IGNORED

Every Hole at Pine Valley

iacas
Note: This thread is 2261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Wowee.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quite a course. Looks... difficult ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Too bad 99.99999% of us will never get to play it. I know I won't. I'm pretty sure

This is a nice video. It actually gives you a better overview of the holes than the old video that’s on YouTube of the Gene Littler / Byron Nelson match on Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf which is grainy, a bit washed out and somewhat out of focus. I was amazed at the difficult time both had playing it. Neither broke par. Nelson came close, 2 over I think, even though he was 60 years old at the time. Littler shot 42 on the front nine and ended up with a 76.

These classic courses are a just a tad more difficult than your typical muni, I think. As an example, my son and I played Bethpage Black last year. My son is a bogey golfer and managed to just break 100. I played great that day, and shot an 85, about 6 or 7 strokes more than my average round. I doubt I could break a hundred at Pine Valley.

Before I croak (or get too old to play well) I’d love to play PV. Anyone on The Sand Trap a member? If so, I’ll accept your invitation!

Edited by xrayvizhen

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

My buddy played it last year.  He’s a solid 4 hcp.  Played 3 rounds and shot 91, 88, 85.

He got me a shirt though!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

That's a good find… but where is part 1?

I wonder if it was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj04EC-zz2w: ""Gene Littler vs Byron Nelso..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by PGAtour_CVP.".

:-(

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I play it on the simulator alot closest I"ll ever get

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

I watched the whole thing a few months ago. Now part 1 is gone which is the segment that shows Littler hitting it into the woods on one of the early Par 3's and instead of taking an unplayable lie and a drop tries to whack his way out...and fails...twice, ending up with a 7. Whoever has the rights wants to sell the video probably.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

• Administrator
6 hours ago, xrayvizhen said:

I watched the whole thing a few months ago. Now part 1 is gone which is the segment that shows Littler hitting it into the woods on one of the early Par 3's and instead of taking an unplayable lie and a drop tries to whack his way out...and fails...twice, ending up with a 7. Whoever has the rights wants to sell the video probably.

The Golf Digest video called it a "newspaper 7".

Wow, incredible views of what looks like an amazing course. I have to say, though, it's tough to get jazzed about a course I'll never play and can't even see the pros play. 

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

The Golf Digest video called it a "newspaper 7".

That was the first time I'd heard that term. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I got to play there once. And with the club champ as my host. Great day but I had a horrible caddie. He miss clubbed me numerous times. And when I was there GPS didn't exist and the caddies were the only ones with books and yardages. The sprinklers were marked 1 thru however many sprinklers were on that hole. My caddie actually got punched by my hosts caddie after he miss clubbed me by 3 clubs on a downhill par 3.....I hit 6 iron over green into top of tree......it did bounce off and go on green though...Ha......Here's how you play there if you read this....Drive up to end of corner before you cross the RR tracks to the course... Park your car on the left and act like you are broken down....First person who stops and says are you OK....Say no I want to play....My guess is they will host you....Look the part though.

Note: This thread is 2261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!