iacas

2018 Honda Classic

Tiger  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger Woods will __________ the cut at the 2018 Honda Classic? (Fill in the Blank)

• make
    • miss

294 posts in this topic Last Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

After the last week.  I am thinking he will miss the cut.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Preview of the Bear Trip (I'm gonna call the Bear Trap Bear Trip because it's a trip, ha ha).

Tiger will of course be in one of today's featured groups. They tee off in 6 hours 25 minutes.

Tiger’s looking in the palmetto bushes for a golf ball on his first hole of the day.

Fortunately it’s Patton's golf ball.

Driving iron 296 on 11.

Big miss left on 12. Did he hit driver? I don't see him winning anything, maybe not even making the cut if he's spraying it left and right off the tee.

2 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Driving iron 296 on 11.

Big miss left on 12. Did he hit driver? I don't see him winning anything, maybe not even making the cut if he's spraying it left and right off the tee.

Yeah, his first tee shot on 10 with the driver was pretty good. Just barely into the right rough.

Of course for all I know he was going for left-center.

“This looks good, a little bit long…” Shot goes four feet past the hole. ?

PGA Tour Live is gonna pay for itself this year! :-D

Tied for the lead. ;-)

ugh.. i hate this course. All it needs is 20 houses on every hole and it would be the stereotypically awful florida golf course. I played it before they started having the tournament there, but it was two of the least enjoyable rounds of golf I've ever played. I broke 80 both times, so it wasn't like i played bad. 

Im going to say Tiger will miss the cut here.  Though i like him if he plays Bay Hill. 

2 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Im going to say Tiger will miss the cut here.

Despite the early signs?

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Despite the early signs?

I dont trust that stroke he's using right now. I understand he cant swing under the way he most pros do, but thats a total block move he has though the ball the last few times I've watched him play.   

1 minute ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I dont trust that stroke he's using right now. I understand he cant swing under the way he most pros do, but thats a total block move he has though the ball the last few times I've watched him play.   

So you haven't been watching? You didn't see the 3W he just hit 316 (a bit downwind, yeah)? That he's T1 right now?

I don't agree either that he's got a total block move going, or it would show up a lot more frequently. Plus his lone miss today was left.

Great tee shot on 15.

I wonder if they ever considered renaming the course "The Bear Trap" and just have the players play holes 15-17 6 times.

Club twirl at the par-three 15th. Shot is to 18'6".

Leaves the birdie putt an inch or two short.

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

So you haven't been watching? You didn't see the 3W he just hit 316 (a bit downwind, yeah)? That he's T1 right now?

I don't agree either that he's got a total block move going, or it would show up a lot more frequently. Plus his lone miss today was left.

His misses off the tee have been so wild that its only going to take one or two holes to undo any momentum he builds. It just looks like he stands up and chases it with his upper body. I do the the same sometimes and try to save it with my arms. It will go left if you over do it. 

4 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

His misses off the tee have been so wild that its only going to take one or two holes to undo any momentum he builds. It just looks like he stands up and chases it with his upper body. I do the the same sometimes and try to save it with my arms. It will go left if you over do it. 

The stand up you're seeing is well after impact, and helps alleviate stress on his back.

TWA75.jpg

Those are post-impact.