IGNORED

Serious Stuff........Almost

Patch
Note: This thread is 2289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I has a serious set back of sorts today that would have created grief for me when playing my next round. 

My shoulder strap broke on my golf bag. I am quite fond of my golf bag. It's been with me for almost 20 years. 3 different sets of clubs this bag has hauld around, and protected. Not one problem. No stuck zippers, and no visable wear and tear.....until today. 

It's a large Tour Edge bag. It 's special to me. One of the reasons it is so special is because all the TE logos on it are upside down. The fact that  I had it for a few years before I notice this uniqueness is besides the point. 

So the shoulder strap broke. No problem. Just go into a golf store a buy a replacement.

First stop was a Golf Galaxy store. Surely they would have replacement. Nope, but they could sell me a new bag for $200. Figured while I was there, might as well hit some balls with some of the new technology stuff. 

Next stop was a Dicks Sporting Goods Store. Nothing. Salesman said I needed a new bag. $149.......no thanks. 

Next stop was a Mom and Pop store I found by accident. Nothing usable, but the Mom did offer some advice. Call TE, and they will most likely send me another strap. The fact that I was several hundreds of miles from home didn't phase her. 

I am becoming a bit irritated. 3 golf shops. No one is selling replacement shoulder straps. 

My next stop was a Big 5 outlet. Again, nothing. In fact this B5 store is cutting back on their golf stuff since the golf merchandise is not moving very well for them anymore. 

Depression is setting in. A planned weeks stay in Bandon Oregon is just a few days away, and my golf bag is broke. 

All of a sudden I spy out of the corner of my eye a car upholstery shop. I start thinking if they can do tuck and roll stuff, surely they can make me a strap. I go in and plead my case. The guy says "no problemo", and takes my broken strap. 10 minutes later, a young lady returns with my strap completely repaired. They just restitch it back together. I asked how much? "No Charge" she told me with a smile. Slipped her a tip anyways. 

So, if you need a golf bag repaired, just go to an upholstery shop, and save yourself time, money, and personal grief. :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, Patch said:

It's been with me for almost 20 years.

Sounds like your good for another 20....  :whistle:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

You should credit the store here so if somebody is in the area you can send some business their way.   Great story.   Congrats on some creative troubleshooting.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Its amazing what a bit of stitching can do!. I would have gone with the old duct tape! :-P

Edited by RussUK

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Wow, what a tense situation only to be solved by a few stitches.    Funny, I was in a Golf Mart the other day and they had a bunch of straps in all colors and styles.    Oh well, glad you got THE strap fixed.

I'm not surprised that you couldn't find a strap at any of the big box stores. I had a strap break a few years ago and ended up scrapping the bag and buying a new one. But I'm very glad to hear that you found someone to fix it! :beer:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Actually a broken strap was the thing that got me using pull carts. 

The very first bag of clubs I bought was used set of Dunlop DMTs in the bag that came with the set. Less than a year in, the strap gave way as I was walking from the parking lot to the pro shop, so I rented the trolley. Never thought about carrying again.

Note: This thread is 2289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!