IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 8

Expanded Gold Flex workout 1 step up from yesterday, did core strength.

Worked on 5 wood today, used alignment stick for ball placement in stance.Β  Need to get this down for the upcoming season as I was all over the place in 2020.

Focused as well on 60/50/100 with straight soft trail arm.Β  Center face contact is improving and becoming more consistent but still have a long way to go.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smokeΒ yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility IronΒ Srixon 3 20*
Irons:Β  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -Β Β Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy GrailΒ Ball: Snell MTBx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 15 - got to work with the net some today with the driver, 7iron and 50*.Β  Β Focused on making consistent contact, about 60 shots total.Β  Also about 30 mins of pitch/chip work around the yard with the grandson in tow...he loves to pretend to carry the "portend" water hazards or go over the long tulip tree.Β  Wild thing is watching his ball flight from behind - kid has a wonderful naturalΒ baby draw.....

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 401

Have a lesson in a week, and it's not clear if my priority piece is going well or not. Recent rounds and practices have been rough with regards to ball striking, really not knowing where the ball is going to go. But I've felt like this before, and usually at some point things click and start coming together.

Went back and reviewed some notes from previous lessons and hit some balls with those concepts and was hitting it pretty well. Then worked on my current priority piece with lots of slow rehearsals between balls and started to feel some progress. Still not great.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 18 (of last 19, 5 in a row) - Kind of an unstructured day of swinging.Β  Trying to feel the different things I've been working on.Β  I think I'm getting to a good place in at least understanding how I'm attempting to put together my swing, and how to make alterations from swing to swing.Β  Hopefully soon I'll get back to my swing thread and get a priority piece defined.

Day 98: Worked a bit on my drill then SuperSpeed. Hit new PR of 107 with the blue. Frickn’ cold out.πŸ₯ΆΒ Also did putting with Blast Motion in the morning, indoors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 387 - January 20, 2021

Got a very strong massage today on my shoulders, so even though I felt nice and loose… I… just did some putting. Supposedly I'll be sore tomorrow? But we'll see.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

DAY 48 January 20.Β  Β Worked through 9 drills from the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge in preparation for playing a round of golf tomorrow (2 plus hours)Β  and then headed to the putting green where I worked on short putts with the STAR Drill, and then putts from 20 and 30 feet... 20 in a row into a 3 foot circle around the hole... and I was done.

Day 8

Stepped up Gold Flex routine from yesterday with the continual build thru the week.Β  Stretching but I am feeling the need to increase some.Β 

Focused on 60/50/100 & straight soft trail arm with 5 wood and Driver, used alignment sticks. Hit 25 balls with the Driver and 15 with the 5 Wood.

Noticed ball contact with the Driver consistently high on the face??

Β 

- Dean

Irons:Β  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -Β Β Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

Day 16 - Blast putting work at the office. Slow swing mapping at home

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

Day 16 - played a round today.Β  Focused on consistent driver strikes - used the powder foot spray which helps provide immediate feedback.Β  Also the work on the net over the past few days seems to have helped with ball striking across the board.Β  Wedge play was so-so, more work needed there.Β Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 402

Superspeed workout today, with some warmup with a 7-iron before swinging the speed sticks.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 17 - did some slow swing mapping Day 30 of theΒ COVID-19's as well as a few mins of the Day 5 ("Delivering the clubhead")Β drill. Now at the office and have done 10 mins of Blast putting work. Rhythm is getting more consistent (on a high traffic, "higher stimp" carpet), but admittedly not practiced much on an actual green.Β 

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

Day 99: Worked on my priority piece and soft trail arm work for about 40 minutes until my fingers were too cold.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9

Morning, hit 10 ball with my Driver, it did not go well

Evening - did Gold Flex work out with a step up in activity, did core.Β  Added extra stretching

worked on 60/60/100 with irons, I also put blue tape down to check for contact points. Hit 7,8,9 & 2 Utility 10 balls each.Β  Did not go well

Just a bad day of contact all around, feels like I know nothing about this game

- Dean

Day 17 - got to do a practice round today.Β  Working to continue developing a repeatable driver.Β  Overall - ball striking was not as consistent yet I was in the fairway just as often.Β  Iron play was decent while fairways suffered.Β  Putting - worked on keeping the eyes looking down and not chasing the ball once struck....not easy as "eye" want to see it go in.Β Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 19 (missed 1 and 7 days ago) - Missed posting yesterday despite practicing.Β  2nd so far since starting.Β  Need to be perfect for the next 3 weeks if I'm going to hit my goal of keeping it active all year.Β 

Today, was partial swings with the smart ball.