IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 26: (one day missed yesterday, but I checked the rules, and I'm on 26/27, so all good) - 7I and Driver small swings, and putts gained drills.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 95: 04/02/2022

Yesterday, I went back to what I was doing in my previous 3 sessions. Today I started with a little of that. I spent a bit of time working on my older priority pieces. Basically, I'm trying not to backslide. Then I worked on my newer priority pieces. Then I went back through my coaching notes to make sure I was doing it right... or at least closer to right. 

This seems to be helping. I will definitely film my practice tomorrow or Monday at the latest. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 28.  Played 18 today.  I don't know why, but I played my chip and pitch shots as slowly as I had been practicing.  I did it by accident on my second and third chip shots before realizing it might be a good idea.  In any case, my short game was on fire today, beating the 15 handicap mark.  I also beat the 15 handicap mark with my drives today, despite hitting into an unplayable and taking that penalty.  And I had only one shot lost approach, hitting 9 GIR and 6 near-GIR.  My three that were none was a par-3 I missed by 25 yards, a 434-yard par-4 that I had a 40 yard pitch for my third shot, and the ninth hole where I hit my tee shot I described earlier.  Basically, I played very well with thirteen clubs today. :-) But I was on the bogey train and shot an 86 with no birdies and nothing better than a 4.  Sadly, two sixes (this is the same course where in 2019 I managed my so-far-only no-sixes round).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 153, April 2, 2022

Hit some golf shots on the range while waiting for the kids to warm up. Took my time, got about eight shots in, definitely five minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 77:

Worked on three things: Grip in fingers (indoors), keeping face neutral (feels very open) in backswing, recentering before top of backswing. Hit balls with 7-iron, and it was best practice hitting balls I’ve had in awhile.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 27 - preshot routine, grip, stance, club back & up with straighter right elbow x 10mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

day 29: warmed up prior to playing a 9-hole round with p,7,driver, hybrid and putter.. added in a few chips 

Edited by cdh79

cheers Chris

Day 78:

Played 18 this morning. It was high event golf (3 birdies, 4 penalty strokes, 2 quad bogies, 1 triple bogie), which is not my style when I am playing well, but I am happy with progress in ball striking over the last 2-3 weeks.

Every short game shot I hit was crisp, although distance control was not great today.

Made a few bad putts, but made up for it with the birdies.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 27: Solid 30 min warm up with half swings and putting before 18 holes.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 534: Worked on getting a little more hinge at the top with 7 iron and driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 160 - Putting practice this morning; did the perfect putt ladder drill.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 96: 4/3/2022

Today I filed my taxes, so that took up a bunch of my time. Having said that I did some really good mirror work. Most of it was slow and focused. I'm working on trying to clean a few things up. I think the mirror work I've put in lately will pay dividends when I film my swing tomorrow. ... At least I hope so. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 115 (03 Apr 22) - Worked on grip setup (weak vs strong) while hitting some short pitches with the 52 in the backyard.  Saw how weak my trail hand setup in some recent swing videos.  Worked on getting a good middle ground.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 154, April 3, 2022

Made a few swings in my living room while catching up on some work. Long day. COLD day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 29.  Today was a writing day for me, but I took two ten-minute breaks:  one for full swings (8-iron and 6-iron), and one for quarter and chip shots with my 58 and 54.  Slow swings, off a mat, into a net, real balls.

should have done the 25+ foot putt at home drill from LSW.  I forgot that existed until a moment ago when I typed, then deleted, that I didn't know how to practice those at home.  I've done that drill in the past too.  Oh well, that'll happen soon now that it has been remembered.  Coming tomorrow: red text to go with my practice reports.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 28: Putts Gained Drill and Chipping Ladder

Day 28 - out of town today without clubs so I did some steady head wall-drills today

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 535: Short game work today at a local course. Reviewed my Erie notes then worked on short to long chips, pitches and sand shot. Then finished at the range.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave