DAY 45  January 17th.  It was great having re-gripped irons today.  I spent 2 1/2 hours on the range, focusing on my downswing and rotating around my thoracic spine.  I have a tendency for my upper body to sway forward, which makes low point control a challenge -- to say the least.  Just as I have been working on and making great progress on reducing/eliminating sway on my backswing now onto the downswing.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Well I'm at 276 consecutive days. 1/1/18: I did my path drill indoors today. For those of you who don't know what this is, it involves 2 to 4 water or soda bottles a club and a foam ball. I

Posted Images

Day 399

Did a little work on priority piece but really felt like I forgot how to swing a club, so stopped and did some short game practice.

Too tired for superspeed today, so missed a day this week. 

Day 6

Did swing drills, first focused on take away. Then full swing.

Day 13 - back to the indoor practice putting mat.  Mainly used the white line side (has the smaller hole cutout in the ramp section) to focus on keeping the ball going straight - worked from 3' - 6' distances in 1' increments.  Goal was to make 8 in a row at which time I could move to the next distance back.  IF, which was more the case, I left the line and missed the cup more than twice I had to move back to the next shorter distance.  Really forced the focus to be on making sure the backswing and follow-thru were equidistant from the starting point, keeping the head steady and having enough swing to sink the ball and not blow through.  Tough exercise but rewarding when I could "hear" the ball fall.  

On 1/17/2021 at 11:36 AM, woodzie264 said:

Day 13 - more straighter right elbow work. I was crushing it today (for me anyways). Admittedly, I had secondary focus of initiating the downswing with left hip and I think that was helpful. But ball contact felt great

Day 14 - pretty much the same, but I think I’m very disjointed with my arms & hips.  

DAY 46  January 18   I spent time in my home office today practicing swings using my shortened 5 iron and an Impact Ball... .working on staying connected and rotating versus swaying on both my backswing and downswing.

Day 7

Gold Flex warm up, starting off with more this Monday compared to last Monday.  Will be building as the week goes on with Friday max out.

Used my 52* & PW exclusively today.  Hit 35 1/4 to 1/2 shots.  Really felt I needed to work on this as it was a major weak spot for me in 2020.

Finished up with 5 full swings with each club

Kept focus on 60/60/100 for all as well as straight soft trail arm

Did not flip my wrists once 😎

Day 400

Did a superspeed workout, but not a great one. Also did a little bit of indoor putting.

Day 14 - more time with the net today.  Used foot powder spray on club faces to get feedback on impact.  Was toey with the irons - worked on setup to counter this, more in the middle by the end.  Fairways and driver pretty good....total of around 100 shots taken.  Really started to feel toey strikes with the driver, and man when on center, it felt effortless.  Good day on the net....

Day 17 (of last 18, 4 in a row) - Did some putting with the smart ball.  Also felt like my weight was ending on my right side, so I worked to feel like my weight finished on my left.  Tried stepping down on my left heal to start the forward stroke.  Seemed to feel pretty good.

• Administrator

Day 386 - January 19, 2021

About 20 7-irons today. Some were shorter. A bit less flow, a bit more arms out and up with the shaft going \ (or / depending on your perspective).

DAY 47  January 19  Started the session working with the Super Speed Sticks and measuring my swing speed for the Challenge.

Then spent 2 1/2 hours on the range working on my swing -- while I was doing drills, I was working to reduce my tension level at set up and throughout the swing.  Making a lot of progress... I feel like my swing comes out, when I am more relaxed.