyon drills. followed later in the day by Super Speed training.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 278, August 5, 2023

About 15 minutes today with the curl and throw. It's feeling good. I'm able to flush it pretty well when I'm not even looking at the ball, really. 🙂 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1, August 6th, 2023

A range session working on hitting from the hands down at the right hip. Also worked on short game. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 7 - 

Indoor putting practice:

1) Kenyon startline gate drill - 10/10

2) Tempo using a metronome set at 72 and varying stroke lengths. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 20: Did a stack warm up and session. Worked on my backswing feels during breaks.

-- Daniel

Day 100 - Played 18 holes.

Full swing results on the course are very solid. Contact is crisp, ball flight is neutral with pretty much no curve, and I'm hitting the ball so far right now. 

Chipping and putting still need a lot of work.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 46 (06 Aug 23) - missed posting yesterday (so that’ll be my off day)….today worked with the 7i focused on setup, weight shift and tempo.  Had opportunity to hit some side hill, ball below, ball above lies (oh the beauty of small drainage ditches)….

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 279, August 6, 2023

Played a few holes on a par-three course before the lightning siren.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 52: Aug 7

Back to the course, having made some time to squeeze in 18 holes on a quiet evening. Despite a triple-bogey hole combined with 3 off the tee on a shortish par-3 (a shockingly bad 8-iron that deserved a lost-ball outcome)…I recorded a new PB of +13 gross. Which Is Awesome!

Lots of positives naturally, but a few points to learn from: take extra care with awkward lies combined with awkward stances; better understand what short game shot/club is the right one; if I’m in between clubs, go long should be my default (unless long == dead) - forcing a shorter iron approach risks poorer results. But above all trust yourself and have confidence in what you’re doing. It’s working, so stop basking in your success and get back to work! 😆

Day 8 - Did about 10-minutes of putting practice (start line gate drill to a metronome set at 72 bpm) followed by Super Speed training. 

Day 47 (07 Aug 23) - played 18 with son, grandson and good friend.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 280, August 7, 2023

Got downtown to practice a little at Golf Evolution 3.0.

Day 2, August 7th, 2023

Practiced a bit inside today. Weather was crap after work. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: