IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 290

A little too windy to play, but the direction of the wind allowed for some knock down shot practice. I used my 5i, and 5w. 

I use a full swing with this shot, but I also swing slower than my normal full swing speed. I found out a long time ago not to try to out muscle the wind. The wind will win every time. Slower swings, while letting my club selection take care of the distance needed, takes alot of grief out of this shot. I also play the ball a little bit back in my stance, and I don't have a high follow through. Both help to keep the ball lower, as does the slower swing.. 

The knock down a good shot to have in one's bag. Especially when a punch shot won't get the job done. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 256 - October 17, 2018 - So cold. So so so cold. Hit some balls while helping Nat's team practice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 7: Mirror work again. Working on address to A2, trying to not shoot my hands inside too fast. A2 to A4 is about getting steeper. Think I'm making some decent progress. Excited to get this on video this weekend.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 41.  15 balls (indoor, mat, real balls, into a net) after work and before dinner.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 291 

Just finished hitting various types of shots this morning, in preparation for a 9:00 am tee time. A few each of full swings,  abbreviated swings, and slower swings, with various clubs. Also, some pitches and chips. No where is it written, one should not hit pitches or chips while on the driving range. 

I will warm up my putter on the first couple of holes. 

I have always thought that the only important shots in a golfer's bag are the ones the golfer practices. If you don't practice a shot, you can't depend on it when playing for a score. 

In My Bag:

Day 9, October 18

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on low hands at A6.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 101:

Good morning reviewing Top Track info and working on a mental checklist before drives to minimize hooks or undesired right turns.  Grip. position of ball to foot, feet to each other, stance, head stillness and allowing for freedom of hips and shoulders.  I can now do it in a fairly fast checklist and relaxed manner. I am accepting of few fewer yards now in favor of more on line drives. Needs continual practice.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 34: 

Putting practice today. My speed control has gotten away from me a little bit lately so I did the "Pull Back" game. I shot +10 or 46 putts. I know that LSW says that 36 is. great score, so I am wondering how 46 putts stacks up for a 20 capper. Its a hard game for sure. Hit a couple of 40+ foot putts to inside (or at) 5 feet only to have a 7 or 8 foot putt for par lol.... 

DAY 329    Visits, and visitors today!!   So little time for practice.  So I spent 5-10 minutes in my home office with my shortened 5 iron.   I had the club shortened a little more than 6 years ago, when I needed a shortened club for indoor practice.  I purchased the club when it was full size for $5 from a bin in the golf shop at the Arnold Palmer course at The Villages,   They shortened the shaft and re-gripped the club.. for $10 more.  It is probably the best investment I have ever made for a training aid.

• Administrator

Day 257 - October 18, 2018 - Putted while watching the Penguins game. October 18th is the day Jack's brother was born.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8: Went back to putting today. Looking at my set up a bit, also doing the yardstick putting drill.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 42.  15 pitches after tonight's TNF.  Each was much better than the game, but that isn't saying much.  Seriously, though, I hit a few that felt flush.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 35: 

Bad day at the range. Shank City. Little deflated, but I am sure its something stupid. About 30 minutes at the range today. 

Day 292

Played 18 this morning at the local muni. Nice course for the area. My effort was good enough for an 82, which is two shots above my target score.

I can honestly say I gave away 3 strokes on the putting green, but 30 putts is also a good number. Then again, a 79 is a much better number

Rummaging throug an old box of golf stuff, I found one of my old golf data/score cards  that I copied some 25+ years ago. It basically tells me after entering some info, per hole, for a 9/18 hole round(s) where I need the most work on my game. Even helps to identify what clubs I hit well, or those clubs I need to work more with. Data today said I was weak off the tee, which is no surprise. . 

In My Bag:

• Administrator

Day 258 - October 19, 2018 - Played 18 holes at Lawrence Park GC. Then took down a topic about the 13th hole because someone complained about it. 😛

DAY 330   Rise and Grind.... I was on the range by 8 a.m. for a couple of hours, working on impact position and staying more over the ball rather than swaying on the backswing.   Then spent an hour with my coach, who reinforced what I have been working on and suggested 6 different drills than I had been using so I could have some variety to my practice.   While I am hitting the ball better, I can see how much better I can hit it as I progress.    

Day 10, October 19

Played 9 today and shot a 39 on a par 35. Drove the ball well. I made a small change in my wrist at A4 with less flattening and it seemed to help a lot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave