• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Well I'm at 276 consecutive days. 1/1/18: I did my path drill indoors today. For those of you who don't know what this is, it involves 2 to 4 water or soda bottles a club and a foam ball. I

Posted Images

Day 47

Played 18 at Southern Pines. Much improved ball striking with my longer clubs (Driver, 3 wood, hybrid). Inconsistent with low to mid irons. Solid full wedges. Horrendous chipping and putting. Only one lost ball off the tee for 2 strokes. No other penalties. Overall I saw progress but did not score well. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 61

I played 36 holes today at 2 different courses. Both rounds consisted a solid Front 9 with the Back 9 going south on me

Day 18 - chip & putted for 30mins, then hit a few 9i, 5W, and driver on the range.  

Driver & 5W: A-

9i: C 

not sure why I struggled so much at first, but my tempo was too fast...once I figured it out, hit it much better.

Edited by woodzie264

Day 48

Back to my normal practice today. Slow swings with a foam ball focusing on eliminating OTT.  Started using a 4i in addition to my 7i hoping to figure out those longer irons which are killing me. Although, to be fair, I didn't really hit even my 7i well when I played yesterday. I was just off a bit on everything. Lots of thin shots with my irons other than my wedges. I feel like I'm close to moving on to other elements of my swing since the shallower swing and feels I use are starting to feel more natural to the point where I'm almost able to not think about them. 

Day #9

practiced 50 & 75 yard approach shots at the range w/ TrackMan Range.  These are less than full swings and I need to figure out how much swing I need.  Used Sand Wedge for all shots.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • In addition to all this, I've seen old, over the hill golfers on my home coarse post low scores, with horrible low swing speeds usually sending the ball lower than it should really fly. And young golfers post high scores with faster swing speeds than mine and with pretty nice looking ball flights. Something leads me to think I might be missing the point of all this somewhere....
    • I already thumbs downed @iacas post, but have held off on kicking my goldfish
    • I'm in! Three rounds this year, and I've managed three birdies so far, one on 17 which might not happen again all year. I expect that 6, 13, and 18 will be the most difficult to get for me. 6 is a 420yd par 4, a small stream cuts across the fairway about 140 out from the green, 13 is a 200yd par 3, with a wide but shallow green that I rarely hit 18 is a 400yd par 4 that should be easier than it is - visually, water and trees pinch in before the green, but I'm often 160-170 out, so it shouldn't be that difficult ...also been away from TST for a few years, so this seems a good way to get back in!
    • I’ve played 36 in the last two days, so I’ll do a quick summary of each round: YESTERDAY: We played Occoneechee (par 71, 5951 yds), and I stunk up the front with 54, averaged a triple bogey on holes 3-7 (two doubles, a triple, two quads), but I rebounded with a 44 on the back for a 98 total, including my first birdie of 2021 on the par-3 10th. Putting was mediocre at best (39). TODAY: Back to the home course. A bit better than yesterday, but not by much. 44 on the front, 50 on the back for a 94 total. I was actually only +12 through 13, but I botched holes 14-16 and bogeyed the last two holes. Putting was definitely better (34) with only one three putt from about 20 feet. Good news: My bro and I went to Play It Again Sports this weekend, and I found a nice driving iron that only cost me $10. I hit it several times in these two rounds, and I’m actually hitting it pretty well. On solid strikes, I can hit it just about as far as my driver, so I have a good feeling it’s going to be a useful club in my bag when my driver goes haywire. Bad news: My handicap has unfortunately taken a turn for the worse. It is now sitting at 18 even. The last time I broke 90 was November 28, so I’ve gotta get back into the swing of things. Our season starts March 1!! 
    • Yeah. I found out yesterday my wife and I now qualify for vaccination and my physician's office is one of the vaccine sites in Whatcom County so sent them an email to see about getting scheduled. Not sure yet when or where we'll be able to get the shot but we'll get it the moment it's available to us and not a moment too soon as far as I'm concerned.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. 1puttit
      1puttit
      (56 years old)
    2. Al Vorster
      Al Vorster
      (42 years old)
    3. alczervik4
      alczervik4
      (32 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...