IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7, June 1, 2021

Well it’s short game Tuesday. So I practiced my pitching and chipping.

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 98.Β  Spent an hour putting on a real putting green.Β  I did 12 coins, 4' drill (17 putts to finish -- not great, not bad, improving) and a 6' drill (31, ... plenty of room for improvement).Β  I also did, without recording, several from 25' feet of hit 4 balls, try to get them all within 10% (I put four tees a little under a yard around a cup -- should have brought the knitting needles) and repeat.Β  I'm going to work on this one, too, before moving back.Β 

In case it looks like I'm cramming short game:Β  (1) match play round coming up in a little over a week (I qualified over the weekend), and it's my worst part, especially putting.Β  I also only report my practice the-day-so-far when I log into TST;Β  for example, last night, I spent 20 minutes hitting full 6-iron shot practice (slow swings, priority piece on setup, etc) and another 30 hitting chip and quarter shots.Β  This was after the above-mentioned (day 97) putting practice.Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 143 (1 Jun 21)Β - plans to make it to the course did not work out, opted to chip and chip some more with the 8i, focusing on keeping the wrists from flipping and trusting the shot by keeping the head down, weight slightly forward, and rotating thru. Had a blast doing the drill as I had quite a number roll out to within kick in putt range. Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 521 - June 1, 2021

Hit six balls downtown and then played 9 holes (quit when we saw three groups on 10 tee).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 58 (6/01/21) - Putting practice; short distance wedge shots in the yard.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

Day 531:

Totally gassed after a shitty night’s sleep and long day at work. Did some backswing piece reinforcement with LVP camera as well as some swing mapping slo-mo for downswing.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 231: Played 18 solo again today. Worked on alignment. On a couple of holes, I laid down an alignment stick on the tee to get a better sense of where my feet should be aiming. Driver was a bit squirrelly again on the front for some holes but better on the back. Short game was good with a few U&D.Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 144 (2 Jun 21)Β Β - Today was more "yard" practice with the focus on pitches with the 58* and 50* wedges.Β  The goal - to land the ball on the "green area" and have the ball check to close to the hole.Β  Close in this case is within 2yds of the hole.Β  Worked from varied lies - tight through "mini-rough" (grass about 1-2" high).Β  Β Ball flights were again anywhere from 10yds up to 30yds, flighting over the tulip tree.Β  Β To get this to happen, focused intently again on the setup - getting the lower body rotating thru, no flipping of the wrists and a smooth flow.Β  Repeatable swings make for similarly flighted shots.Β  Β Finished the day working with the grandson and his putting on/off the "green".Β  Kept tossing a couple of balls here or there and he would have to putt out.Β  It was about getting him to slow down and putt through.Β  He really loved this drill and got where he would randomly toss the balls and then putt out.Β  Love seeing him "naturally" work out the putt process.Β Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 59 (6/02/21) - Medium bucket at the range today. Full swing practice with 8-iron, 6-hybrid and driver; partial swings with sand wedge using full swing motion.Β 

• Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

Day 8, June 2, 2021

Back to the half swing looks and feels drills. My half swing thing seems more powerful, but feel ain’t real.

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 99.  What a day.  I spent half an hour and hit about 30 full swing shots (8-iron), focusing on setup (spine angle at address).  I, throughout the day, also hit four dozen half swings with my 9-iron (this is good for about 75 yards when I hit it well), just focusing on swinging slowly and making good contact.  I also snuck out to putt and did the 4' 12 coins drill, taking 20 putts. 😞  But I checked the Broadie text and a 90s golfer tends to make 65% of these, so I'm not as far removed from improved putting as I thought.  Gotta improve it though!  Green was too crowded to do 25' putts. 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 532:

Did some backswing rehearsals, no camera. Did some Covid-19 day-5 drill outdoors, with real balls.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 232: Got out early and played 18 (6:30 tee off) to try and beat the rain. No warm up. Of course it rained from hole 12 on. But I had fun. Worked on alignment again and push ball position forward with the driver for better ball flight. Still some pulls. Also, I played the blue tees, which are the longest on this course. Not much of a difference except on three holes. The 18th was 540. Made a bogey on that one!😜

I haven’t practiced much in the last few weeks. I’m in playing mode and trying to gather data on the course. Shot game has been pretty good, as has putting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 100.Β  I spent an hour and a half at a nearby course practice facility this morning.Β  I did some full swing practice (6-iron), both because of course I do, and because I wanted to see the ball flight.Β  I hit it great and took some video -- bonus!Β  It appears some of the picture has changed over the past month!Β  I also practiced some recovery shots, trying to hit low hooks with my 5-iron.Β  Mixed results, and that isn't a shot I'm really comfortable practicing at home, so I'll have to get back out to practice.

I also hit some chip shots at their putting area (with permission), UW chip shots (not quarter swings, more like 1/8 swings).Β  I then practiced putting, some 4' (didn't count, but it wouldn't have been good if I had) and some 25' "can I get within 2.5'" practice.Β  Β Now that I know the area tends to be empty on weekday mornings, I just have to find more weekday mornings to get back so I can work on this weakness in my game.Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

Day 145 (3 Jun 21)Β - broke out the Spalding/MacGregor/Lynx/WilsonΒ blades, cracked dried grips and allΒ today to work on pitches and chips. Β In times past I would be plow the field fat when working with these irons. Using the setup drills found myself making solid contact and getting some decent spin on the pitches. Β My fave iron in this drill is the Wilson Patty Berg 8 iron that has a really neat grip called β€œThe Reminder” - out of focus pic below. Β 

D9F5F009-0A50-486E-A1D7-1C253B5C8DEB.jpeg

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 60 (6/03/21) - More rain today; practiced setup and backswing in the mirror.

Day Nine, June 3, 2021

Hit about ten three-iron shots with my half-way backΒ feeling swing, focusing on the weight shift to the left side.

Edited by onthehunt526
I can’t count apparently

• Administrator

Day 523 - June 3, 2021

Hit balls downtown before lessons and before Natalie got there to work on her swing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets