IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

I was nervous that Finau was going to have another hole in one. I don't think my stomach could tolerate a second one...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Every time you think Rory's making it look easy, he manages to make it more difficult. No reason to airmail that green. Play for the middle, two putts, easy birdie. He must know how bunched the leaderboard is and that birdie is all he needs.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I was nervous that Finau was going to have another hole in one. I don't think my stomach could tolerate a second one...

Your stomach, his ankle... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, b101 said:

Every time you think Rory's making it look easy, he manages to make it more difficult. No reason to airmail that green. Play for the middle, two putts, easy birdie. He must know how bunched the leaderboard is and that birdie is all he needs.

Got it done. Huge putt

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Nantz doing his daily fluff of Freddie. Fred just loves this place, 92 Masters, his bad back keeps him from playing much these days but he is at his favorite place on earth.

Trollin' is the life

Some ride for Tony Finau.

Shoots hole in one on par 3 contest.
Runs to the green backwards and dislocate his ankle.
Pops ankle ack in himself.
Might not be able to play The Masters.
Takes an X-ray.
Doctors allows him to play.
Leads The Masters towards the end of Thursday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

What was that sound after Kuchar's second on #15?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

In spite of Sergio's efforts, 15 is still playing the easiest hole on the course... Impressive going!

On 4/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, NEhomer said:

So she didn't smash his vehicle and she didn't divorce him for a large settlement? Not being the Tiger fan you obviously are, I have not read "the latest report."

I am very late on this but I just wanted to say that I cackled like an old witch brewing a potion in a thunderstorm when Sergio hit those balls in the water. A truly great moment in my Masters history.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Crowd cheered Phil a little early there?

-- Michael | My swing! 

Audio was out of sync with video? Or picked up cheers from somewhere else?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I guess they knew before he hit his birdie putt at 15 how good his tee shot at 16 would be :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Delighted for Finau, especially after yesterday.

All told, this has been a really entertaining first day. Nice, bunched leaderboard and feels like a lot of players are grinding to get the scores. Could see someone going low tomorrow and taking charge.

Well, those three have the hole surrounded (Kuchar, Rickie and Phil at #16)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Rickie, Phil and Kuchar knows how to play golf. This is from the par 3 16th.

pgathreeballs.png

A lot of good names are starting to climb up the leaderboard.

18 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

I know it's premature but I don't think Sergio is going to make the cut. :-P

Regardless, he isn't going to be able to leave or go anywhere. He has to be back on Sunday for the Green Jacket ceremony.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

3 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Regardless, he isn't going to be able to leave or go anywhere. He has to be back on Sunday for the Green Jacket ceremony.

That sucks. He could fly off somewhere and come back for Sunday evening though.

Note: This thread is 2353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!